Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't mean to offend anyone, not my intention, I try not to discuss business on here, but its 75% of my life, its hard sometimes...
You sure don't offend me, man. Talk away.

As for giving your family the most that you can, are you talking about physical possessions? If so, I'd disagree with you on that. There's a huge value in spending time with family, especially when your kids are younger. Btw, that's not meant as a cut against you at all! Not at all.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You sure don't offend me, man. Talk away.

As for giving your family the most that you can, are you talking about physical possessions? If so, I'd disagree with you on that. There's a huge value in spending time with family, especially when your kids are younger. Btw, that's not meant as a cut against you at all! Not at all.
I agree, but the problem with being young is I didn't know that in my 20's, and didn't get to spend much time with the kids, now I am making up for that, and its not physical possessions, its being able to give them a comfortable life so they don't have to abuse themselves and work like an animal like their dad... They can go to "great" schools, and not worry about something so trivial as money... They have their own bedrooms and dont have to hand down clothes and sneakers, sure its not all about money, but money makes things easier, the problem is its not easy to get...
Luckily a lot of this happened when my kids were babies, and now IMO when they do need me I am around much more, I had them young and they are teenagers now and I am here, I have slowed down a lot... But like I said, you live and learn, I feel bad I missed the first steps but they don't remember them anyway, their mother does, but they don't... We do what we can do, money has very little to do with who we are, I don't spend money like a pirate, if I buy something I make sure its a "deal", I buy a $1000 pair of speakers most likely they should have been $2000... I would love to buy a set of phil 3's but won't, its only a couple thousand bucks, but I can not bring myself to do it....

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
ALEX, them are all good prices, all that stuff sold so someone liked it, I sold 3 sets of them bookshelf stands and still have 2 sets :D I told you I buy stuff when it is a "deal"... Most of that sold on ebay for more than I was asking on here.... I have sold a few things to guys on here, a set of stands, a d1 dac, and something else I cant remember, I have also bought a few things cd player, pair of bookshelfs, thats all, 2 things....

I love them WD subs, so I bought them all, they had an MSRP of $2100, they sound awesome but I have too many, I sold them and I still have 2 in maple and 2 in black, plus 2 in Rosewood, they are some of the best built subs I ever seen, and they match my speakers perfectly....... I have a sickness.. I bought 3 5 channel ascend setups, so I sold most of that stuff, except a pair of 170's and my 5 ch. in my ht, plus I have 2 sets of sierra 1's... The emo stuff all sold for more on ebay, and I still have a brand new usp1 in the box, a pre1 in the box, a upa200 in the box, and 2 mini X's {bought them on ebay for $250 for the pair, how could i pass that up, I paid that for one}....

I was on here reading some posts and I almost bought another set os csb1's for no reason, I have so many bookshelfs I don't use and I was really thinking "I should get another set of them".. I need help, that is some of my new years resolution, no more buying stuff I don't need, last week I bought a $9,000 snap on scanner to scan the ecm's on cars and all of my cars and service vehicles are under warranty, not one is older than 2012 {except my wifes prius that she drives to work, it is an 08 or something like that and has under 25K miles on it or even lower I forget, she hardly drives it, and when that breaks I wouldn't know how to fix it anyway}....

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
But I like to browse. :D

-------------

Okay, ten minutes later and I'm signed up for the local grocery stores delivery service. We'll see if I use it...

My wife loves the delivery, its not expensive, and they give you all the freshest stuff because they don't go into the store for it, they get it from the back and they don't want you to compain and they want a good tip, and the girl that delivers to us, helps my wife put it away!!! thats handy when she is trying to do her nails, jk, she never does her nails anymore...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I might roll the dice on this grocery delivery. They have beers listed that I've never seen on the shelf, and...if I act within 24 hours (which, according to them, is by Saturday), I get free delivery, free water, and free paper towels. And we all know that I love getting free stuff. :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I might roll the dice on this grocery delivery. They have beers listed that I've never seen on the shelf, and...if I act within 24 hours (which, according to them, is by Saturday), I get free delivery, free water, and free paper towels. And we all know that I love getting free stuff. :D
Sometimes peapod sends us gift cards on our birthdays, they are only $5 or $10 but still, they are free and my kids eat like they never seen food {3 meals and 2 snacks of that a day}... Plus you don't have to go to the store, so you save gas {we are too far to walk, in cranston we could walk if you had the balls to cross atwood ave} now my mailbox is a mile away, I take the JD Gator to get the mail...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Btw, how much are you supposed to tip a grocery delivery? Is it like pizza delivery? I'm pretty much just ordering beer and milk...and live half mile away.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Just like pizza, 20% but if you are really close you can give 10% with a $5 minimum? I don't know, its different all over, in Tennessee they tip waitresses a lot lower then up here, and in NYC we tip like 30% which is crazy because the service sucks and the food is 50% overpriced... Tips are weird, I always let me wife figure it out, a friend of ours bought the waitress at a locla restaurant a car as a tip, but then his wife divorced him because he was giving her more than the tip, if you know what I mean....

It is a holiday, and what time is it there, most people looking for grocery deliveries aren't in a huge rush, you kind of need to order in the morning and they come within an hour around here...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Dude, we always know what you mean. :p
Just checking.... Now I know why there is almost 1100 posts in this thread, it gets addicting I have to keep checking it, you guys should just come over, way easier...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Irv, I'm just messin' with ya and trying to keep Adam entertained.

If I had the space for Phil3's I think I'd be hunting them down. Music is one of the few things that I use to alter my state of mind. It makes everything else go away and that's worth the world to me. I suppose it helps that the people I've met along the way have been first rate.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I want a set of phil 3's but I have no rooms left, and cant think of any speakers to get rid of, maybe the jade 5's, I like them but they are a little too shiny in the tweeter area, I could list them on here for way too much money I guess,

informal listing- jade 5 towers, very minimal use, black oak $2100? too high?

Their the only ones I would part with, I love my evo2-40s, tektons arent going anywhere, even though guys on here don't like them, they sound good in my bedroom, office isn't setup for towers, I like having the bookshelfs setup in the pool room since I can easily switch them out with any of my "stock"... My brother says I should sell all of my speakers and amps and buy one super high end setup, but I like my stuff, I could go and get a set of $20K sonus speakers and a $10K Mc integrated amp but whaat fun is that... I have heard them, my 2.2 bookshelf system rocks just as hard, clean, and clear, for $2500 vs $35000...

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
informal listing- jade 5 towers, very minimal use, black oak $2100? too high?
Seems very reasonable:

WHARFEDALE JADE 5 TOWER SPEAKERS (PR) at Music Direct

Trick is finding a buyer. I'm all out of room too. Besides if I get another pair of speakers after getting an 83SE and putting gift wrap on a faucet I may not be around to enjoy music ever again. As it is I say my prayers every night ... just in case.

Did you want to get rid of that Parasound 2100? I heard those were no good.
You should sell that. :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
LOL, I like the 2100, I am thinking about getting rid of the usp1 and the pre1 {the pre1 has 20 minutes of use on it}, the usp may have 2 hours... I have so much stuff to list on c-list and ebay, 2010 snapon tool box {cost new was $11K, I took it in trade for someone that borrowed money off of me and never paid me back only stands me $3000, looks like they do 7K on ebay, I have both of my sons old quads to get rid of, 8 Sanitaire commercial floor buffers all brand new never used {I have them from a business I bought and sold a couplle years back, I kept them for some reason}, just tons of stuff that has no use and I am storing for no reason... I need medicine to cure my pack-rat-itus... I need to sell a 2013 jeep unlimited soft top too, for some reason I got two of them, and will never use either since I have no intentions on taking off the hard top... If I sit here long enough I bet I can come up with over 100 items I need to sell...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I actually made progress today. I finally get to really play with the 4-way advanced crossover plugin for the Minidsp.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Pre-paying rent for 12 mth in advance :eek:... I would never accept anything like that

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis