Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
I'm up for a new phone. Thinking of getting the Samsung Note 3, especially because AT&T is running a promotion where if I buy a Note 3 with 2 year contract I get a free Tab 7". Kill two birds with one stone. The move away from the iPhone would be interesting for me though.
Just upgraded my 3GS to a 5S last week. I like it. The biometrics is really handy.

My only peeve with it so far is the narrower size. My hands were clutched together like a squirrel holding a sunflower seed. A rubber case seems to have mitigated it though.

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
I'm definitely thinking of moving away from Apple, at least as far as mobile devices are concerned. I was a little disappointed with the 5S when I played with it and I'm not sure I can justify the price of the iPad mini for what I'd use it for.

The two for one on the Note and the Tab seems perfect since it will get me a small, functional tablet and the more research I do on the Note the more I think I'll like it. It will definitely take some getting used to though, not having my phone and computer on the exact same page. Plus a new app system to get used to and leaving a lot of apps I paid for. Plus having to deal with configuring a completely different e-mail app and trying to figure out how to get my iCloud e-mail forwarded, then not having e-mail I delete on the phone not deleted when I turn on the computer. I better stop before I talk myself out of it :eek:
I was looking at the iPad mini at Best Buy to use with the iRule app then picked up the iPad Air. It was barely larger than the mini but has the full iPad screen and 100.00 difference.

You can guess what I did. :D

If you're looking to break away from Apple, DON'T look at the Air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I'm really looking forward to that radar scanner - it now has 11 one-star reviews. I can only imagine just how worthless this thing is going to be.

Time to make a video review in which, while scanning across a wall, the display shows the face of scary-a** ghost or something. I just need to learn some Deuce-level image skills. :)

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Well, I'm really looking forward to that radar scanner - it now has 11 one-star reviews. I can only imagine just how worthless this thing is going to be.

Time to make a video review in which, while scanning across a wall, the display shows the face of scary-a** ghost or something. I just need to learn some Deuce-level image skills. :)
Interesting ..... I've got some video ideas but can it be on safely on people? :)

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I'm not sure that's the kind of wood that it's designed to find...
Not like that tho .... Nahhh, I was wondering how a hand held behind some drywall would look, would it show the bones?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I know the source...I have an idea. :eek:
Did you get a PM with the joke, yet? I'm still consuming large quantities of alcohol to forget it. On the flip side, it's great to have an excuse to drink again. Without an excuse, I just feel like I have a problem. :D

Speaking of which, I went to Target about an hour ago to pick up some rawhide for Niki. I'm really happy that they had them back in stock, because after liking the ones from Amazon the first day, she hasn't really wanted any. While there, I perused their beer section and saw a combo box with Guinness Draught, Harp, and Smithwick's. I'm not a huge fan, but I hadn't had them in a while, so I figured that $15 for a 12-pack wasn't obscene. Then I saw that it was an 18-pack. Giddyup. :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
While there, I perused their beer section and saw a combo box with Guinness Draught, Harp, and Smithwick's. I'm not a huge fan, but I hadn't had them in a while, so I figured that $15 for a 12-pack wasn't obscene. Then I saw that it was an 18-pack. Giddyup. :)
A Guinness Draught, Harp, Smithwick's 18 pack.
Not as much as you can drink, but probably more than you can stand.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Guinness Draught only has 126 calories in 12 ounces. I didn't know that. It's almost a light beer. :)

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Guinness Draught only has 126 calories in 12 ounces. I didn't know that. It's almost a light beer. :)
If you want light beer pour half of the bottle into a glass, then the remaining only has half the calories. To celebrate the calorie savings enjoy your second beer in the glass!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I think my Photobucket storage just went up, but I don't know why. I was definitely at a higher percentage of having it filled last week and all my pictures are still there. Weird, but good times.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis