Username column for rep

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Other forums i frequent have a column that automatically shows the username of a poster when feedback, reputation, etc is posted, regardless of whether or not the member signs it. I'm sure it is a simple add on in V bulletin, so why not take advantage of it to help minimize misdirected animosity? I"m a firm believer that any rep given or taken from should clearly show the sender and post and not be left to guesswork or assumptions on the part of the reciever.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
There have been threads on this issue in the past. Either to abolish the rep or to have the rep so it is automatically signed. They have never changed it.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Apparently it's funnier to not have an automatic column for a user name when passing out rep because it gets people like me all flustered.

And we can all use a good laugh.;):D

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

I agree the rep thing is more for entertainment than anything else. Although some people do seem to take it much too seriously and really get worked up about it.:eek:

FTR, I don't have any complaints and there aren't any underlying issues motivating my post, I just happened to notice this morning someone gave me +rep on another board a few weeks ago, since there was no message I thought it was nice that there was a column that said "posted by."

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
i would cetainly like to know who reps me, i have had issues on other forums in the past of the rep being abused, on this forum, i probably desever my negative rep though

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
i would cetainly like to know who reps me, i have had issues on other forums in the past of the rep being abused, on this forum, i probably desever my negative rep though
At least your teetering and not completely under water like you where a few days ago. That wasn't pretty.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Damn, I just got my first red chicklet, signed, "Stop cluttering the board with this nonsense."

To which I respond [R. Lee Ermey voice]I bet you're the kind of guy that would *** a person in the *** and not even have the g*dd*mn common courtesy to give him a reach-around[/R Lee Ermey voice]

:D:D:D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Damn, I just got my first red chicklet, signed, "Stop cluttering the board with this nonsense."

To which I respond [R. Lee Ermey voice]I bet you're the kind of guy that would *** a person in the *** and not even have the g*dd*mn common courtesy to give him a reach-around[/R Lee Ermey voice]

Must have been the monkey. :D

All right can we close this thread now. :p

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord

Aww darn, I want an equally pointless unsigned red chicklet!

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai

his is one reason i want to know who is repping me since i have gotten several red ones just because someone did not like the topic of my thread.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
his is one reason i want to know who is repping me since i have gotten several red ones just because someone did not like the topic of my thread.
If they aren't brave enough to leave their name, who cares?

Just me, that's who.:D

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Got some more, one with no comments and, of course, none signed - I'd think if someone was gonna rep you either way, they'd at least add a comment to tell you what they do or don't like.

You're right though, it is funny and good for a laugh.

:D;):D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
With red rep you have to leave a comment IIRC.

That cluttering the board remark is ridiculous.
Like anybody here cleared their calendar to read important posts ... :rolleyes:

The admin's can see who left what rep. Don't think for a minute that there are any secrets here. ;)

YIOF, just PM Clint to find out who is doing you dirty. He would love to help you out. :eek: :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
YIOF, just PM Clint to find out who is doing you dirty. He would love to help you out. :eek: :D
I bet he would.

You need to slow it down with the acronyms dude, I can't even find YIOF. I did a google search for it and it returned results for something else "Yiff", and you don't even want to know what that's about. Well, maybe a monkey like yourself would like to know, and you probably already know.;):D

Last edited:
Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

With red rep you have to leave a comment IIRC.

That cluttering the board remark is ridiculous.
Like anybody here cleared their calendar to read important posts ... :rolleyes:

The admin's can see who left what rep. Don't think for a minute that there are any secrets here. ;)

I've always thought the rep thing was silly, and I'm pretty sure I've made that clear when others were upset about getting hit before. Even though I do use the rep button at times, at least I put my name on it.

My only reason for starting the thread was, as I mentioned, I got positive rep on another board without any message, I thought it was nice to see who sent it. Then it occured to me that it's probably a simple check box type issue to setup and not involved in anyway for those running the board, so I mentioned it here. Prior to this thread I don't recall ever having recieved any negative rep. Now that I think about it I think I did get some grey chicklets a few years ago, maybe from the flooshing thread, I forget.;)

I wouldn't waste anyones time asking for someone to look at who sent it, especially since it really doesn't bother me. The only reason I posted what I got was because I thought it was funny and would irritate that person.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis