What Speakers Are You Using?

Which do you own

• Total voters
howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
What speakers are you using? Are you happy with them? Thinking about upgrading, to what? Just thinking about upgrading myself and trying to see if there is a favorite with customer satisfaction. Thanks

P

Placebo005

Junior Audioholic
Well friday i bought my first system. I was expecting to buy Energies or something like that but friday that all changed when i went to this store
anyways long story short

i bought iKon CM6500 for fronts and CM515 for the center and a CM500 for the rear bookshelves.

i havnt put the system in place but i will tomorrow
i cant wait!!!!

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
What? No "Other" option?

Many brands of superior speakers out there. I use MB Quart. Love 'em.

R

Red

Audioholic
I agree with Zumbo since I have Energy's and a Velodyne sub

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
using axiom, only the bookshelves as of now, but i love them, and the customer service is awesome.

eventually going to buy everything else axiom, except maybe the fronts.. still unsure. might switch it over to monitor audio.. only because the m80's have good and bad reviews

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
No "other" option??

I'm currently using some old school pioneers (pictured in my system, in "Member Systems")

F

flyv65

Full Audioholic
"Other"

I'm using Spendor S5e floor standers front and rear, with a C3 center channel (the C3 is the model they had before the C5e came out this past year). Very neutral, small footprint (smaller than monitors on a stand, actually), and the bass that comes out of them is remarkable.

Bryan...but the B&W 700 series almost got me...

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I have a 7.1 Polk RTi/CSi/Fxi setup. They have outstanding highs, and punchy bass. They lack in the lowest bass notes under 30Hz, but a powered sub makes up for that. Polks are excellent sounding speakers, but are a little pricey, and known for their terrible spl levels (power hungry). I don't think one needs to have to buy a $700+ receiver to push their speakers. With Polks, IMO you do. There are more efficient speakers out there for less money than Polk. If you have the power, you can drive the Polks. If not, go with something with spl's in the mid 90's range after lots of listening/demos.

SilverMK3

SilverMK3

Audioholic
I'm using Athenas right now, though I think I might upgrade to some Energy towers and move the Athenas to the computer room when cash allows.

K

Krazykaj

Junior Audioholic
"OTHER"

Linn Ninkas (Mains)
Linn Katans (Surrounds)
Monitor Audio (Center Channel, soon to be upgraded to Linn Trikan)
With some spare speakers from Paradigm and Boston Acoustics for Presence channels and Surround Back channels :)

Cheers
KJ

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I added a few extra options (ie, RBH, Energy, Bose, Boston Acoustics), and Other to make it more well rounded.

C

cornelius

Full Audioholic
Other!:

I have a pair of Ohm MicroWalsh Talls. They only cost a grand and when I got back home from the Home Entertainment Expo yesterday, listened to them again and confirmed that they easily hung with most of the floorstanders (under 3-4k). The biggest difference being low level detail in the higher frequencies - the Ohms just don't have that delicate "air," but that's not bad for a little $1k floorstander (I'm nitpicking and I'm also not running 10k D/A converters and 15k amplification...).

My definition of "giant -killers!"

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Thanks Gene, I had only 10 to choose from, but really Bose?? :rolleyes: I am trying to get a feel to see if there is any particular brand or they are all pretty equal after you get to a specific quality level... Thanks for the responses keep em comin :D
Curt
my current system
onkyo txnr900 w/3m282 amps
rt55i fronts
cs1000p center
4x fx1000i surrounds
2x velodyne cht15" subs

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks Gene, I had only 10 to choose from, but really Bose??
LOL, we still have to represent mass appeal ;)

Dumar

Audioholic
I bought Paradigm Monitor 7's a few years ago and like them so much, I recently rounded out the system to include CC370 centre, Mini Monitor rears, and PS1000 sub.

All of the following symbols mean I'm very happy: :) :) :) :) :p :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Well ya covered off both Bose and Paradigm

gene said:
I added a few extra options (ie, RBH, Energy, Bose, Boston Acoustics), and Other to make it more well rounded.
on the mass marketing campaign just on opposite ends of the spectrum. How about putting PSB in the list? There are Canadian alternatives other than Axiom and Paradigm out there and I'm quite thankful for that.

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
My Mixed-Up Speakers

Main System:

(2) "Old School" JBL L1s on stands for mains
(2) Mirage FRx Ones for rears
(1) Sony SWRM40 Sub with Tweaks

Secondary System (Basement)

(2) Athena B1s on stands
(2) Mirage Omnisat Micros ceiling mounted
(1) Athena AS-C1 Center