Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that we're about four posts away from Irvin realizing that Alex owes him back rent. :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I think that we're about four posts away from Irvin realizing that Alex owes him back rent. :D
He would be on a long list, lol. actually, after the first of the year I write it off so.... as of today none of my {non current tenants} owe me anything, the losses are taken from what uncle sam was going to take from me... Happy New Year.. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I want to have some different beer, but I find myself way too lethargic to actually go get any.

Perhaps that's how I'll catch up with Alex. Sobriety...one lazy day at a time.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
He would be on a long list, lol. actually, after the first of the year I write it off so.... as of today none of my {non current tenants} owe me anything, the losses are taken from what uncle sam was going to take from me... Happy New Year.. :D
Can I stay at one of your places? :)

I mean, apparently I'm already helping to pay for them...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How long ago did you live near Knightsville?
Until they wouldn't let me drink there anymore ... duh. :D

Probably about a year.
The owner of Knightsville use to get pissed if you swore in the bar.
That f&^*ing ****sucker. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I actually have gotten time at home to solder and drill. The drivers are being installed. On a related note I wonder if alex met jordan belfort at his wild parties.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Can I stay at one of your places? :)

I mean, apparently I'm already helping to pay for them...
You don't want to live in RI, believe me, I moved as soon as I figured it out, lol.. It used to be a great place, I loved knightsville, would have loved to raise my family there, family/community {at least on my street}, but stuff changes fast, and it did... Providence is getting like Gotham city and it is crawling into areas it would have never survived before... Rhode Islanders are too close to each other, taxes are silly, people are angry, schools are sliding lower and lower, crime is getting higher and higher, jobs are less and less, just not a "great" place to bring up a family any more... I will take my big house in the country with trees all around me, taxes about 1/3rd what RI would want, nicer people, better schools, cleaner air, ect, ect, ect.... I still have to commute there about 35 minutes each way but its a worth while trade that is for sure...

If you want to get closer to alex, I have a second floor unit available, 1180sq ft. , about 2 miles from the landfill, all wood and tile floors, granite counters, whirlpool tub, 2 bedrooms 1 1/2 bath, security system with keyless entry, high efficiency HVAC and appliances, well insulated, 1 car garaged and 1 car lot parking, 10x10 basement storage unit, $1485 a month no utilities included {water and sewer included only}, but the utilities are cheap, all HE stuff so with the alarm monitoring you will spend about $140 per month... BUT no pets, although I would make an exception since I can tell you take care of nikki and keep your house nice, but its an extra $50 per month for the dog, and you can't change the faucet, its a brand new Kingston Brass unit I put in about 3 months ago when we redid the kitchen... Let me know by monday we are showing it to a lady who is coming here from Japan for 22 months for business, I have rented to this company before, the renters are hardly ever home and they pre pay 12 months at a time... They are renting an entire house a mile from this one, they had me convert it to dorm style and they keep everything so nice and clean... They do something trash recovery related, some kind of recycling geniuses....

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Until they wouldn't let me drink there anymore ... duh. :D

Probably about a year.
The owner of Knightsville use to get pissed if you swore in the bar.
That f&^*ing ****sucker. :D
lol, Rich Russ owns that place, I have never been in there to drink I fixed a cooler once years ago... I used to go to st marys to drink with the old Italians, I still will go by and say "salve" to all the old {literally} faces when I am in the area... Small small state, in most cases that is a good thing, but not in RI's case...

You didn't live in the high rise did you?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
On a related note I wonder if alex met jordan belfort at his wild parties.
No such luck ...

lol, Rich Russ owns that place, I have never been in there to drink
It's a dump. Richard was the name that I knew him by.

You didn't live in the high rise did you?
1574 Cranston St ... main floor. About a block away from the bakery. You remember The Labrador? Another fine neighborhood dive just a little further down the road.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
No such luck ...

It's a dump. Richard was the name that I knew him by.

1574 Cranston St ... main floor. About a block away from the bakery. You remember The Labrador? Another fine neighborhood dive just a little further down the road.
Yah his name is something like richard russillio or something like that.... Its definitely not a high class place, lol... Tiny too.... There are so many nice places in that area, I always wondered why anyone would go there at all...

I don't remember "the labrador" where was that?

That is funny, 1574 cranston is a 1/4 mile from my house......

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
So, free then? I mean, that's what I got from your earlier post. I don't pay you, but taxpayers do. So, yeah, $50 for Niki...$100...whatever. :)
Not taxpayers, lol I wish :)
Not sure if you know how a real estate business works, but its like most any other, you charge an average of $1321 a month for rent for 31 units adds up to around $485,000 per year, them 31 properties cost me $290K a year, so you can picture the amount of taxes you would pay on a profit of almost $200,000!!! SO you write off all the people that you had to evict and the ones that didn;t pay you rent and anything you can at that point, so instead of paying $60,000 in taxes it gets knocked down to $40K or so... So nope, no "taxpayers" giving me sh!t, I am lucky enough to be in that great over 200K club that gets SMASHED by uncle sam... I pay a larger percent that people that make more than me and people that make less than me, lol... But I don't complain.... much....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I always wondered why anyone would go there at all...
To drink cheap beer with other scumbags.

I don't remember "the labrador" where was that?
About 1/2 a mile south on the same side of the road across the street from the liquor store. It was even scuzzier than the first place. Just my speed.

a profit of almost $200,000!!!
A tidy sum ... so how come your used audio gear has such steep asking prices?
Adam knew I'd get to this eventually. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
$200k (plus whatever else you make)? I don't make anywhere NEAR that much, but I'm good with that. I tend to want to do nothing most of the time, and I learned some sage advice years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I decided that I am, in fact, too lazy to walk or drive to the store to get beer. Then, after making my peace with that...I realized that I finished the milk today. Hmmm.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
To drink cheap beer with other scumbags.

About 1/2 a mile south on the same side of the road across the street from the liquor store. It was even scuzzier than the first place. Just my speed.

A tidy sum ... so how come your used audio gear has such steep asking prices?
Adam knew I'd get to this eventually. :D

What used audio gear? I hardly ever sell anything, if I do I usually trade it or give it to someone {just gave me mother a evo210 set and ev02 center for her ht, and bought her a ryhthmik lv12 because I wanted to test it out}...... If I sell something it is usually on ebay, I do need to clear out a ton of gear this year, one of my resolutions is to clean out the basement, I just pack rat stuff for no reason...
Now if you say I am the worlds cheapest "audiophile" I would agree, I will gladly buy Bstock to save $10 than pay full price, I am very cheap, not when it comes to my motorcycles and guns, but everything else, lol.... I won't buy a tv for more than $1000 NEVER I don't care if it comes with a sofa, not more than $999... I wont spend a lot on computers, I am very "cheap" when it comes to certain things... I have switched cell phone providers for $12 a month.... But with other stuff I am stupid, I bought a juke box for $12K last year, a own 3 Blaser r8's because I like them, lol...

Any profit from my non primary job gets reinvested, thats how you build to 20+ pieces of property with no mortgages, when you have a 200K year, you take that profit and either buy another property or pay off a couple mortgages, its just like the game monopoly, you take 130K and pay off a mortgage that had 12 years left on it at $1400 per month you save a lot of future money spent on interest, you do this 10 years in a row, you end up owning a bunch of property with and just owing the taxes, but here is the beauty part... Its all FREE!!! It cost you NOTHING, you buy the first piece of property for $125K with a 15 year mortgage, rent it for $300 a month more than it costs you, if you have a good year and 80% of that surplus is profit, you roll it into the mortgage, do this with 10 houses and average that 80% {which gets easier with more property} they are all rented, you run a tight ship, keep good tenants happy and never take a dime from the business, just keep rolling it into paying off property, since you don't need the money because you have a regular job that pays your bills.... At the end of 15 years if you are smart and do the work yourself with good tenants and good buying sense, you could have 2+ million dollars of PAID OFF property, so now you are still getting $450K a year in rents, BUT you don't have any mortgages, just taxes which should be around $70 per year for real estate and $120K in income taxes and fees!!! leaving you with around $250K a year to reinvest or buy bubble gum... Or you can sell the property and be done with it, just take your 2+ million and walk away, which wouldnt be very smart since you are profiting 250K per year in 8 years you will have the money the sale would have brought with out paying all them gains taxes, and in a perfect world the property will be appreciating 5% per year {not in the last 7 years in my area, lol}...

Anyway that is a free lesson in business :D, my grand father always said "buy low sell high"....

PS what someone makes a year is not important, that is just a business, that I started by working an additional 20 or 30 hours a week over my normal full time job, some good luck, some good business decisions and it is what it is, I have 2 kids to put through college. I went weeks without seeing my kids when they were younger because I left before they were awake and came home after they were sleeping, I hope it would be worth something... Too many people work there 40 hours and do what I call the "legal minimum" and then look down on others that drive around in a nice car and have a nice house, not thinking we can all do it, its America, I started out with nothing built a business out of a licence I got from working a job for $15 an hour, living in an apartment house that I now own....

Money doesn't make the man... We are all equals, because you can not take it with ya, but not making all you can make working as hard as you can to give your family the most you can should be a sin... Now if you choose not to have a family, then you only have yourself to do rite by... EZ enough... I wasn't that lucky...:)

I don't mean to offend anyone, not my intention, I try not to discuss business on here, but its 75% of my life, its hard sometimes...

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I decided that I am, in fact, too lazy to walk or drive to the store to get beer. Then, after making my peace with that...I realized that I finished the milk today. Hmmm.
Have it delivered, you guys don't have peapod in Arizona? My brother calls the chinese restaurant and gets them to pick up milk, bread, ect when they are delivering a couple combo plates, lol... I wouldn't have the balls to ask...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis