Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Well that's sad to see, but since they were quiet for so long it seemed inevitable. Got an email this morning from them that Epik Subwoofers is officially done.

Hi John, I got that email this morning also.
It's too bad, they made some nice stuff at a fair price.
Ended up ordering a spare 600W plate amp for my Empire. $249 with free shipping.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Looks like my company is doing a split. I knew things were too quite around here.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
My January objectives list... that I set in early December is untouched so far because I've been inundated with new stuff, fires, and general incompetence. I had some time off around the holidays and my group and were all talking about what a pressure cooker the year was and that we were all going to make a concerted effort to level things out and filter more from the staff and try to slow things down a bit. So far... it's been the opposite.

Rant over. I'm leaving and going to go have a nice dinner with the wife.
Time to start padding the time estimates with the "Scotty Factor" .... that'll slow them down. :)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
That's .254 centimeters for you metric system countries...which I thought Harold was a citizen of.:what:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Just trying to make it simple for you guys
We still have 6.5" woofers in this country too :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've come to the conclusion that I'm totally burned out at work. I spent my time at very important meeting this morning reading about home theater, the new Corvette Z06, and posting here. I extended my lunch to two hours and 3 drinks. It's not even 5 and I'm absolutely intent on leaving before it gets there and I'm already dreading coming in tomorrow.

I just told my wife to book another cruise.
I could have written all that except the part about the wife, the drinking and the cruise but other than that I'm with you 100% ... and what's that about working until 5:00? :eek:

2:30 and we're about all done but that's what happens when you start at 6:30 ... which is rapidly approaching.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I've come to the conclusion that I'm totally burned out at work. I spent my time at very important meeting this morning reading about home theater, the new Corvette Z06, and posting here. I extended my lunch to two hours and 3 drinks. It's not even 5 and I'm absolutely intent on leaving before it gets there and I'm already dreading coming in tomorrow.

I just told my wife to book another cruise.
You gotta change something

You gotta love what you do.....

itschris

itschris

I could have written all that except the part about the wife, the drinking and the cruise but other than that I'm with you 100% ... and what's that about working until 5:00? :eek:

2:30 and we're about all done but that's what happens when you start at 6:30 ... which is rapidly approaching.
i left at six (early by normal standards) and came home and we made a huge pot of this vegetable kinda tomato sorda cabbage soup. It's awesome and was nice pulling some things out of my own garden to make it. It was a good call by Nancy to stay in. I ignored my email all night... Didn't check once, nor did I respond to a single txt. I also will not be attending my 9am meeting because I'm actually not technically out of bed yet.

I think part of the issue is that we set such a pace the past two years and did amazing things and just worked at redline pace all the time. Now theres this expectation, completely unrealistic, that we can do even more. I report to the CAO and the President of my division. We'll be having a come to Jesus meeting sometime this week.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I went bike riding yesterday... in my attempt to get back into shape. I went about 6 miles round trip up our bike trail on a short speed run. It's 3 miles uphill with 3 pretty long hills.. that get you both ways. It's actually a challenging ride because the the incline up is enough that you really feel it going the first leg, but not enough to benefit you substantially at all coming back down. The hills along the way are sort of long and steep on the wrong sides to make it any easier. My goal was to average 15mph over the course. I did 9 mph and my legs burned so bad on the last hill back and I was in such low gear going so slow I almost fell over. I'm extremely frustrated because I used to bike 30 or 40 miles and average 17 mph over that distance. Now, I mind as well have a basket and squeeze horn on my handle bars and fenders because I feel like an old lady.

Now as I sit here not paying attention in my meeting... all I can think about is how much my a$$ hurts. It's going to be a long road back to my glory days if I can ever get there.
Remind me why you have been off the bike. I have been off for almost two weeks secondary to Bronchitis and I am panicking that I'm gonna die on my first ride. Cardio goes away so quickly.

itschris

itschris

Remind me why you have been off the bike. I have been off for almost two weeks secondary to Bronchitis and I am panicking that I'm gonna die on my first ride. Cardio goes away so quickly.
Once I got in full swing of my career, I got fat and stayed fat. About 8 years ago, a friend of mine invited me to see her compete at her triathlon. I sat there watching all these people content in my fatness that I could never do any of what these people were doing, despite being a decorated athlete in high school and somewhat my first year in college. The leg coming out of the water required you climb an 8 foot sea wall that had these big railroad ties as a ladder. They were actually serving as bumpers for the larger fishing and pleasure boats but that was all cleared out for the race. So I'm sitting there and watch this girl struggling to make it up. I see her head pop up above the wall then the rest. She crawls over, gets up, and runs past me to her bike.... with one leg. She was an amputee at the upper thigh and had a prostetic rig. As I watcher run by, I suddenly felt quite stupid about myself, ashamed even. I literally left at that moment, went home, pulled my bike down and went riding. Two months later, I entered my first triathlon... the Meek and Mighty event at the big St. Anthony's event in St. Petersburg. It was a very short tri, and the swim was in the pool, but at 340lbs at the time, I finished. I nearly coded, but I finished.

Fast forward a year and half... I lost 110 pounds, added 31 pounds of muscle and was in the best shape of my adult life and getting closer to my goal of 245 and 10% body fat... which was my best physical condition my first year of college. So I had been doing a lot of sprint distance tri's and really getting into biking. I was riding 30 miles without issue at about 17-18mph pace.

Then, I got together with Nancy. Then right after that, I took a new promotion at my company and everything began to change. I had a relationship and new job and suddenly I started missing the gym days. On the weekends we hung and did stuff as opposed to my regimine of working out. It was my fault because I wanted to be with Nancy and Christina and it was a lot more fun to go have a picnic in the park rather than ride in the hot sun. I started to gain my weight back slowly but surely. The fat mentality never goes away. it's your biggest enemy. I sort of caught myself and started to turn things around but then I had my motorcycle accident. I was laid up for quite awhile and had screws and bolts in both shoulders. I had a couple shoulder surgeries after that as well along with my knee. Suddenly I had an even better excuse not to workout.

I coudn't reconcile the fact that when I went to the gym, I was never going to be who I used to be. I was never going to bench 400lbs again. I was never going to military press 225. Those days were gone, but I didn't want to adjust. So the last few years, I just made trivial attempts at getting back into shape. Work plays a huge role because it really does suck up my life. Christina is in college now, so that frees up some responsibilty time-wise. I made the decision to get back into shape a few months ago. I had to have another knee surgery but I'm at the point where I can walk and bike again. My biggest thing is that I've recognized the fat person mentality about food. I'm always worried that I'm not going to get enough. When I go out, I don't order the shrimp dish because I figure it's going to be too small, so I order the biggest steak and everything with it and leave feeling overstuffed and sick. I've come to recognize that as a severel mental sickness on my part, so about 2 or 3 months ago, I made this rule that when I go out, I just order what I want... which is usually something healthy, but was always overridden by this fat guy mentality. So I've lost about 25 pounds over the past 2 months just by eating better. I still catch myself sometimes having a bit of a panic or weighing the food options at dinner wondering if I'm going to leave satisfied, but most times I catch myself now.

I can't run anymore because of my knee, but I can ride. So I started on my normal kind of cruise bike which is easier to ride than my racing tri bike. I hadn't even been on a bike for a year. I figure it'll take me about a month to get past the a$$ ache and a month after that to get the revs back up to 80 or 90 and just generally feel comfortable again. It's really no fun right now because I'm going so slow and everything pretty much hurts. I'm invested though. We have what's called the Pinellas Trail where I live. They took the old railway and made a bike/walking trail that stretches across the county. They've been adding to it over the years and patching in other trails. There's actually a trail now that goes right outside the gates of our neighborhood which leads to a new trail they just completed when they re-did the highway that connects the to major throughfare highways that go north and south in Pinellas County. We're a stones through from the water so going on the new trail is an uphill affair like i noted. It's just a 6 mile up and back, but it's fairly brutal. I plan on using it as a TT course once I get back into full swing. I can take it either East or West to get to either of the main trails that go north and south, so 25 mile + treks are super easy and safe.

Sorry for the long post... but there you have it.

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
If I was a millionaire I would probably get the Jager Le Coultre Grand Turbillion in Platinum

Even in the shops in Geneve they take it away at night....

Price? well even the Vandersteen Sevens is a bargain compared to this one......

itschris

itschris

If I was a millionaire I would probably get the Jager Le Coultre Grand Turbillion in Platinum

Even in the shops in Geneve they take it away at night....

Price? well even the Vandersteen Sevens is a bargain compared to this one......
If I won the lotto, i'd be the Imelda Marcos of watches.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Once I got in full swing of my career, I got fat and stayed fat. About 8 years ago, a friend of mine invited me to see her compete at her triathlon. I sat there watching all these people content in my fatness that I could never do any of what these people were doing, despite being a decorated athlete in high school and somewhat my first year in college. The leg coming out of the water required you climb an 8 foot sea wall that had these big railroad ties as a ladder. They were actually serving as bumpers for the larger fishing and pleasure boats but that was all cleared out for the race. So I'm sitting there and watch this girl struggling to make it up. I see her head pop up above the wall then the rest. She crawls over, gets up, and runs past me to her bike.... with one leg. She was an amputee at the upper thigh and had a prostetic rig. As I watcher run by, I suddenly felt quite stupid about myself, ashamed even. I literally left at that moment, went home, pulled my bike down and went riding. Two months later, I entered my first triathlon... the Meek and Mighty event at the big St. Anthony's event in St. Petersburg. It was a very short tri, and the swim was in the pool, but at 340lbs at the time, I finished. I nearly coded, but I finished.

Fast forward a year and half... I lost 110 pounds, added 31 pounds of muscle and was in the best shape of my adult life and getting closer to my goal of 245 and 10% body fat... which was my best physical condition my first year of college. So I had been doing a lot of sprint distance tri's and really getting into biking. I was riding 30 miles without issue at about 17-18mph pace.

Then, I got together with Nancy. Then right after that, I took a new promotion at my company and everything began to change. I had a relationship and new job and suddenly I started missing the gym days. On the weekends we hung and did stuff as opposed to my regimine of working out. It was my fault because I wanted to be with Nancy and Christina and it was a lot more fun to go have a picnic in the park rather than ride in the hot sun. I started to gain my weight back slowly but surely. The fat mentality never goes away. it's your biggest enemy. I sort of caught myself and started to turn things around but then I had my motorcycle accident. I was laid up for quite awhile and had screws and bolts in both shoulders. I had a couple shoulder surgeries after that as well along with my knee. Suddenly I had an even better excuse not to workout.

I coudn't reconcile the fact that when I went to the gym, I was never going to be who I used to be. I was never going to bench 400lbs again. I was never going to military press 225. Those days were gone, but I didn't want to adjust. So the last few years, I just made trivial attempts at getting back into shape. Work plays a huge role because it really does suck up my life. Christina is in college now, so that frees up some responsibilty time-wise. I made the decision to get back into shape a few months ago. I had to have another knee surgery but I'm at the point where I can walk and bike again. My biggest thing is that I've recognized the fat person mentality about food. I'm always worried that I'm not going to get enough. When I go out, I don't order the shrimp dish because I figure it's going to be too small, so I order the biggest steak and everything with it and leave feeling overstuffed and sick. I've come to recognize that as a severel mental sickness on my part, so about 2 or 3 months ago, I made this rule that when I go out, I just order what I want... which is usually something healthy, but was always overridden by this fat guy mentality. So I've lost about 25 pounds over the past 2 months just by eating better. I still catch myself sometimes having a bit of a panic or weighing the food options at dinner wondering if I'm going to leave satisfied, but most times I catch myself now.

I can't run anymore because of my knee, but I can ride. So I started on my normal kind of cruise bike which is easier to ride than my racing tri bike. I hadn't even been on a bike for a year. I figure it'll take me about a month to get past the a$$ ache and a month after that to get the revs back up to 80 or 90 and just generally feel comfortable again. It's really no fun right now because I'm going so slow and everything pretty much hurts. I'm invested though. We have what's called the Pinellas Trail where I live. They took the old railway and made a bike/walking trail that stretches across the county. They've been adding to it over the years and patching in other trails. There's actually a trail now that goes right outside the gates of our neighborhood which leads to a new trail they just completed when they re-did the highway that connects the to major throughfare highways that go north and south in Pinellas County. We're a stones through from the water so going on the new trail is an uphill affair like i noted. It's just a 6 mile up and back, but it's fairly brutal. I plan on using it as a TT course once I get back into full swing. I can take it either East or West to get to either of the main trails that go north and south, so 25 mile + treks are super easy and safe.

Sorry for the long post... but there you have it.
I know how you feel, I hurt my shoulder and gained 25 lbs and god knows how much lean mass got replaced by fat... Then I just get back to where I was and the shoulder is stinging and burning again... These bodies aren't made for what we put them through, I worked out yesterday for 70 minutes and went light on the shoulders, but today my shoulder feels like someone stuffed a hit rock in there...

itschris

itschris

I know how you feel, I hurt my shoulder and gained 25 lbs and god knows how much lean mass got replaced by fat... Then I just get back to where I was and the shoulder is stinging and burning again... These bodies aren't made for what we put them through, I worked out yesterday for 70 minutes and went light on the shoulders, but today my shoulder feels like someone stuffed a hit rock in there...
The amount of rattle and flexing in my shoulders just from biking was quite unerving... like something being extremely stressed and on the verge of breaking. I feel that whenever I do anything shoulder related. I ripped all my cuffs and labrem (sp?) and have a plate and screws. The last time I was at the gym I was military pressing 135 and I literally felt like something was going to implode, explode, something. I still carry quite a bit of muscle mass just because of all the years of gym work so I'm not going to worry very much about weight anymore. between the shoulders and knee, there's just limited amounts of what I can do and I'm not sure the benefit is really there to justify the time. If the limiting factor is structural as opposed to strength then there's not a lot to be gained.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't laid under what I used to before the shoulder surgery, I was up to 8 plates when I felt it "coming apart" again, so I stalled and went for some scans, nothing ripped but it is tender and swollen, shoulders take forever to heal and usually don't come all back... I won't ever be over 10 plates, but I have been using the cable cross over a lot and doing everything with that one machine and a bench... Keeps all the motion smooth and controlled, I do curls, presses, ect with it everything except the rows, which I am going super easy with rite now..

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I haven't laid under what I used to before the shoulder surgery, I was up to 8 plates when I felt it "coming apart" again, so I stalled and went for some scans, nothing ripped but it is tender and swollen, shoulders take forever to heal and usually don't come all back... I won't ever be over 10 plates, but I have been using the cable cross over a lot and doing everything with that one machine and a bench... Keeps all the motion smooth and controlled, I do curls, presses, ect with it everything except the rows, which I am going super easy with rite now..
Ever since I started using bands my shoulder issues have dropped a lot. Pick up some bodylastics and you can really work out the shoulders properly and build up that strength for your other lifts.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
My wife has bands and I used them through pt, but I need much more weight than that, to even begin to get blood in... the cable crossover seems to be my best fit while injured, I can load up a couple hundred pounds and not abuse myself from the resistance...

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Ever since I started using bands my shoulder issues have dropped a lot. Pick up some bodylastics and you can really work out the shoulders properly and build up that strength for your other lifts.
Maybe you can calm down playing with your miniDSP? :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
My wife has bands and I used them through pt, but I need much more weight than that, to even begin to blood in... the cable crossover seems to be my best fit while injured, I can load up a couple hundred pounds and not abuse myself from the resistance...
I have 2 full bodylastic sets so I could easily load up a couple of hundred pounds of resistance if I wanted too. That said I meant for rehabbing your shoulders even further you should look into them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis