What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tideson 3D any good? I might get it. I hope to see some pics of the Miccas JG in your thread. :)
Have been ridiculously busy, so no time to do any downtime things lately. Hopefully this weekend.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Man, you buy like 3 or 4 blurays every week. How large is your collection now? :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nah Lu it's because I've been on a 3D kick + great deals used.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
In the spare bedroom the TV is going on the wall so the center speaker can get off the floor.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
That TV wall mount looks like a quality product. How much was it?

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Selling the Dell Latitude E6320 on eBay and ordered an E6420 refurbished from Dell. Also bought a Zotac Zbox BI320 mini PC to use with Kodi because the Amazon FTV doesn't do HD audio.
64GB SSD, 2 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 and only $160 from Newegg. Great price for the specs.

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
New battery and charger for my 2008 MacBook Pro. And the movie (blu ray of course) Fury. I really enjoyed it, being retired military and a long time lover of military movies. Sound was awesome, storyline livable, acting could have used some help but I expected that.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I wanted to redo some of the cable in my current HT setup, which will be moved to the secondary system once I move into the new house. I really wanted braided cables because the look nice. I tried to find cheap AudioQuest, but not possible and not worth the money. I am going to try these. I really like the fact that they come in multiple colors as I am going to color code by device. Monoprice seems to get thumbs up at most places, so we shall see. I am a little concerned about thin cables, but they are supposed to be shielded. Same 18Gb/s speed rating as the big boys. Will compare them against my current cables if that is even possible. Bottom line it was still a cheap investment.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That TV wall mount looks like a quality product. How much was it?
$90ish shipped from Amazon sold by Monoprice. Funny thing is that Monoprice sells it on Amazon for less than they sell it for on their own website. I could have gotten away with a cheaper one, except that my TV weighs 85lbs and I want to be able to swing it to and fro :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Selling the Dell Latitude E6320 on eBay and ordered an E6420 refurbished from Dell. Also bought a Zotac Zbox BI320 mini PC to use with Kodi because the Amazon FTV doesn't do HD audio.
64GB SSD, 2 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 and only $160 from Newegg. Great price for the specs.
I have old Zotac Ion (1st gen) box gathering dust since the Zotac mobo failed and rendered this my 1st htpc useless (I wonder if mild overclock had anything to do with it :rolleyes:)

I'm still on the hunt for cheap Asus Chromebox, but cheap I mean about $120. With it's haswell celeron and modern (on die) gpu I think it would be my next htpc

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I'm still on the hunt for cheap Asus Chromebox, but cheap I mean about $120. With it's haswell celeron and modern (on die) gpu I think it would be my next htpc
Just remember that the Chromebox can't do HD audio in Windows. I believe it's an Intel driver problem with Windows.
HD audio in Linux does work.
Newegg had the Chromebox for $120 around Christmas.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just remember that the Chromebox can't do HD audio in Windows. I believe it's an Intel driver problem with Windows.
HD audio in Linux does work.
Newegg had the Chromebox for $120 around Christmas.
I don't care about Windows. It would run openelec

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis