What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

T

Tankman

Audioholic
:D...guess I just don't fit in with the " "Circle Jerks".;)
@afterlife2, Don't I understand the rating? After all this thread is about what you have brought new if you care to share. I see other's on this thread are posting about ways to make money by spending money amongst other things voted in this thread that go off topic. But it seems to be true with this " Forum" like so many other forums out on the internet. My post about the brand new shiny beers of Miller Lite, May not be as anesthetic looking as some of those "Homey" made brews, or some of them nasty tasting overseas brews that taste like Blue piss or like one other long-time member in here posted and I quote,: That's not beer that's piss or more to the point "Used Piss" and not my words go look up "loveinthehd" Post on a Thread I posted in. So again Yep wasn't trying to be a smartass on your Thread but if you feel my post is inappropriate pertaining to this thread than by all means have a "Mod" take a look at it. But also with all my other post and Threads also, to be fair make sure he the Mod takes a look at some of the other post and Threads on here I have seen out right gear bashing to the point of slander on one's choice of gear or of the maker of the gear. I didn't join audioholic's to get in to a circle jerk, But I do draw a line when it comes to knowledge of gear and how or who chooses to enjoy this Hobby of HiFi, Audioholics website is probably the best at debunking myths about audio or video and snake oil salesman but mostly audio.

Mike

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I will look into some reviews before buying any SACD's. But, I am much more interested in the 2 Channel SACD reviews. Will NEVER use them in multi-channel. If reviews are good for 2 Channel, then I may try it out. If they really do sound that much better, then I will start a new collection. Bet the SACD's are also more expensive than regular cd's, no? Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Phil
Phil...how much did you get done this past weekend?

Me...some, but not finished. I played golf Sat (my other vice)...I knew it would be too hot for the attic when I got back and my daughter planned this Fathers Day outing yesterday. I did some work early on Sunday. Got the attic wires run for the back positioned sub and the side surrounds. That was it for the attic work. The two front Height Atmos speakers are all that remain up there.

For the speakers I bought a 100' reel of 12 G speaker wire so I had to terminate my own ends with banana plugs...I did all the ends that terminate to the amps...this evening I'll do the ends that terminate at the speaker for the side surrounds...the atmos (in ceiling) will be bare wire connected.

I ordered a few SACD discs over the weekend...I was kind of like you thinking 2 channel was all I would be interested in. In my old system I had a few DVD concerts, Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Bob Marley...5.1 output...better than I thought they would be.

I got a couple jazz, Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" I have on CD...the reviews on the stereo SACD version were kind of mixed, but everyone seemed to rave about the multi-channel version so I bought that one...I did get a couple Lovinthehd mentioned, Up in Arms - Dire Straights.

I wasn't on Amazon though...It's a start...if I like them I will build from these and check them next time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@2channel lover thanks but I didn't suggest the Brothers in Arms disc, but since it's just $12 on Amazon I just ordered it :) Looking forward to the multi-ch mix. I have the LP and CD, which are already good recordings....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Haven't actually transacted it yet, but I will be picking it up super cheap because the head gasket went. Full rebuild and then I can daily it and possibly turn a profit on it. Needs some TLC.

2channel lover

@2channel lover thanks but I didn't suggest the Brothers in Arms disc, but since it's just $12 on Amazon I just ordered it :) Looking forward to the multi-ch mix. I have the LP and CD, which are already good recordings....
Sorry, that's twice! Why do I keep mixing you up with other posters! Good you mentioned it though because I paid more than $12 yesterday...I just went on Amazon and got it for $12...now to find my order from last night and take that off.

Dark Side Of the Moon was the other one he (@j_garcia I think) mentioned, but those were used...probably still fine...I'd buy a used one from you and I don't know you technically, but I'm funny that way I guess.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry, that's twice! Why do I keep mixing you up with other posters! Good you mentioned it though because I paid more than $12 yesterday...I just went on Amazon and got it for $12...now to find my order from last night and take that off.

Dark Side Of the Moon was the other one he (@j_garcia I think) mentioned, but those were used...probably still fine...I'd buy a used one from you and I don't know you technically, but I'm funny that way I guess.
The DSOTM sacd I got was used....but for $12 new works very well :)

2channel lover

The DSOTM sacd I got was used....but for $12 new works very well :)
Multi-channel? ...That's great. I think they wanted $24 and change...still not bad compared to a new one.

Was able to catch my other order from acoustic sounds before it shipped...they were shocked at the $12 price...he thought I was trying to get them to match. I said I literally just ordered it, multi-channel sacd $12. I found another item from them.

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic

Haven't actually transacted it yet, but I will be picking it up super cheap because the head gasket went. Full rebuild and then I can daily it and possibly turn a profit on it. Needs some TLC.

It's not a Unicorn, but looks pretty clean and since decent 2 door subi's are always in demand these days, should be an easy flip if no surprises in the rebuild.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Multi-channel? ...That's great. I think they wanted $24 and change...still not bad compared to a new one.

Was able to catch my other order from acoustic sounds before it shipped...they were shocked at the $12 price...he thought I was trying to get them to match. I said I literally just ordered it, multi-channel sacd $12. I found another item from them.
Yes, multi-ch; paid $24 shipped used....much better than the new prices I was finding.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, multi-ch; paid $24 shipped used....much better than the new prices I was finding.
For a long time DSOTM was selling for around $20 new (think I paid like $18), but as inventory declines the price goes up. There are a lot of popular SACDs that are out of print and those prices can get pretty high. I had mentioned the DVD-A of Porcupine Tree's In Absentia? Those are going for nearly $100 now because it is OOP.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil...how much did you get done this past weekend?

Me...some, but not finished. I played golf Sat (my other vice)...I knew it would be too hot for the attic when I got back and my daughter planned this Fathers Day outing yesterday. I did some work early on Sunday. Got the attic wires run for the back positioned sub and the side surrounds. That was it for the attic work. The two front Height Atmos speakers are all that remain up there.

For the speakers I bought a 100' reel of 12 G speaker wire so I had to terminate my own ends with banana plugs...I did all the ends that terminate to the amps...this evening I'll do the ends that terminate at the speaker for the side surrounds...the atmos (in ceiling) will be bare wire connected.

I ordered a few SACD discs over the weekend...I was kind of like you thinking 2 channel was all I would be interested in. In my old system I had a few DVD concerts, Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Bob Marley...5.1 output...better than I thought they would be.

I got a couple jazz, Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" I have on CD...the reviews on the stereo SACD version were kind of mixed, but everyone seemed to rave about the multi-channel version so I bought that one...I did get a couple Lovinthehd mentioned, Up in Arms - Dire Straights.

I wasn't on Amazon though...It's a start...if I like them I will build from these and check them next time.
Actually, I have not gotten much done at all. Have not felt well all weekend long. Have a sinus infection that just will not go away. Been really rough today. Might have to go get seen in the morning if it is not any better. I would have thought by now it would be over and done with. But, I am wrong. Sounds like you are rolling along very well and had a great Father's Day weekend. Thanks for the info. Will be back in touch when I feel better.

Cheers,

Phil

2channel lover

Actually, I have not gotten much done at all. Have not felt well all weekend long. Have a sinus infection that just will not go away. Been really rough today. Might have to go get seen in the morning if it is not any better. I would have thought by now it would be over and done with. But, I am wrong. Sounds like you are rolling along very well and had a great Father's Day weekend. Thanks for the info. Will be back in touch when I feel better.

Cheers,

Phil
Sorry to hear that...feel better! Take good care.

2channel lover

I found a copy (DSOTM) last night...$30.

I think that makes 10 SACDs total...at least 2 stereo that I have the redbook to compare, the rest are multi-channel...that gives me enough to chew on for a few months.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I suppose SACD would be my next curiosity. There's something I haven't even explored.

2channel lover

I suppose SACD would be my next curiosity. There's something I haven't even explored.
We're in chest deep now...time to thread water! LOL

Since I was doing a total redo, I thought I would at least dabble in Hi Res. I got the top shelf Oppo 205 unit and I'm not overly excited by Blu-ray or UHD movies...SACD was a natural progression to cure my curiosity as well...I bought a couple titles that I also have in a regular CDs so I post something on the comparison.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Many of the hybrid SACDs will have 2ch, multichannel and CD redbook on them. I have some, like Diana Krall's When I Look In Your Eyes disc, that I prefer the 2ch to the m/c mix because the m/c mix is not well done.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It's not a Unicorn, but looks pretty clean and since decent 2 door subi's are always in demand these days, should be an easy flip if no surprises in the rebuild.
There was a unicorn for sale in this area. Beat up in bad condition and the guy was still asking a LOT for it because he knew what it was. He must have acquired it in that shape knowing what it was and was just flipping for a profit.

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
There was a unicorn for sale in this area. Beat up in bad condition and the guy was still asking a LOT for it because he knew what it was. He must have acquired it in that shape knowing what it was and was just flipping for a profit.
I'll see one once in a great while, but most of the cool older subi's here in New England are daily driver rust buckets or cleaner rally/hill climb cars.
Good luck with your project, I've had 4 subi's myself, 3 new wrx/Sti's, but I still like the early 2 door cars better than the newer heavier 4 door variants we're stuck with now.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'll see one once in a great while, but most of the cool older subi's here in New England are daily driver rust buckets or cleaner rally/hill climb cars.
Good luck with your project, I've had 4 subi's myself, 3 new wrx/Sti's, but I still like the early 2 door cars better than the newer heavier 4 door variants we're stuck with now.
I had a WRX, Forester XT and currently an STI. Always wanted an RS and it will just be a fun side project/daily.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/the-new-dd.104676/

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis