Turkey Of The Year Award

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Tex-amp said:
Wow! When did Bybee get into all that stuff?
Like alot of other manufacturers they got into snake oil as soon as they could figure out a new hook that had'nt been exploited yet.

Check out their latest offering:mad:

http://www.tubeaudiodesign.com/

Can anybody imagine trying to get these stupid "moon rocks" out of the speaker cabinets:rolleyes:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
highfihoney said:
Like alot of other manufacturers they got into snake oil as soon as they could figure out a new hook that had'nt been exploited yet.

Check out their latest offering:mad:

http://www.tubeaudiodesign.com/

Can anybody imagine trying to get these stupid "moon rocks" out of the speaker cabinets:rolleyes:
What the heck is that supposed to do?:rolleyes:

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nestor said:
Didn't see this one in the thread, but for turkeys, it could be a 28 lb'er.

The technology is so good, I'm surprised they haven't been visited by dark-suited, black-Suburban types. :cool:

http://www.bybeetech.com/ourtech.asp

Think I saw these at a *cough* "adult recreation retailer"

http://www.bybeetech.com/products.asp
I guess MR. Jack Bybee has found a way to overcome Heisenberg's uncertainty principle to delever us the highest fidelity audio. ;)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
highfihoney said:
Don't you think Lava Rocks would be better? If you set them on fire it would really warm up the low end. Geez, these people don't know anything. :)

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I have a Modwright modded DVD player with a Bybee on the digital output.:eek: I didn't have the chance to compare the before and after, as I bought it that way with the Level 1 Transport Mods.

Er, it does sound very nice, though.:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Dan Banquer said:
This award should go to Positive Feedback for giving "The Clever Little Clock" a designer award.
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue28/brutus.htm

This appears not to be a hoax, if you can possibly believe it.
d.b.
ignorant people who don't even pay attention to what they say said:
It is a small; battery powered clock that has been extensively modified. It does not plug into the wall, and has no direct influence on the audio signal, or the house wiring, or any of the audio gear or accessories. As with other products based on Peter Belt theories, this clock does not so affect the sound, but -and in my experience – how the listener responds to the sound.
They even say it is BS right there, yet somehow, they ignorantly and blissfully claim that it makes a difference.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Ha,i found these stupid things ive been looking for,these puppies are used for bass control in a high dollar system & for only $2,200 each you can own one also but keep in mind you'll need one for each speaker so that will cost ya a meesely $4,400,a mere drop in the bucket for bass control:eek:

http://www.xtremecables.com/proddetail.php?prod=1.5_Acoustic_Systems_Platinum_Resonator

And after you get your listening room tuned just right with those devices you cant forget to upgrade your wall outlets,these should do the trick at $150.00 each.

http://hcmaudio.com/comp.asp?compID=246

Last edited:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
The epitome of snake oil to the nth degree. Check out the Cd enhancer fluid, "if you want to bring up your CD to the level of vinyl"????????:eek: I know we're poking fun at these turkeys, but its sad what has happened to a sector of this hobby of ours.:(

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
There is nothing wrong with LP/vinyl, it has it's advantages. I don't think that CD will be able to achieve what LP can.

None the less, I think the Clever Little Clock is a top contender for Turkey of the Year. Why is it a top contender?, because they took an ordinary Timex or Radio Shack battery powered clock and put an orange sticker on it and marked up the price to $200. I should probably try that, getting about ten Timex clocks and putting orange stickers on them and sell them from a white van.:D

The Clever Clock is also known as the "Tice Clock", whatever that means.:rolleyes:

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Seth=L said:
The Clever Clock is also known as the "Tice Clock", whatever that means.:rolleyes:
Hi seth,the Machina Dynamica "clever little clock" and the "Tice clock" are two different things from two different companies,tice makes power conditioning units for home audio & they were the first people to use a clock to make stuff sound different only their clock had a power cord & could be plugged into the wall or into the users system whereas the red dot clock from Machina Dynamica uses a super secret lithium battery to power it.

Not that it much matters they are both peices of s#!t;)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
stratman said:
I know we're poking fun at these turkeys, but its sad what has happened to a sector of this hobby of ours.:(
Your absolutely right about that,the golden age of hifi is gone & has been replaced with mumbo jumbo.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Seth=L said:
There is nothing wrong with LP/vinyl, it has it's advantages. I don't think that CD will be able to achieve what LP can.
None the less, I think the Clever Little Clock is a top contender for Turkey of the Year. Why is it a top contender?, because they took an ordinary Timex or Radio Shack battery powered clock and put an orange sticker on it and marked up the price to $200. I should probably try that, getting about ten Timex clocks and putting orange stickers on them and sell them from a white van.:D

I agree there's nothing wrong with vinyl, on the contrary, a well engineered and properly employed system can outperform a less capable CD playback system. My point was the fluid they promote as a miracle to bring your CDs to the level of "nirvana" espoused by golden eared retrievers, er... I mean golden eared listeners worldwide.:D

Seth, you just might have picked up on the winner...that little magic clock, who would have thought that Timex took a beating kept on ticking and repaired your hearing, its magic.:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
stratman said:
There's just one word for that: Unbelievable:eek:
You know I was looking back on some posts from a few months ago, I realized that I learned some stuff, and unlearned some BS. I read some of my early posts and realized, wow! that sounds stupid!:eek:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I love this stuff. Those cables apparently have an MSRP of $6,000? But you can buy them for the bargain basement price of $1,000? I've had my car for 12 years (bought it new in '94) and I'd be lucky to get $1K for it!

You could buy essentially the same cables from monoprice.com for oh $6 or so.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
MDS said:
I love this stuff. Those cables apparently have an MSRP of $6,000? But you can buy them for the bargain basement price of $1,000? I've had my car for 12 years (bought it new in '94) and I'd be lucky to get $1K for it!

You could buy essentially the same cables from monoprice.com for oh $6 or so.
You could go to monoprice, but then you don't get the luxury of bragging about how much more you spend on audio cables instead of your speakers.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis