Spam on Audioholics

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
It amazes me how much spam there is on this forum, and how many posters reply to spammers without realizing it.

It amazes me even more that the moderators are oblivious to the spammers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I see it now and then, and not sure if those answering aren't some sort of bot themselves sometimes....I'd bet they get a pretty steady barrage?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It amazes me how much spam there is on this forum, and how many posters reply to spammers without realizing it.

Do you have some examples of the posts?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

I report spammers constantly. Sometimes they get removed and sometimes they don’t. It is frustrating lol

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Do you have some examples of the posts?

Last edited:
B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, I have a hundred examples or more just in the last few months.

The mods just don't seem to care.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
The mods just don't seem to care.
We really don’t. The powers that be made it clear that the forum is dead and doesn’t matter to them. It’s not like they pay us, or even bother communicating with us (no feedback, no thanks, no nothing). The only reason I’m here at all is because I like a few of the denizens, and I have the leeway to post whatever I damned well please (within reason). Otherwise, I’d just stick with ASR.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Well, thanks for the honesty (I guess?!?!). That's kind of disappointing though. What's the point of being a volunteer moderator if you don't want to, well, be a volunteer moderator?

FWIW, AVS is even worse. Filled with fake accounts, but the mods say they are somehow "too busy" to bother removing any of them. Too busy doing what, I wonder?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
What's the point of being a volunteer moderator if you don't want to, well, be a volunteer moderator?
It’s a legacy from a different time. Once a moderator, always a moderator basically.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

So not the OP particularly, but some of those responding?

jinjuku

jinjuku

If it's reported it gets handled. Unless you think there is some other mechanism for moderators to avail themselves with.

I'm keen on your solution.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

I report spammers constantly. Sometimes they get removed and sometimes they don’t. It is frustrating lol
Everytime I've responded to one of your reports I've bulk, one buttoned, the spammer. Currently there is zero reports in the moderation board.

jinjuku

jinjuku

The only way I have of handling this is for member participation and use the reporting feature. Now if it was reported and another moderator simply rejected and marked it as resolved.

Well that's a failure on management side of the house.

I'll say this: We have a moderators only thread and it's not active the way it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis