What are you watching tonight?

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I watched Terminator 3 last night on DVD. I hadn't played it since I got the Rythmik sub and found myself having to turn the bass down while watching it becuase it was late at night and I didn't want to wake anyone up.
Not played the film in months...Now.

The low end is supportive over all channels.

Best played with PLIIx for that "hunters and killers" hovering around the complex cool seamless timber matching around the arrays of JBL when its right directly behind me looking over my shoulder with smooth pan to centre stage then flies down and Kate, shoots the hell out! Yeah! With it shattering into bits all around sounded realistic.

The footsteps are cool with the "T-X" arriving at the military-base footsteps sounding matched across LCR on stage right then pans across centre stage with camera looking upwards as she turns around.

I like the sound of door buzzer at the vets sounding on left stage then as camera moves around as if its our "pov" the sound moves across to centre stage, with cat hissing "sound likes a hairball"? (My cat doesn't hiss when he has a hairball so maybe it was) "I think Hercules has got pneumonia" (as my cat never hisses when he's about to do a hairball).

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Dolby Digital 5.1 / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL professional x73 speakers.

Picked up a region 1 at the Sunday market this afternoon for £1.00 for upgrade over the region 2 DVD.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watch on Sunday: Penguins Of Madagascar 3D Great 3D on this one and nice story.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
BACK TO THE FUTURE (1985) PAL Laserdisc (still being used in the future 2015)
PCM DOLBY STEREO / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL professional x73 speakers.

Tuned up the Flux, Dolby CP500 JBL THX capacitors for a feeling bass mid and chesty sub bass extension where the thunderous slam is felt on my on my chest seat to seat. Back row nice and comfortable relaxed back in the rocker seats is extremely bass pounding from sound effects, some foley body falls when Doc. Brown lands on his back after hooking up the cable and slides down it and score is bass punchy.

Helicopter pans nicely, timber matched smoothly across Left Centre and flies, fades off to the Right

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Marvel Agents of Shield S2 Episode 11 ... finally people are beginning to evolve into super humans

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I binged Agents of Shield S2 as soon as it became available. I liked it.

Currently working on season 3 of Hemlock Grove.

Jim

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Walking Dead...seriously if you like action and suspense, this is by far the best season yet. It almost makes me wish for a character development episode to get my heart rate back down....almost ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Walking Dead...seriously if you like action and suspense, this is by far the best season yet. It almost makes me wish for a character development episode to get my heart rate back down....almost ;)
Agree about TWD being absolutely amazing and keeps getting better and better.

I watched 3 episodes of Fear the Walking Dead (FTWD) and I hope it will be as superb as TWD.

I wish each season of TWD has 30 episodes. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Agree about TWD being absolutely amazing and keeps getting better and better.

I watched 3 episodes of Fear the Walking Dead (FTWD) and I hope it will be as superb as TWD.

I wish each season of TWD has 30 episodes. :D
Don't know why, I could not get into FTWD, may have to give it a second try.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Don't know why, I could not get into FTWD, may have to give it a second try.
Same here. I was disappointed in FTWD from episodes 1-3. That's why I still have NOT watched episodes 4-6. :D

I thought FTWD had too much denial. :D

I vote for expanding TWD from 16 episodes per year to 22 episodes, instead of 16TWD + 6FTWD.

Last edited:
A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Picked up cheaply, Live And Let Die at the Sunday market last weekend.

Region 2 DVD. The pressing has a bit of rough transfer but at least the colours look spot on. Framing 1.77:1.

Opening theme Paul McCartney and Wings song of same film title "Live And Let Die" is crystal clear on the vocals with nice balance on the instrumental that allows both to play without struggling to understand.

I can live with PAL speed-up but would prefer region 1 DVD but not many region 1 DVD at the market or even any Laserdiscs that I not seen yet?

Yaphet Kotto, is devious mean drug dealer "Kananga" can Bond save the day? Still like Yaphet Kotto in ALIEN (1979) who doesn't?

First outing for Roger Moore as "James Bond 007" that spaded 7 films from 1973 - 1985.

Live And Let Die (1973)
Dolby 1.0 Mono / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL professional

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Arrived today on region 2 DVD

Geronimo american legend
Dolby Digital 5.1 / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL professional x73 speakers.

2:35:1

Feature Dolby dialnorm +4db
Trailer Dolby dialnorm -6db

I can hear some of the sound effects used from Glory.

Bass is fairly strong as is with some occasional LFE.1 that I saw extending below 20Hz.

Also released in SDDS 8channel

^ Chapter 15

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Same here. I was disappointed in FTWD from episodes 1-3. That's why I still have NOT watched episodes 4-6. :D

I thought FTWD had too much denial. :D

I vote for expanding TWD from 16 episodes per year to 22 episodes, instead of 16TWD + 6FTWD.
/agree

And.....SPOILER ALTERT!!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED LAST NIGHTS EPISODE...!!!!!!!

Glen is not DEAD, at least that is what I think ;)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Black Hawk Down (2001) region 2 DVD

Dolby dialnorm -3db

Why is it that this film always seems to come up in talks and its always about chapter 8 and that infersonic ULF sub bass.

I can play chapter 8 for hours.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
House of Cards, third watch through... What is wrong with me?

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Tonight (and every Saturday, if on) I'm watching:

Doctor Who on BBCa...
then
The Returned on Sundance Channel...
French zombies who aren't Zombies... creeeepy!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis