Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Only to find that Excel doesn't save files opened directly from Outlook Express.:(
Are you sure? I'd bet that it's in some Outlook temporary folder. If you open the file from Outlook again, go to save it (but don't) and check out the save directory - hopefully your work from yesterday will be in that folder.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Great way to start the day.

I opened an Excel file emailed to me in my Outlook Express.
Worked on the file all day yesterday, along with multiple saves.
Get up this morning at 5:30 to work on it.
Only to find that Excel doesn't save files opened directly from Outlook Express.:(
FIRST THING: YOU MUST ALWAYS DO SAVE AS, IN Excel and Word, No matter the origin

Try to search for it with anything called .xls* from c:\, and then sort by descending date

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Are you sure? I'd bet that it's in some Outlook temporary folder. If you open the file from Outlook again, go to save it (but don't) and check out the save directory - hopefully your work from yesterday will be in that folder.
The problem is in how I initially opened it.
I double clicked the attachment, that opened it in Excel. Instead of clicking 'Save Attachment' then opening Excel.

Thanks Adam, I did search there earlier with no luck

itschris

itschris

The problem is in how I initially opened it.
I double clicked the attachment, that opened it in Excel. Instead of clicking 'Save Attachment' then opening Excel.

Thanks Adam, I did search there earlier with no luck
I just tried doing a test. Express and even the new outlook does not save changes within the attachment. I know it used to...probably a few versions ago. This begs the question...why have SAVE available if it doesn't work?

That blows Rick. I don't mind doing work once, but the same crap twice pisses me off. I've probably spent the equivalent of months redoing spreadsheets and databases.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
FIRST THING: YOU MUST ALWAYS DO SAVE AS, IN Excel and Word, No matter the origin

Try to search for it with anything called .xls* from c:\, and then sort be descending date

That was the first thing I did this morning. :(
I can't tell you how many times while saving yesterday, I figured I just do the exact search you described when it didn't ask me where I wanted it saved. I thought it was strange, however just kept plugging away.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I agree, it's only one thing that's worse than bad music....

Doing the same work twice, I hate it !

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I just tried doing a test. Express and even the new outlook does not save changes within the attachment.
I can understand that.
I just don't get that, after it's opened in Excel and saved there multiple times. It should give me an updated file, even with the same name and a (2) tagged on the end... at least.:(

I know it used to...probably a few versions ago. This begs the question...why have SAVE available if it doesn't work?

That blows Rick. I don't mind doing work once, but the same crap twice pisses me off. I've probably spent the equivalent of months redoing spreadsheets and databases.

It always seems to go a little faster the second time. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I was thinking of having it match more audio related accessories. Also, I didnt think those leather onesies had pockets.

itschris

itschris

My buddy and Pastor, Chad Johnston, does nice leather work...holsters, belts, and wallets and other stuff. Here's his wallet..cool rugged style...
JGL Wallets

Check it out.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Started a free trial to jimstoppani.com and got accidentally charged as soon as I signed up. E-mailed them about it and they refunded the charge and gave me 3 months free. Whole thing was resolved in less than a day and completely through e-mail. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Started a free trial to jimstoppani.com and got accidentally charged as soon as I signed up. E-mailed them about it and they refunded the charge and gave me 3 months free. Whole thing was resolved in less than a day and completely through e-mail. :D
A free trial for working out? You know you're going to have to leave the computer for that. :eek: :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I like that wallet, I have had the same spiderman wallet for almost 2 years, but surprisingly it is holding up well, I have worn out $80 wallets in under a year, but this cheap spidey wallet is still like new... Its funny to see peoples faces when I pull it out to pay for something, they are like "is that a spiderman wallet" and I say" yah it matches my underwear", no sa, I don't say that but it would be funny...

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I went to the grocery store this afternoon to get Niki food (she was out), and I also got her a chicken breast as a treat. So, I cook it up and we sit down to eat (I was going to eat a small amount because it was really too much to give her, but most was for her). We're about half way in, and she backs away and gets the "I'm going to hurl" look on her face. Yep, she threw up. Twice. My girl, who will eat rabbit entrails and rotting dead rabbits without missing a beat, threw up twice while eating the same chicken that I was. She's totally fine, btw, but it makes me wonder about that chicken.

Tonight may not bode well...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis