Spam on Audioholics

Status
Not open for further replies.
jinjuku

jinjuku

There were some in this list already banned. The rest are now. The proper reporting mechanism is the reporting button. If you are saying that you are reporting and it's not getting handled then that's the convo we need to be having.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
I've been hesitant to post this, but at this point I no longer care. So here goes:

I reported about 20 or 30 spam posts one night several months ago only to get called an "asshole" by a moderator and suspended for a week.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
I still see spam posts in almost all the links its philip provided.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I still see spam posts in almost all the links its philip provided.
Are those members banned?

Dude, I just re-walked those posts that its phillip provided. What are you talking about? The are no links. I simply banned the member.

This now is what it is....

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
"Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!"
Funny love Monty Python but the issue isn’t. It’s One of the reasons some guys I know stopped communicating on social media. We can’t let the spammers ruin our fun.

jinjuku

jinjuku

One more thought: Gene and associates are consistently putting up content with merit (I appreciated the MCU editorial). The forum is a slice of the content pie that Gene offers.

The moderators do an unpaid job. If I see a report I act on it. If someone else acts on it I don't see it and vice-versa.

I'm sorry @Steve81 feels abandoned. No one should feel thankless or put upon. I know other mods have been left feeling burned out @Matt34.

There are certainly a list of members that I miss very much: @buckeyefan @Haloeb @majorloser and others that I can't remember their exact handle. If you are listening I hope you are doing well and at least pop back into to say hello.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
One more thought: Gene and associates are consistently putting up content with merit (I appreciated the MCU editorial). The forum is a slice of the content pie that Gene offers.

The moderators do an unpaid job. If I see a report I act on it. If someone else acts on it I don't see it and vice-versa.

I'm sorry @Steve81 feels abandoned. No one should feel thankless or put upon. I know other mods have been left feeling burned out @Matt34.

There are certainly a list of members that I miss very much: @buckeyefan @Haloeb @majorloser and others that I can't remember their exact handle. If you are listening I hope you are doing well and at least pop back into to say hello.
I see one of my post got culled by its Philip. It was about notifying members I might be tardy replying to to flying to the UK last summer.

I must say I don't see a lot of evidence of spa, that could just be me. Posts that really infuriate me are posts from "wire nuts" and their ilk.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I see one of my post got culled by its Philip. It was about notifying members I might be tardy replying to to flying to the UK last summer.

I must say I don't see a lot of evidence of spa, that could just be me. Posts that really infuriate me are posts from "wire nuts" and their ilk.
I remember some spammer posting a travel booking link in that thread. Sorry if one of your posts was caught in the clean up effort.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
All I can say is I highly appreciate the efforts of all AH mods and the fact they do it unpaid, simply due they care about this hobby. I know that constantly making efforts for weeding out bad seeds takes an effort, but I wanted to assure that at least I do appreciate it a lot. AH forums have a special place in my heart, highly irreplaceable by likes of AVS or ASR forums.

Thank you for all your hard work, and while I won't ask for it directly as I have very little of precious free time, but if you have no other choice, then you may ask of an assistance on the cleaning duty to keep this forum alive.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
All I can say is I highly appreciate the efforts of all AH mods and the fact they do it unpaid, simply due they carry about this hobby. I know that constantly making efforts for weeding out bad seeds takes an effort, but I wanted to assure that at least I do appreciate it a lot. AH forums have a special place in my heart, highly irreplaceable by likes of AVS or ASR forums.

Thank you for all your hard work, and while I won't ask for it directly as I have very little of precious free time, but if you have no other choice, then you may ask of an assistance on the cleaning duty to keep this forum alive.
I agree with everything you say.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Late to the party. I, like the other mods always respond to reports of spam threads. We have had some jerks posting lately on the political threads. Are you considering that spam? Trying to understand. I volunteered to be a mod a long time ago and expect no thanks. I just try to be fair if there is a complaint.

jinjuku

jinjuku

The posts that contain no links (spam) the users aren't banned. The posts that contain links (spam) are banned.

Out of your list there are two banned accounts.

If you have an actual point can you get to it? I feel like you are starting to waste my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis