What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

DHicks

Audioholic Intern
I bought a pioneer elite sc-lx501 receiver earlier this year. It's been great but I had buyer's remorse after joining AA and learning the advantages of Audysey and pre-outs. Since then, I've occasionally researched other options. Moments ago, I found a "like new" Marantz SR7010 for $350 on Amazon and jumped on it. I know it's the older model but it seems like the receiver that could suit me for a long, long time.

I'm a bit anxious now, thinking, "am I an idiot for spending another $350?"

Well, am I?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nah 8 is a good number when added up. YEAH.
Look here:
No. 8 in Chinese Culture
Because Eight (Ba in Chinese) has the similar pronunciation with 发 (Fa, meaning wealth or fortune), this number is very welcome among Chinese people. The popularity of 8 was obvious in relation to the Beijing Olympic Games which commenced at exactly eight o’clock eight minutes on the eighth day of the eighth month in 2008. When people choose telephone numbers, mobile numbers, house numbers, car identification numbers and important dates, 8 is usually the first choice.

Yaba daba do.

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I bought a pioneer elite sc-lx501 receiver earlier this year. It's been great but I had buyer's remorse after joining AA and learning the advantages of Audysey and pre-outs. Since then, I've occasionally researched other options. Moments ago, I found a "like new" Marantz SR7010 for $350 on Amazon and jumped on it. I know it's the older model but it seems like the receiver that could suit me for a long, long time.

Well, am I?
Depends. Did the seller have a reasonably positive rating, or was it a "Just launched" seller? If Just launched, I'll be surprised if you receive your order. Amazon is riddled with people selling things at insanely low prices, who say "email me before buying" or simply don't ever ship your order. I ordered a printer from a "Just launched" seller a few weeks ago and contacted the seller several times with no response. I finally had to contact Amazon's CS staff, who sent a cancellation request on my behalf; then had to contact CS again when that likewise received no response within the prescribed 2 business days. Eventually the A-Z guarantee team cancelled my order and I was never charged, but the ordeal was just a headache and almost made me miss out on a rather hefty manufacturer instant rebate deal.

But if you do actually receive your order, then yes, the SR7010 is a fantastic AVR. You should next start shopping for a second subwoofer, since the SR7010 individually corrects dual subs.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well, am I?
If you stay on this forum, then you will keep spending. Afterlife2 knows about it.:)

If you can benefit from your Marantz receiver, then not a bad deal.

AUDIOCRAZE

AUDIOCRAZE

Junior Audioholic
I'm going deep down the rabbit hole spent a year building my Klipsch RP280F,450C,140SA,160M 5.0.2 with Yamaha RXA-1050. I fell in love with Atmos which was my last and final addition to realize that I had to go big!

Sold the 1050 last week

Just went down the eternal rabbit hole and bought the 3060 which arrives tomorrow. Bought the Emotiva A150 today to finish 11 channel amplification. Tomorrow I'm going to order the rear 140SA and the side surround 160M to FINALLY!!!!! Complete the system.

Haha and I live in an apartment! My neighbors are going to love me!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
If you stay on this forum, then you will keep spending. Afterlife2 knows about it.:)

If you can benefit from your Marantz receiver, then not a bad deal.
Thanks goodness i kept a budget for the gear and rent. NOW it's time to smile and say had a good time while it lasted. Ah sigh. Silence. Reflecting.

DHicks

Audioholic Intern
Depends. Did the seller have a reasonably positive rating, or was it a "Just launched" seller? If Just launched, I'll be surprised if you receive your order. Amazon is riddled with people selling things at insanely low prices, who say "email me before buying" or simply don't ever ship your order. I ordered a printer from a "Just launched" seller a few weeks ago and contacted the seller several times with no response. I finally had to contact Amazon's CS staff, who sent a cancellation request on my behalf; then had to contact CS again when that likewise received no response within the prescribed 2 business days. Eventually the A-Z guarantee team cancelled my order and I was never charged, but the ordeal was just a headache and almost made me miss out on a rather hefty manufacturer instant rebate deal.

But if you do actually receive your order, then yes, the SR7010 is a fantastic AVR. You should next start shopping for a second subwoofer, since the SR7010 individually corrects dual subs.
I guess I'm naïve. Didn't think someone would set up shop under the Amazon umbrella for the express purpose of scamming. That's downright malevolent.:mad:

But yes, it was a "just launched". So great, if it comes. If not, you've helped me learn a lesson.

Incidentally, I ordered my second Hsu yesterday. So at least I've got that goin' for me.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I exchange BS expenditures for audio gear or other quality of life purchases. I smoked cigs for 35 years and quit about 4 years ago. I keep a tally of what I would be spending weekly on that habit. Audio gear is a lot cheaper, especially if you can DIY the majority of it. I know people who outspend my habit just eating dinner out often, which I rarely do.

Typically when I go on an acquisition venture, I can usually offset the cost with money I waste elsewhere. It's painless really. Oddly enough, it's typically things that would be not so good for me anyway so, there can be a health benefit to such strategies.

Thankfully, I am a 2 channel music only audiophile. That makes me a pretty cheap date. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mountain bike accessories--needed a gauge that measured below 20psi for my fairly new-to-me 27.5+ tires. My old Zefal gauge wasn't even marked to anything below 20psi let alone have very accurate markings to define pounds let a lone half pounds (need to measure in range of 14-18psi accurately, one or two pounds makes a significant difference on these tires). Also a quick release version of the Maxle for the fork to make it easier to use in vehicles where I need to pull the wheel off....
new ht toys 2.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks goodness i kept a budget for the gear and rent. NOW it's time to smile and say had a good time while it lasted. Ah sigh. Silence. Reflecting.
If what you're referring to involves the story in your sig... I've been curious about it for a while now. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
If what you're referring to involves the story in your sig... I've been curious about it for a while now. :D
The answer you require kinda MAYBE lies in the thread you ask about the china amp. Like Al from Happy Days used to say YEAH YEAH YEAH.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The answer you require kinda MAYBE lies in the thread you ask about the china amp. Like Al from Happy Days used to say YEAH YEAH YEAH.
I did some reading in a couple of threads. I thought Sandy was an ex girlfriend! :eek:

That is a great (sort of, sorry you had to endure a hurricane) story. The generosity here is truly amazing. I'm really happy things worked out for you the way they did.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Snapped a few pics to show just how big the box is to the Sony UBP-X800 4K BR player!

upload_2017-4-15_16-41-22.png

upload_2017-4-15_16-43-8.png

upload_2017-4-15_16-43-53.png

upload_2017-4-15_16-44-42.png

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sony MDR-1000x. Always wanted a pair of active noise canceling headphones that could compete with the QC's. Really happy with them so far.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis