Username column for rep

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I wish the admins could change the colour of all of the chicklets to red for a day, that would mix things up!
I think it would be even better to change them to yellow, purple or any other color nobody has seen before just to see what the response would be. Maybe make them blink on and off or something....:D

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I think it would be even better to change them to yellow, purple or any other color nobody has seen before just to see what the response would be. Maybe make them blink on and off or something....:D
I think the rankings should be changed to:
Audiophyte = Still getting laid
Full Audioholic = Rarely laid
Senior Audioholic = Cries himself to sleep
Audioholic Field Marshall = Cracked one off so hard he broke the wheel on his office chair.
Audioholic Samurai = Tried hanging himself and failed

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Audioholic Field Marshall = Cracked one off so hard he broke the wheel on his office chair.
I guess I better quit posting before I make senior audioholic. :eek:

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I like it. I also think when one attains the title of Audioholic Field Marshall their chicklets should turn blue and become become ball shaped.:D:D:D

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I guess I'm in real trouble. That system has nothing to do with your reputation though, it's purely based on post count.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

I guess I'm in real trouble. That system has nothing to do with your reputation though, it's purely based on post count.
I think it's fairly safe to say that there has never been any relationship here between ones post count and the amount of reputation they have.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I think it's fairly safe to say that there has never been any relationship here between ones post count and the amount of reputation they have.
I disagree. The poster with the highest post count on this forum currently holds 4th position for highest reputation and has previously held the 1st on a few occasions. The bulk of this user's posts and reputation stems from a thread that has absolutely no relevance to audio/video. That poster is not the most astute in terms of audio/video knowledge, although he's a very nice guy.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=reputation&pp=30

There also seems to be a lot of back patting among a certain group as well as some butt kissing. Fortunately most of these folks don't go on to give bad advise, go outside their knowledge, or just be an arse. Those that do often find themselves getting hit in the back instead of being patted on the back.:)

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

I disagree. The poster with the highest post count on this forum currently holds 4th position for highest reputation and has previously held the 1st on a few occasions. The bulk of this user's posts and reputation stems from a thread that has absolutely no relevance to audio/video. That poster is not the most astute in terms of audio/video knowledge, although he's a very nice guy.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=reputation&pp=30

There also seems to be a lot of back patting among a certain group as well as some butt kissing. Fortunately most of these folks don't go on to give bad advise, go outside their knowledge, or just be an arse. Those that do often find themselves getting hit in the back instead of being patted on the back.:)
While I agree fully with what you are saying, all one needs do here to quickly fill there chicklet rack with "reputation" is start a thread along the lines of, "Bose sucks," "down with Monster Cable," or "Blue Jeans Cables Rock!"

There are still several members here who have been valuable and consistent contributors to the community over the years who have far less "reputation" than some folks who've only been here a short while and contributed little other than some witty remarks and the comments listed above.

:)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
my personal favorite is:

"somebody didn't sign the red chicklet they gave me"

or should i say, pet peeve.

i GIVE red chicklets to those who complain about getting red chicklets.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned

Tell me about your feelings :p

My favorite is when people say the rep system is a joke and then spend countless posts defending why it is:confused::D

Nemo128

Nemo128

After you see enough reds from retards with half-wit explanations based on political opinions, you stop caring about rep. And when you see some loser going back to a thread locked a week ago just to red rep people they don't like or agree with, you realize that trolls have nothing better to do with their lives and ya gotta let them live however possible. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

I just want to thank you for evaluating Adam for us since he's not here to thank you himself but I gotta run and kiss some @ss and pat some backs for rep points from this one certain group. :rolleyes:

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
My favorite is when people say the rep system is a joke and then spend countless posts defending why it is:confused::D
This.

I always say 'thanks.' So if it wasn't for the 'thanks' button, I'd have a lot of extra posts just saying 'Thanks.' 'Thanks' for me is a post that is informative or entertaining. I'm here because I like audio gear, but I'm also here because its fun. If someone makes a joke that makes me smile (which, in todays economy, dramas of life and whatever else) I appreciate that ...even if it doesn't offer insight into the next great audio improvement.

I've only listened a few times, but listen to AV Rant podcast.... Dina is savvy with audio equipment, but she isn't an expert (nor did she claim to be), but she adds so much to the podcast because she asks good, practical questions. And in real life, I can't tell you how many times I've had a non audio person make a good insight about my system. A valuable forum will have a mixture of backgrounds.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I just want to thank you for evaluating Adam for us since he's not here to thank you himself but I gotta run and kiss some @ss and pat some backs for rep points from this one certain group. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry, didn't mean to rub your fur the wrong way.;)

I didn't know he was gone, I don't spend any time in the "really boring stuff only thread". He could come and go and I wouldn't have a clue.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
my personal favorite is:

"somebody didn't sign the red chicklet they gave me"

or should i say, pet peeve.

i GIVE red chicklets to those who complain about getting red chicklets.
I hate red chicklets!;)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
And I hate all the sick people that fall into this red foolish trick game, and particularly some of the mods here that fall the deepest into it.
What a red sick joke that sickens 95% of all the readers here at Audioholics.
This site is now such a sickened no-life kid's area. The red blood is spilling all over your sick jokes. Nobody wants to get advice anymore here by such a high number of major loosers.
And that's a fact with the data to proove it.
Go on, keep at it, you'll soon loose all respect and interest of the entire audio/video community at large (you're already in the deep red zone).
And this I ain't saying it, you did it to your ownself. And by doing so, you brought down your own comrades, how more sick than that could it be?
Go ahead, and hate yourself for it, you earned it red and square, like the color of your blood coagulated in your mouth from your brains.
Don't blame no one else but yourselves. ...By killing your brothers, you just kill your ownself. And that, will never go away till you rest in peace for eternity, in the shadows of Darkness.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
What does say for the number 3 guy:eek::D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This is what happens when the furless run their mouths.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis