What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

DHicks

Audioholic Intern
Depends. Did the seller have a reasonably positive rating, or was it a "Just launched" seller? If Just launched, I'll be surprised if you receive your order. Amazon is riddled with people selling things at insanely low prices, who say "email me before buying" or simply don't ever ship your order. I ordered a printer from a "Just launched" seller a few weeks ago and contacted the seller several times with no response. I finally had to contact Amazon's CS staff, who sent a cancellation request on my behalf; then had to contact CS again when that likewise received no response within the prescribed 2 business days. Eventually the A-Z guarantee team cancelled my order and I was never charged, but the ordeal was just a headache and almost made me miss out on a rather hefty manufacturer instant rebate deal.
Based on what you said, I immediately contacted Amazon to cancel. The seller did respond to an email... Clearly a non-English speaker. He insisted that he had the 7010 in stock and wanted me to send him my shipping info. Of course, if that were true, nothing should stop him from shipping it. Just flaky. Thanks for the warning.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I exchange BS expenditures for audio gear or other quality of life purchases. I smoked cigs for 35 years and quit about 4 years ago. I keep a tally of what I would be spending weekly on that habit. Audio gear is a lot cheaper, especially if you can DIY the majority of it. I know people who outspend my habit just eating dinner out often, which I rarely do.

Typically when I go on an acquisition venture, I can usually offset the cost with money I waste elsewhere. It's painless really. Oddly enough, it's typically things that would be not so good for me anyway so, there can be a health benefit to such strategies.

Thankfully, I am a 2 channel music only audiophile. That makes me a pretty cheap date. :)
Yup, this is pretty much my strategy too.

I agree with the not eating out often argument. It is extremely costly, and is not nearly as healthy as eating at home. On my previous job many years ago, I traveled at least 4 days per week, so I was constantly eating out, though it was on the company's tab. After 3 years of that, I found that it was more of a treat to have a simple, healthy meal at home instead of eating out constantly and all the baggage that comes with that.

And, yeah, I have other hobbies that compete for my $. So, sometimes the choice comes down to-- get the best item that I can possibly afford for 1 hobby, or get something a step or 2 below the best but be able to afford that level of gear for multiple hobbies.

And, when I find that I have old gear that I haven't touched in a long time, I will typically try to sell it to gain a little extra $ to feed back into my "toy fund".

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Mountain bike accessories--needed a gauge that measured below 20psi for my fairly new-to-me 27.5+ tires. My old Zefal gauge wasn't even marked to anything below 20psi let alone have very accurate markings to define pounds let a lone half pounds (need to measure in range of 14-18psi accurately, one or two pounds makes a significant difference on these tires). Also a quick release version of the Maxle for the fork to make it easier to use in vehicles where I need to pull the wheel off....
View attachment 20580
Giggity!
@ParadigmDawg

I got my 27.5+ bike last week! Somewhat blew the budget, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get my $ out of it.

I just ordered some XT trail pedals, so I've just been taking a few more leisurely rides to start getting it broken in and start getting the feel for it.

I don't have the cash flow for bikes like y'all do, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. My strategy was to spend just enough that I don't feel like I will need to upgrade any time soon.

This is the Cannondale Cujo 2.

The pics and youtube vids do not do justice to this paint job! It is almost a color-changing paint, it seems to look more green or more purple depending on the light angle. It reminds me of those color-changing paints that they were using on the early 2000s Ford Mustang Cobras.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Giggity!
@ParadigmDawg

I got my 27.5+ bike last week! Somewhat blew the budget, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get my $ out of it.

I just ordered some XT trail pedals, so I've just been taking a few more leisurely rides to start getting it broken in and start getting the feel for it.

I don't have the cash flow for bikes like y'all do, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. My strategy was to spend just enough that I don't feel like I will need to upgrade any time soon.

The pics and youtube vids do not do justice to this paint job! It is almost a color-changing paint, it seems to look more green or more purple depending on the light angle. It reminds me of those color-changing paints that they were using on the early 2000s Ford Mustang Cobras.

Not bad at all, enjoy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Giggity!
@ParadigmDawg

Sweet! So what did you notice in terms of changes over your last wheel/tire combo? What psi and how are you measuring?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Sweet! So what did you notice in terms of changes over your last wheel/tire combo? What psi and how are you measuring?
I haven't gotten enough time on it yet, been getting too much rain and I was out of town last weekend. This is also my first air fork, so I need to learn and get those dialed in too. And, this is my first tubeless setup too. Soooo, it's gonna be tough to do a true apples to apples comparison.

Give me a few weeks and I will get back to you on my impressions. My older bike is a 29er, and I love it's wheels.

The guy at the LBS that runs 27.5+ was talking about running normal tire pressures, like 25F/28R. He said that he was running much lower but kept dinging up his rims, so went back to higher pressures. I just let them bleed me down to that pressure from the tubeless install and I've just ridden a couple half hour rides. I plan to bleed it on down a little at a time until I find my sweet spot.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Bought some DCM 16S speakers off Craiglist for $40 and they came with some stands. MTX bought DCM and they used a lot of their technology, they favor the former sound signature and are better than the former CX series.

Pictures of the DCM -- however, the speakers on the stand is the Digital Phase AP-.5 speaker -- The DCM with the 6" woofers still cannot compete with the Digital Phase and their 3" woofers -- the AP-.5 goes deeper and is cleaner, and is all around more refined with better detail and definition.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Really? I thought this was your bike:

Don't be silly. That bike only has 2 wheels. Mine has THREE. That color is nice, though. :D

But no, seriously, that blue tricycle is what I bought from Amazon. :D

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Don't be silly. That bike only has 2 wheels. Mine has THREE. That color is nice, though. :D

But no, seriously, that blue tricycle is what I bought from Amazon. :D
OH! Ummm. Nice bike, then. It's sort of like a mini-van, but with pedals.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
OH you guys STOP. Hahaha Alright Cool(!!!) WAIT bought nothing. HUH.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
OH you guys STOP. Hahaha Alright Cool(!!!) WAIT bought nothing. HUH.
I've bought so many things in the past few months, it's not even funny - ranging from gardening to cooking to electronics. I don't even know where to begin. :eek:

I'm suppose to be getting this 13" Zenbook in the mail today:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis