What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Shoulda bought two on that sale, think the next one cost me $75. They have lower priced models that play sacd's, IIRC.
I'm sure they do...if they had done that when SACD was trying to get off the ground the niche would be a little bigger. Apple reportedly is trying to get into HiRes music and some people are wondering why because of the size of the files and their core customer base devices...they know the darn size of the files...they see there is sustainability there on some level.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear that...feel better! Take good care.
Thanks. Feeling a little better. But, now my stomach is giving me fits. Perhaps, a bit more rest will go a long ways. Hope to be back at it very soon. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
My Yamaha lacked it so I added this:

IMG_1272.JPG

about 2x2" square, so far it sounds great, playing iTunes from my iPhone on my RX-A1020

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Picked up a denon DVD 2900 for $30, not a scratch or even scuff on it. Should have time to play around with it tomorrow.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I Love my Amazon Alexa
- I have the Echo
- I have the Touch
- Now I have added the Show, well not yet, it just arrived today!

UPDATE: After an initial horrible start, the Show had a software update and this things is just plain awesome. I did not realize how nice it would be having a screen, for checking amazon orders, movies, etc. I still would stick with the standard echo in the bedroom, but this would also make a great alarm clock. It is perfect in the Kitchen

Review will be posted in the next few days :) This Device will be going into my kitchen, I may even use it to help me cook.

I am turning into an Amazon commercial as I have 3 of the 4 devices they make. I use it for;
- Audible books
- Alarm Clock
- Movie Showings
- Ordering crappy pizza
- With my Ecobee thermostat
- GE refrigerator

Still not great speakers for music lol

Last edited:
M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Salk SongTowers and SongCenter.
HSU VTF-15h Mk2
Denon X4300h

Will post pics up in a bit.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Shark NV800

Shark-Rotator-Duoclean-Narrow.jpg

Shark-Rotator-Duoclean-Hose-Wand.jpg

Shows some of the versatility.

b4e933a0-15d4-41fc-8f32-5520857ebd1e.jpg.w960.jpg

Wouldn't want to see that coming at me down a dark alley!

I almost feel like I bought new audio equipment. This thing is a little beast. Great build quality, cool looking and very versatile. Since I haven't been working I've been doing probably 90% of all the house cleaning and organizing and decided to replace our 15+ year old Bissel. I'm finding myself wanting to vacuum more now! :p

Acoustically speaking it's s/n ratio is pretty high but it makes up for it with a very wide soundstage, clarity and definition. This is a very revealing vacuum cleaner.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Speaking of vacuums, I just tried out a few robot vacuums:
1. ILIFE (too small, too loud, didn't pick up as much)
2. EcoVac DEEBOT (seems to pick up a lot debris, Quietest one)
3. JISIWEI (recharging problems, annoying voice prompts)
4. Roomba 650 (too loud, most expensive)

I will be returning everything, except the EcoVac DEEBOT and I'm buying another EcoVac DEEBOT.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Also just placed an order for RBH SVT Towers (SV831/SV1212) and RBH SA-500DSP Subwoofer Amp.

Just got FedEx tracking- scheduled to be delivered early next week. :D

Speakers: 436 LBS !! :eek:
Amp: 21 LBS.

Oh, and, of course, I had to buy some new 12AWG Black Speaker wires and some screw-type Banana Plugs from Amazon for the new speakers.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Speaking of vacuums, I just tried out a few robot vacuums:
1. ILIFE
2. EcoVac DEEBOT
3. JISIWEI
4. Roomba 650

I will be returning everything, except the EcoVac DEEBOT and I'm buying another EcoVac DEEBOT.
I thought about getting a robot, but there are a lot of mixed reviews on them. That's a lot of money to spend on something that might work. You like the Deebot though?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought about getting a robot, but there are a lot of mixed reviews on them. That's a lot of money to spend on something that might work. You like the Deebot though?
Yeah, for $160, you also get the free $18 kit promotion.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HRL6UX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It seems to pick up as much debris as the more expensive Roomba. Plus the Deebot is a lot quieter to me. And I like the trash bin on the Deebot a lot better than the Roomba. I hated the trash bin on the Roomba, which I think is inconvenient.

I waited for 8AM. Then I pressed the Start Button Twice to program the Deebot to start the vacuum everyday at 8AM. When it's about to run out of battery (around 10AM), it automatically returns to the docking station.

HUGE time saver. I can be in my HT room watching GOT, instead. ;) :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's less than I paid for my beast cleaner! I'm tempted to order it now while I can still return this one. Does it replace a regular vacuum cleaner or do you need to run it occasionally too?
If you don't have THICK rugs or carpet, then yes, it replaces your regular vacuum cleaner.

So far the Deebot seems to be doing a very good job REPLACING my regular Shark vacuum cleaner.

I have some THICK SHAG area rugs, so I will still need to use my SHARK vacuum cleaner. But other than that, hopefully I won't ever need to use the Shark for the rest of the house. :D

I did order two more DEEBOT N78. :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis