What Speakers Are You Using?

Which do you own

• Total voters
B

Brianphoto

Audioholic Intern
I have $8500.00 invested in Paradigm studio speakers and the recent experience with Paradigm customer service I have had has left me wanting to change brands, any suggestions? My previous post regarding this is shown under"speakers and subwoofers"

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
WooHoo said:
I've had my Energy's for a little over 2 months now. They are everything I hoped that they would be. Problem is not finding speakers in a given price range, but making the choice given the dozens of options! Let you ear guide you and don't buy because it is the "cool" thing to have. Listen to other's advice but make your choice based on your own listening. Good luck.
I noticed on the Good Guys site,they have some Energys at half price.

Tempest

Tempest

Junior Audioholic
Klipsch

KSF-10.5 Mains
SC-3 - Center Channel
KSB-2.1 Rear Surrounds
KSC-C1 Back Surround
Velodyne DPS-10 Subwoofer

It's a bit pieced together, but they match very well and my Pioneer VSX-53XT can crush my brains if I let it :eek:

B

Bevan

Audioholic
nice idea this poll.

but i think it may perhaps have given some more telling results if the likes of quad, magnepan, nht, spendor, dynaudio, sonus faber, audio note etc. had been included.

on a side note, i remember reading that of all stereophile readers polled, more of them owned magnepan than any other brand. whats more, apparently they scored the highest "would buy again" vote at 98% if i remember the figure correctly.

btw, my system:

denon 2200--qed qnect3--nad 352--qed silver aniversary--dynaudio 52

G

geo75

Audioholic Intern
Bose A Drag

I currently have Bose AM15 and 301 in Living Room with a Kenwood Receiver and Pioneer Plasma. Hopefully I will be breaking all ties and cutting my losses with Bose to upgrade to a more complete Speaker System this Summer. What do you recommend with a budget hopefully up yo around $3,000.

B

BGLeduc

Junior Audioholic
B&W in the HT room (604, 601. CC6, all series one).

NHT SB3 in the 2CH room.

doughn

doughn

Audiophyte
I use nht (NOW HEAR THIS)
MOdel 1.5 - fronts
super one - side surrounds
super zero - back surrounds
subs- velodyne spl 1200 sealed enclosure

and

boston acoustics dt6000 in my daughters room
:D

amadeo

amadeo

Enthusiast
soon 18 grand on jbl tik series
four JBL ti6k (already have a pair)
two jbl tik 600 watt subs
one jbl center
so yeah ill say iam yousing JBL of course
i am the king of TIK

amadeo

amadeo

Enthusiast
Privateer said:
23 people are running bose! That is just sad.

sad is such an understatement ...id say disgusting , sick ,yuck , gross ,wtf ,ummmmm who ever owns a pair of bose speakers and is on audioholics should commit suicide noo buts ...just do it and never call your self an audiophile for the love of GOD

R

Rich0301

Enthusiast
We have a new system. Paradigm reference studio 100's, CC-470 center, ADP-470 rears , and a PW2200 sub. All powered by a Denon AV-3805. We are amazed by the performance. I am thrilled to say that this SYSTEM!! replaced a **** Lifestyle 50 . It took me 5 years to convince the wife that we wasted 3K . She was convinced that **** was great. Granted we spent more than double the cost of the ****, but the performance can only be measured exponentially. I LOVE IT!!!! We mostly use it for HT, but are just now branching into DVDA's. Also just got a new Sony 50" LCD projector. The only thing left to buy is a new high end DVD player. With the new advances in DVD players I think that I will wait until next year for that. Paradigm is awsome , I highly reccomend them if you can afford them.

P

philh

Full Audioholic
Criterion 2005 Towers (rebuilt with new woofers about 5 years ago, caps last year)
Infinity Alpha center
Home built sub (design by Madisound)
Infinity rears

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Living Room:

I have pair of Wharfedale Opus 2, in piano gloss black.

I have the Wharfedale Opus Center Channel, sam finish as above.

A pair of Wharfedale Evolution 20 for rears, same finish as above.

Home Office:

Odyssey Lorelei in Dark Cherry. (which are on order from Odyssey Audio)

Dining Room (facing out into the Dining Room and into the Kitchen):

Quad 22L in Yew finish ( which I am currently selling and replacing with Quad 22L in Rosewood finish)

Bedroom:

Odyssey Nightingales in Lite Cherry finish.

I also have a pair of Quad 12L (Yew finish) which I'm currently selling.

Last edited:
S

salduchi

Audiophyte
ALL Totems

Model 1 Signature in front, Model one Center channel, Lightining Subwoofer and Lynks for surround
-
Chose these recently after 100 hours of research over speakers like B & W, Definitive Tech, Sonus Faber to name a few
-
Only regret, should have got them all in the cherry finish

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Ancient Magnepan MC IC's. The high end is gone so they sound junky :(

B

blackdeuce

Audiophyte
Other.

VonSchweikert VR-4 mains
VonSchweikert LCR-20 center channel
B&W DM302 surrounds
NHT SubTwoi subwoofer

G

Gatorchong

Audioholic
Other

Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand's. I went in the store to buy some paradigm signature series, walked out with these instead. Great speakers.

L

LEVESQUE

Junior Audioholic
Paradigm Signature S8 (2X)
Paradigm Signature C5
Paradigm Signature S2 (4X)
Paradigm Signature Servo

Using those with the Anthem Statement D1, P2 and P5.

Give the Signatures a treated room with a more then average dynamic range, and paired with the good equipment, they simply shine. I'm more then happy with my set-up.

E

ebenai

Audiophyte
I had B&W 601 monitors. Great speakers. Recently upgraded to Focal JM Labs Cobalt 826S. I audioned Dynaudio (audience?), Spendor 5a, B&W 700 full range series which are also in a similar price bracket and opted for Focal JM labs. The decision was not easy, they are all pretty similar to my beguiners ear.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis