Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
We have a deal.

Oh, shipping and handling will be $700.
You know, I would have thought you'd be happy to be rid of that POS instead of trying to jack up the shipping and handling :p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
My experiment/aim for this weekend is to raise the XO on my setup a bit and see if that helps reduce issues of cabinet resonance/loose bass a bit on the Q700s (not that it's bad at 80Hz in my estimation). Of course in playing around with the crossover setting last night I found an interesting problem that might stymie me a bit. In looking at the subs FR, changing the XO point up to 100Hz and looking at its output alone doesn't yield much change at my listening position vs the 80Hz XO; even cranking the XO up to 200Hz didn't increase its bandwidth that I could tell. I close miked the sub at that point and verified that it was operating as expected. So tonight I try I'll be wrestling 150+ pounds of sub to see if I can make a minor adjustment or two in placement that will hopefully help.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Getting close to pulling the trigger on the Outlaw 7125 now. For some reason though, my wife thinks I should focus on getting her birthday gift before I splurge on myself. How selfish can you get :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Getting close to pulling the trigger on the Outlaw 7125 now. For some reason though, my wife thinks I should focus on getting her birthday gift before I splurge on myself. How selfish can you get :D
"Happy Birthday, honey! It's the 7125 that you couldn't stop talking about all week."

:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Clearly you need a lesson from Alex about not talking about it, sneaking it into the house, and hiding it in plain view for as long as possible and acting like it was there all along. :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
"Happy Birthday, honey! It's the 7125 that you couldn't stop talking about all week."

:D
It's ordered along with a few ancillary pieces, and it might just arrive in time for her b-day. She'll be so pleased :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats! I like those Outlaws.

Still can't believe that you ignored my PM offer to give you the IPS...

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Thanks!

I didn't see a PM though... I actually sent you one or two a while back on it and never saw a response. No biggie though.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I figured that might be a possibility too :p Fortunately with my little gig here, I get a little more leeway regarding my audio purchases. :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
PS: The XPA-200 will be migrating to my bedroom setup...along with an XDA-2...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
No go with a 20 month old running around. It definitely has an intimidating look though, especially flanked by the PB13 :D
I had a feeling It was that. I still wanna see em' without.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis