What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Boxtrolls is excellent stop motion animation. As for 3D, i dunno. If they shot it with multiple cameras?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats. :)
Be sure to post some pics when you get it up and running.
Was not easy as the first TV had 3 defective lines going all the way across the screen. Bought TV as Damaged Box from my Dealer for $1900, box was near perfect too. Was replaced with a brand new clean box, so it all worked out, but took forever, not dealers fault.

Pretty impressed with the Triluminos display. Sony has upped their game in the apps department (these are 4K Netflix Streams)

Disappointed in a few things:
1. Non removable - SHORT power cord... on a 2.7k TV???
2. Netflix App does not support 3D, and its 11.99 for 4k with about 15 selections and amost all are worthless (Smurfs 2...really :))
3. Amazon 4k Got hooked on Orphan Black in 4k there is a noticable difference at about 8-9ft away

Bottom line I am happy with it, considering I got it slightly more than I would a comparable Tier 1 1080P set.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Dvd caddy modified to fit a 2.5" laptop hard drive. I bought it for my Dell Latitude E6420 to add a second hard drive for media storage.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Boxtrolls is excellent stop motion animation. As for 3D, i dunno. If they shot it with multiple cameras?
They created special miniature dual cameras to shoot Coraline, so Laika most definitely know how to do 3D very well. Just watched this one and it was very impressive. I'd have to agree, quite possibly the best 3D I've seen, and a very entertaining film as well.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Picked up the 3D version, will give the other one to the kids.

Coraline 3D was great, so was waiting for this one. Review says probably now the best looking 3D film out:

Now on my list to get. :) Thanks JG.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I plan on doing a video and separate audio recording of my Theater room and ordered the Zoom H5 which came today and will be busy on the weekend learning how to use it.
I had one of those. I only got to use it once or twice. Lots of options on those. This is the one I had:

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
How is it? Not that I can affourd it. :(
It sounds fantastic. I'm a big fan of Kitaro's Silk Road suite, and though this is not what I would have favored if the original Silk Road volume 1 would have been available, I've found it to be a wonderful compilation with the original recordings but remastered with a much lower noise floor. So low, in fact, that at the volumes I listen audio at in my home, there's no detectable hint of leftover analog hiss at all.

The whole "scintillating" part of the high notes and sounds Kitaro is well known for, comes across with a clarity and evenness (is that a word ?) that I've only experienced on my now well experienced vinyls when they were brand new.

I believe any fan of Kitaro should experience this. It's a real, rare treat to experience and I now consider it to belong in the top end of my "must own in Hi-Res" list.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thought I'd try this whole grinding stuff. Grinder is an Amazon warehouse deal, coffee is from Cananada, eh.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Grinding immediately before brewing is the best way, makes the best coffee for sure.

Alas, I have given in to the Kuerig convenience!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Grinding immediately before brewing is the best way, makes the best coffee for sure.

Alas, I have given in to the Kuerig convenience!
My Mom has had a Keurig since they came out. I've used it a lot, but just can't seem to get on board. With the Bunn Brewer, it keeps the water warm so it makes a cup about as fast as a Keurig, plus it'll make a pot.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My Mom has had a Keurig since they came out. I've used it a lot, but just can't seem to get on board. With the Bunn Brewer, it keeps the water warm so it makes a cup about as fast as a Keurig, plus it'll make a pot.
You can also get refillable cups for the Keurig, so you can still use your own ground coffee. But I just use the pre-made cups now.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
$179 seems like a decent deal. I'm not in immediate rush to upgrade from my baratza, but if i didn't have it I'd buy Gaggia MDF for $200 (frequently on sale)
Next upgrade would have to be first new espresso machine. My Saeco Aroma is great value, but I think i could do better than that. To upgrade for me is Ranculio grinder and espresso machine

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I actually looked at the Gaggia and the Rancilio. The Rancilio sounded right up my alley based on the reviews I read. I tend to like it when reviews say stuff like "...will last forever..." "...last grinder you'll ever buy." It was just a bit too much. I won't be doing espresso, but wanted a bit more flexibility, reliability, and consistency than the $30 grinders give. Plus, if it's not my thing I can simply print out the return label and back it goes.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm afraid my baratza virtuoso belong to same sentiment - built like a tank. Pay attention to antistatic container. It would be very annoying without one

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Speaking of consistency - a cheap $60 burr-grinder from Braun was all plastic and very loud ac motor - still was very consistent for none-espresso grinds. $200 is entry point for decent espresso grinders.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis