What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Bought 5 x 50FT Metal Garden Hoses. They look pretty cool. Very light when there's no water in them. Absolutely no kink. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, that's pretty sweet (for an old man, hahaha) :p:D:p

Seriously, I would putter around town on that thing. Plenty of room for a cooler full of beer in that basket!
That's the irony - if I were older, I would have never bought that bike.

People wouldn't laugh either if they see an older guy riding that bike.

But seeing a younger guy riding that bike cracks people up.

So many people have cracked up when they saw me riding around the neighborhood on that blue tricycle. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't gotten enough time on it yet, been getting too much rain and I was out of town last weekend. This is also my first air fork, so I need to learn and get those dialed in too. And, this is my first tubeless setup too. Soooo, it's gonna be tough to do a true apples to apples comparison.

Give me a few weeks and I will get back to you on my impressions. My older bike is a 29er, and I love it's wheels.

The guy at the LBS that runs 27.5+ was talking about running normal tire pressures, like 25F/28R. He said that he was running much lower but kept dinging up his rims, so went back to higher pressures. I just let them bleed me down to that pressure from the tubeless install and I've just ridden a couple half hour rides. I plan to bleed it on down a little at a time until I find my sweet spot.
Don't know about your area, but around here on loamy/rooty/rocky trails I've been running in range of 15-18 in rear, 13.5-16 in front for most of my rides (started out higher, low 20s, but quickly found I prefer lower), and am still experimenting. Haven't dinged a rim yet....and would think you'd be at least in that range as my tires are merely 2.8 and yours 3.0 (think yours is also a 40mm rim like mine); I weigh 220 with a full pack on. I haven't ridden it on our rockiest/gnarliest stuff yet, waiting for snow to go away. Here's a thread from mtbr.com on the subject (for all diameters, so watch out).

LOL my first tubeless set, too, have been resisting a long time. No issues yet but I am not converting all my bikes either (yet :) ). I've been using coil forks for quite a while, Marzocchis in the old days, lately Fox Vanilla 32, 36s; the fork on the new bike is air, a Pike RCT3 150mm and liking it a lot. Been a coil shock guy for a long time but air is getting better so will keep using the Monarch RCT3 that came with mine (have a couple Fox DHX5.0 coils on two of my other bikes) for a while at least....and I might have a deal cooking for the new Push elevensix :)

Curious how it works out for you when you get a chance....

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
@speakerman39: looks like income tax refund season. Congrats on your new toys. I dig that Dell tower, although I couldn't tell you the specs. I like that the Dell cases have so many screwless components. I'm also interested to read your impressions of your new JBL cans.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@speakerman39: looks like income tax refund season. Congrats on your new toys. I dig that Dell tower, although I couldn't tell you the specs. I like that the Dell cases have so many screwless components. I'm also interested to read your impressions of your new JBL cans.
The JBL Everest 700's sound almost as good as my JBL S500's. That is my initial impression anyways. Using the Everest 700's for BT when watching a 4K BR/movie/tv. Use the S500's when on my desktop where I do a lot of music listening. My new Sony 4K BR player is quite impressive. CD's sound really good on it too. Now, need to get my new Sony 4K TV up and powered on. Will get to it sooner or later.

The Dell has the i7 chip w/16 GB ram. But, will hold up to 64. Will be doing just that real soon. Also plan to add a SS drive to speed things up even more. It does have a 1 TB hard drive, but wished it was a bit bigger. Not sure if the 16 GB ram in it now is a single 16 GB stick or it has two 8 GB sticks. Hope to do a full 64 GB ram before it is all said and done. The idea is performance and speed.

Phil

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The JBL Everest 700's sound almost as good as my JBL S500's. That is my initial impression anyways. Using the Everest 700's for BT when watching a 4K BR/movie/tv. Use the S500's when on my desktop where I do a lot of music listening. My new Sony 4K BR player is quite impressive. CD's sound really good on it too. Now, need to get my new Sony 4K TV up and powered on. Will get to it sooner or later.

The Dell has the i7 chip w/16 GB ram. But, will hold up to 64. Will be doing just that real soon. Also plan to add a SS drive to speed things up even more. It does has a 1 TB hard drive, but wished it was a bit bigger. Not sure if the 16 GB ram in it now is a single 16 GB stick or it has two 8 GB sticks. Hope to do a full 64 GB ram before it is all said and done. The idea is performance and speed.

Phil
I spy with my little eye a dual dvi video card sitting on pcie - which one is it?
Also get SSD right MEW! even before doing anything and make sure windows installed on it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I spy with my little eye a dual dvi video card sitting on pcie - which one is it?
Also get SSD right MEW! even before doing anything and make sure windows installed on it.
Here is the Dell computer I bought:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-xps-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-750-ti-1tb-hard-drive-silver/5614907.p?skuId=5614907

It comes with 16 GB of ram, but will max out at 64. Eventually, I hope to add 48 GB more. Not sure if I can all at once though. Not even sure if there are (2) 8 GB cards or a single 16 GB card. I do know, however, there are only 4 slots total. Want to at least add 16 GB more and possible 32.

Been advised to put a SS hard drive in it as it will make it boot up quicker and perform much faster. Have any recommendations? I haven't a clue which SS drive to buy. Also, it takes DDR4 SDRAM. Any recommendation on that as well? I never knew there were so many different types of DDR4 ram. Any tips/help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I was looking at the Everest 700 today
My local BB has the Everest 300/700 and/or the Everest Elite 300/700 on display to listen to. Out of them all, I preferred the Everest 700. So, came home and ordered a refurbished set of of Harmon.com right away. Cost me like $148 and some change delivered!

They do sound very good for the most part. But, my JBL S500 headphones sound a bit better. Nothing day or night, but noticeable nevertheless. I can plug them directly into the remote of my Roku Premiere Plus which is way cool. Will try out the BT connection tomorrow. I am a bit spent tonight. Certainly not getting any younger here.

Phil

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Gtx750ti. It is not bad. You should be able to play most games at 1080p with acceptable frame rates. Don't worry about ram. 16gb is plenty. My server has 32gb and it's plenty.
Btw its not called ss hard drive, just ssd as in solid state disk.
One to buy is samsung 850 evo.
Also check out Tom's hardware recommendations.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Gtx750ti. It is not bad. You should be able to play most games at 1080p with acceptable frame rates. Don't worry about ram. 16gb is plenty. My server has 32gb and it's plenty.
Btw its not called ss hard drive, just ssd as in solid state disk.
One to buy is samsung 850 evo.
Also check out Tom's hardware recommendations.
I see. But, I do not play games at all. So, would the Samsung 850 EVO make it perform faster? Will be sure to check it out. BTW, adding RAM won't make it faster too? Have not even turned on my new Dell just yet. Have a new desk that is more studio friendly in white. I know, but it was on clearance.....LOL!!! Here is a link to my new desk:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/656589/Z-Line-Designs-Mobile-Workstation-Desk/

Just need to get it together and then set it all up. Guess the white does not look too bad. Rather had it in black though. But, for $108 I am not complaining. Have lots to do and I am moving so slow. Not a good combination.

Phil

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I see. But, I do not play games at all. So, would the Samsung 850 EVO make it perform faster? Will be sure to check it out. BTW, adding RAM won't make it faster too? Have not even turned on my new Dell just yet. have a new desk that is more studio friendly in white. I know, but it was on clearance.....LOL!!! Here is a link to my new desk:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/656589/Z-Line-Designs-Mobile-Workstation-Desk/

Just need to get it together and then set it all up. Guess the white does not look too bad. Rather had it in black though. But, for $108 I am not complaining. Have lots to do and I am moving so slow. Not a good combination.

Phil
Phil, curious, just what do you need faster performance for?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Additional ram would not make it any faster. Ssd would by making windows work faster programs faster etc.
Searching for data on ssd is night and day vs regular hdd.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, curious, just what do you need faster performance for?
Chris, just wanting to be faster upon start up and when I start programs, and etc. I also do multi-tasking a lot. But, I do not play games. Watch a lot of youtube and listen to Pandora. Nothing too much out of the ordinary.

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis