Snell K's Surrounds

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
Fronts: Monitor Audio MA 700 gold mkII
Center: Monitor Audio Silver LCR
Surrounds: Realistic crap given to me by a friend
Sub: Klipsch SW10

I love my monitor Audios. The golds are awesome. Saw some pairs on sale on Audiogon for $350 awhile back, and wanted desperately to buy them for center and center back. Alas they aren't shielded, and are rear ported. So I am upgrading/downgrading? to the silver series. Just bought the silver center. Next will come surrounds either the MA SFX, FXi, or possibly Axiom QS8s. Finally fronts will be Silver S8's. Last will come the sub. SVS, HSU? I have a while to decide on the sub

V

victoriacoffee

Audioholic Intern
Axioms and happy

When I went to upgrade our ht, I read more than I auditioned. In fact, I read 99% more. Decided to give Axioms a try and have been quite pleased with the range, bass, and looks. I'm sure I could have gone with something else but I've learned that in life, there is always something else. I just made a decision and moved on. Just recently purchased the DaVinci outdoor speakers to add to our system. Should have them up and running by next week.

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
I've had my Energy's for a little over 2 months now. They are everything I hoped that they would be. Problem is not finding speakers in a given price range, but making the choice given the dozens of options! Let you ear guide you and don't buy because it is the "cool" thing to have. Listen to other's advice but make your choice based on your own listening. Good luck.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Victoriacoffee,
How do you like your EP500, what did you have before?
How much difference?

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
OTHER

Magnepan MGIIIa's & MG-Ic
Carver ALIII's

I eventually want to split the 2 brands and put together 2 systems. One Magnepan system consisting of the maggies that I have and purchasing a pair of Magnepan 3.6r's for the fronts. And for the second system using all carver gear. Using my ALIII's as the rears, purchasing a pair of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers MK IV and using those as the fronts. I would get a single Carver 48" ribbon and use it as my center. These upgrades will come in time when I have the time, space, and money to do so.
Happy Listening
Greg

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
HT rig:

Main: Boston VR965
Center: Boston VR910
Surrounds: (3) Boston Bravos

Second system: (Bedroom)

Mains: Mirage Omni 60

Ceiling Speakers in Kitchen and Pool Room:

SpeakerCraft

I am planning on upgrading my main system in the next year or so to Legacy Classics for mains and Studio-i for the rears. Not sure on the center or sub yet. I have listened to the Classics extensively and I cannot find anything that even comes close for the same money. They are not as accurate as some speakers in their class but I am not a person who has to have the ultimate in accuracy. I want big full "fun" sound. Not Cervin Vega fun, but not Linn accuracy either. Not really sure how else to explain this. I love my Bostons but the Legacy Classics are trul amazing.

Shinerman

C

cochese

Enthusiast
Infinity, looks like i'm all alone

Infinity's. Infinity Beta40's in front, beta ES250 bipole/dipole rears, Beta C250 center , and CSW-10 sub. Why all infinities you ask? I have a great hookup on them through my employer, so I decided to check them out. Heard them, and had to have them. Great sound all the way around, especially for movies.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
HT system

Mains: Celestion AVF302 (sound bad but the wife likes the looks)
Center: BIC DV62clrs (the only thing that makes the system sound anywhere near decent)
Rear:SONY SS-MB150H (not bad, cheap)
SUB: Homemade monster dual 12" drivers with a box tuned down to 17hz.

2ch: McIntosh XR16. two of the best speakers I've ever heard!

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
In the living room system, mostly used for TV and DVD in stereo, I have Boston Acoustics T1000's, tower speakers from the 80s ($1000 a pair). I like them very much.

In the bedroom audio system I have a pair of Polk RTi4's, which are great little speakers. I do have to turn down the treble a little to get them to sound natural.

Peace.

mcwilson

mcwilson

Audioholic
Other - JAMO

JAMO D870 fronts
JAMO D8CEN
JAMO D8SUR x 4
JAMO D8SUB

Looks like "other" is running away with it. Who knew they were so popular????

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Jot me down as another fan of the "Other". Taking the world by storm, they are! I got a great deal on my Athena Audition speakers: 2 x AS-F2 floorstanders, 2 x AS-C1 centres, and 2 x AS-B2 bookshelves.

And I LOVE 'em!

cheers,
supervij

N

NetGeek

Junior Audioholic
Other - Athena

I have every one of their Audition Series speakers except the F-1 & PS-300 sub; really am enjoying these speakers and what a deal! Been buying them online and at Best Buy - marked down as the new line is comming in May.

In my HT I am using the F-2 for mains and am using different ones in the rears, have tried the R-1 for the surrounds and B1 / B2 for back surrounds. I have a very difficult room, three other rooms open into it so I am playing around drilling holes in the wall. Just ordered the Energy C-ST stand for the B2's and will move them to the surrounds and will try a single AS-R1 for the rear in a 6.1 instead of 7.1 this time; the R-1's have a very wide soundfeild and should fill the back of my room nicely.

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
I've got Klipsch Reference 35's all around. All the speakers seem to lack in the midrange a tad, but they can achieve amazing SPLs with little power. Ive got them matted to an H/K 330 reciever and thay play a ton louder than my ears can handle (and im a college student, so its pretty impressive.) I feel they are great speakers overall.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Speakers

My system is in-ceiling because of room layout.
Speakers are Speakercraft AIM8 Five's
Definitive Technology Supercube Reference Sub :cool:

www.speakercraft.com

Last edited:
J

jzac

Audioholic
stellar...

Damn, I love these babies...

Axiom M80ti's
Axiom VP150
Axiom QS8s
Axiom EP-600 - earth shattering! :D :cool:

Yep I'm sure there are better speakers out there I would like to get my hands on, but for the total price, performance, build-quality, WAF, and customer service equation ... man, U CAN'T TOUCH THIS! This is where I start rompin' to MC Hammer's tune....

"My my my music hits me so hard
Makes me say "Oh my Lord"
Thank you for blessing me
With a mind to rhyme and two hype feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A super dope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh you can't touch

I told you homeboy (You can't touch this)
Yeah that's how we living and you know (You can't touch this)
Look at my eyes, man (You can't touch this)
Yo, let me bust the funky lyrics (You can't touch this)......."

'U Can't touch this...'!! :D :D :D ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A

azsoundman

Enthusiast
Speakers.. Because the Music Matters..

;) I do a lot more music listening an only watch maybe 3 or 4 DVD's total
a month.. So Stereo with a powered subwoofer works great for me..
Mains.. Energy Veritas V2.3i's and a Radia series 210i subwoofer.. also in
another room a pair of Mirage OM-10's. The Energy's are wonderful with
my Jolida modified JD-801A tube amplifier.. smooth and sweet top end with
better bass than I had before with my Musical Fidelity A-302R with twice
the power!

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Wow looks like a surge of Axiom owners, plenty of "other" as suspected to many brands to count, and paradigm showing some life.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis