Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
On the downside, the 7125 is currently backordered, so I won't get that for a couple weeks. On the up side, the XDA-2 is in house, and it just went on sale, so I should get a few bucks back. I'll probably also cart the XPA-200 upstairs this weekend and hook it up with the XDA-2, leaving the Onkyo to drive the KEFs on its own for a little bit.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Fortunately the HK is still around, so it's only a minor annoyance.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
And apparently the XDA-2 is DOA.
And to think that I was just about to jump on the current Emo sale. Thanks for the reminder. :D

Seriously, though, sorry to see that. That's never fun to have happen.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
And to think that I was just about to jump on the current Emo sale.
Well, I did take the opportunity to use it for a little leverage on Outlaw in addition to getting $60 off my XDA-2. :D

Seriously, though, sorry to see that. That's never fun to have happen.
Thanks. It's not the end of the world, but it is definitely a nuisance. I guess I'll get to see how good Emo service is in short order.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I guess I'll get to see how good Emo service is in short order.
It should be pretty good on a DOA order. My recommendation is to call by phone and get shipment confirmation of the replacement.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
My recommendation is to call by phone and get shipment confirmation of the replacement.
If necessary I'll call and bug them; however, I will say they got back to me on my sale matching request first thing this morning (I sent the e-mail after business hours last night), and got the refund confirm before noon. If they're half as responsive about this problem, a call probably won't be needed.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If necessary I'll call and bug them; however, I will say they got back to me on my sale matching request first thing this morning (I sent the e-mail after business hours last night), and got the refund confirm before noon. If they're half as responsive about this problem, a call probably won't be needed.
That was my expectation in 2007. They were incredibly responsive before the sale, as well as when I initially had an issue with my first RPA-1. Five minutes after a response from them, the unit failed and power surged my speakers, and I e-mailed them back immediately to let them know. No response. For days. To any e-mails sent. Fast forward five days ahead when I called and was told that my e-mails about it failing had ended up in their spam filter. Really? I call BS...unless their filter is set up specifically to weed out any e-mail that contains words related to failures and desired returns. Then, on the phone with Lonny, he told me that they'd send me one out right away. Awesome. Faith restored. Until they didn't. When I called back to check on the tracking number, I was told that, "Oh, he forgot to send it." Hence, my recommendations. Hopefully they've gotten better about customer service. I gave them another chance when I bought the IPS, and got even more runaround on that one.[/VENT]

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
You know, I'd make some joke about them giving you the shaft, but somehow with your experience, it seems a little less funny.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
You know, looking at my little stack of separates, it makes for an attractive paper weight if nothing else.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
While FB stalking to see if I could find your wife's b-day before asking, I came across pictures of you in Batman pants. Best Friday ever. :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
As it happens, it is now her birthday in my time zone.

PS: I have a matching shirt too. :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Tell her happy birthday for us! Hey, it might buy you another five or ten minutes on the forum next time. :D
Will do. I'm sure she'll appreciate it coming from Amazon Guy :p

Seriously, I hope that she has a great day.
"Here's your new XDA-2 honey!!! Sorry it's broken...." :D

Actually her folks are in town, and we'll all be hitting up a local driving range in the morning (which means I'll be headed off to bed here shortly), followed by a date.

Pictures or it's just a rumor. :p
I'm sure I'll get tagged in the full getup one of these good days :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Man sorry hope you can replace it soon. Many wishes to the Birthday lady.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Thus far, I have to say I'm not exactly overawed with the customer support. Not exactly the same caliber as SVS...

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Well I think Adam wants to see you as batman, sorry to read about you broken amp Steve

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis