Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Got my shipping confirm from Emo for those interested in my trials and tribulations.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
And the replacement has landed, and even works! :D

Now just waiting for the Outlaw which should also arrive today.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Sounds like a good day. :)
I certainly can't complain too much at the going rate. The only downfall is I can't risk taking the dog for a long walk or listening to music/movies too loud at the moment.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The only downfall is I can't risk taking the dog for a long walk...
You selfish b*stard! :mad:

:D What, UPS/FedEx won't leave the Outlaw if you aren't there? You think that the Hulk might show up to carry it off?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nope; signature is required :p
You should get signature releases on file with them, if you don't already. Sometimes the shipper will require that you personally sign, but often the signature release is sufficient.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Usually it doesn't really make much difference. Today happens to be the one day someone isn't here babysitting (he's out with his mother today), so naturally that's the day everything is slated to arrive. No matter, I don't mind a Friday off, and Max is busy holding his bed down either way :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Is it there, yet? Where are the pictures? This ain't time for another "preview," man. I want the real deal. :p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Is it there, yet? Where are the pictures?
Not yet; it's still listed as "out for delivery".

This ain't time for another "preview," man. I want the real deal. :p
I'll probably do something similar to what I did for the XPA-200, though perhaps this time I'll use some "in house" pictures. Still, I'll end up just calling it a preview as I doubt anybody cares to see me write about how awesome Quadrophenia, Back In Black, and Hell Freezes Over sound on my system with the 7125 in the chain, and obviously I don't have the capacity to actually measure the thing.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Out for delivery at almost 7pm? Good luck. :p

Btw, I wasn't actually asking for a review. I just wanted pictures. But, if you're going to wax poetic about AC/DC...then, let's do this. :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Meanwhile, the humble bedroom setup:

Some day I'd like to move it to a dedicated listening room; it deserves better than just sitting on a dresser. The kid does enjoy some himself some tunes in the morning though.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
The eagle has landed (on the back of a Budget rental truck...); pics will be coming when everyone else goes to sleep. :D

First impressions: pretty heavy with the bulk of the weight on the huge toroidal transformer; front panel is dark enough to fade to black in my cabinet; overall fit and finish seems decent, if basic.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Picture time :D

First, a shot of Max after being caught in the act raiding a little garbage bin at the in laws:

Next, a picture from when I visited lsiberian:

Is there anybody home???

Ohh, hello there:

Frontal aspect:

Top view:

The rear:

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
And for afterlife and anyone else that wants to see the setup sans grills:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com