afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Recently: The Judge B+ The Maze Runner B- The Guest B- Faults B+ Cantinflas B-
Netflix Original A Young Doctor's Notebook and Other Stories B+ It Follows B-

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Penn & Teller: Fool Us.

The Carbonaro Effect, which is on multiple times daily.

Yeah, I like magic.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^ Is that a series? I taped one 2 weeks ago and saw it was on again. I like magic too.
Watched this on Netflix last night. I just took a chance on it as I'd never heard of it before. I really thought it was great. A+

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well after having it for a couple of months and all the hype on the 3D I watched Bait 3-D. Whoa great 3D fun, action and HEAVY BASS(had to turn it down :eek:). Highly recommend!

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Not brought a bluray for 4 months too much near field mixes with tampered DME so not spending £20.00 on lossless and half rubbish bluray until THEATRICAL FAR FIELD mixes are mandatory on bluray and back issue titles for which we already have are given out for FREE with THEATRICAL MIX.

So until them bluray is BOYCOTTED! I'm sick and tried wasting £20.00 for every film sound like watered down on the dynamic range. :mad:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Not brought a bluray for 4 months too much near field mixes with tampered DME so not spending £20.00 on lossless and half rubbish bluray until THEATRICAL FAR FIELD mixes are mandatory on bluray and back issue titles for which we already have are given out for FREE with THEATRICAL MIX.

So until them bluray is BOYCOTTED! I'm sick and tried wasting £20.00 for every film sound like watered down on the dynamic range. :mad:
Just curious why you would post an anti media rant in a forum that's asking what you watched last night?

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Just curious why you would post an anti media rant in a forum that's asking what you watched last night?
Because there is 0 for me to buy to watch in last 4 months Let me known when you have some Theatrical mixes on bluray that I would like to buy. Until then I have to stick with what I have. So you enjoy throwing the money away, as I don't enjoy throwing £20.00 away for each title for near-field mixes.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Last Nite: P!nk: The Truth About Love Tour: Live From Melbourne A+ Amazingly great on the big screen and nice deep blacks.
Thanks for Sharing B+

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Because there is 0 for me to buy to watch in last 4 months Let me known when you have some Theatrical mixes on bluray that I would like to buy. Until then I have to stick with what I have. So you enjoy throwing the money away, as I don't enjoy throwing £20.00 away for each title for near-field mixes.
As far as I'm concerned, there has been one bluray that I have regretted buying but it was not because of a poor soundtrack. No money lost on my end. The question still stands, why rant in this thread? Do you realize that posters might be viewing from netflix or streaming from other sources? Just sayin.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Last night, we watched AVATAR 3D on the LG 79" in 3D - While the movie isnt my favorite, the look was spectacular.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Last night, we watched AVATAR 3D on the LG 79" in 3D - While the movie isnt my favorite, the look was spectacular.
James Cameron's Avatar is probably the ONLY 3D movie worth watching. :D

Every other 3D movie seems mediocre.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
That's a bold statement but you are probably right. It's the only one I'm aware of that was filmed for 3D as opposed to converted in post.

Jim

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally got the region free version of this delivered two days ago from the UK. I forgot how funny this series was. I watched the first two out of the 5 and it cracked me up the entire time.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985)
Dolby Stereo 5.1 lossless / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System x73 speakers

Best part of the film was the end credits with a coolness of THX bass mid kick that's felt in the seats. Must have played the end credits more than the actual film running time.

Last edited:
A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Arrived this morning on MGM/UA letterbox Laserdisc NTSC
Year Of The Dragon (1985)
Dolby Stereo / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System JBL professional x73 speakers

Picture is laserdisc reasonable with nice colours and detail there are some common artifacts that occasional show with minor distraction but overall I liked the transfer nice scope framing 2.35:1.

Dolby Stereo mix was average with dialogue loud and clear on centre channel. Ambiance effects are placed around the LCR with faintness on the matrix surrounds some scenes have a bit of openness on the surrounds.

^ CAV disc 2 side 3

Weaponry sound effects have a bass mid feel.

Music often has some 35Hz to 75Hz 80Hz strong peaks that can be felt.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis