What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Not as exciting as new gear, but a new addition to the family. Didn't buy, but there was an adoption fee.

Penelope at the store.

View attachment 14626

Penelope at home.

Dunno, maybe more exciting than new gear in some ways. A new addition to the family.

That cat looks just like 1 of mine!

I have found over the years that "tuxedo" cats tend to be some of the best and most docile cats. Even my vet made this same observation when we were discussing it.

I decided I always wanna have at least 1 tuxedo cat around.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Dunno, maybe more exciting than new gear in some ways. A new addition to the family.

That cat looks just like 1 of mine!

I have found over the years that "tuxedo" cats tend to be some of the best and most docile cats. Even my vet made this same observation when we were discussing it.

I decided I always wanna have at least 1 tuxedo cat around.
I've heard the same thing about tuxedo cats. But, she was found as a stray and is going to need a lot of work. Very skittish and shy.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Haha. Yup, cats are picky!

And what 1 cat loves....another cat couldn't care less!

For example, all cats like to scratch. I have found that when a cat takes to scratching my furniture, then it means I haven't found the scratching post that the cat likes yet!

1 cat loves those cardboard-end-piece scratchers, while the other loves the rope-covered scratchers. One of my previous cats loved a 6"x2"x36" plank.

Sometimes I buy a new cat toy and I think 1 of my cats will love it, then it turns out the other one loves it instead.

B

bridge

Enthusiast
Not as exciting as new gear, but a new addition to the family. Didn't buy, but there was an adoption fee.

Penelope at the store.

View attachment 14626

Penelope at home.
Good for you, rescue animals rule!

You saved two lives, Penelope's and now there's room for another cat at the shelter!

Nothing will bring the chaos or calm of a dog or cat, best of luck!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got one of these the other day

Also came with one of these that's already setup outside

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Fuzz, it looks like sort of device like WU recommends to buy for contributing weather data:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/buyingguide.asp

also i bought this very exciting device:

A few days ago I had my first power outage. I got big scare after my nas box didn't boot up after it.
It looks like my usb3.0 card reader died. I am booting freenas from a sd memory card.
The temp solution to use different sd reader. nas is back up, but looks ugly now with external sd reader sticking out like sore thumb.
This APC ups has pure sine output, not a simulated sine which should help with some power supplies.
New it costs around $350-400, I got it used on the bay for $50 with functional battaries. Then (not if) batteries fail, OEM replacement are very cheap.
Includes usb and serial ports for controls.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

Penelope at the store.

View attachment 14626

Penelope at home.
Nice adopting from a shelter, I have two from a shelter and a Great Pyrenees that I adopted off of a farm, because no man should have two cats, the 135lb dog balances it out :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Got tired of my $90 logitech mice breaking, tried something new, Corsair M65 not sure why pic attachment is not working

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The UPS supposed to come today and let me tell you something - it can't come soon enough as we had another 10 mins power outage. GD JCP&L. Never had 2 outages in same week with ConEd, or 2 outages in last 5-6 years or so...

Mucho envy neighbors with their hybrid power system - solar panels on roof and generator on side.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
6 bucks on Amazon why not. 3D is suppose to be good.

Read the PQ was great on this + 8 bucks + Emily Blunt. :)

Needed a longer run for the PJ. The other one I got had static on the picture, so back it goes. Hopefully this one is good.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The kid had a system given to him for the new place and I set it up over the weekend. One of the speakers was dead apparently, so I just ordered a pair of these for him

No x-over like the original 42, but they're cheaper too. I'll put them through their paces first, then he can have them :) They'll be here on Thurs.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Micca, JG. Looks like the price went up to $60.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis