So the Steam vent used for everything now?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I disagree :))). I think people show more restraint when the thread is in a specific section. Most threads in other sections are staying on topic. Back in the day subwoofer threads were hopeless. Everyone was at each others throats. Either way, there is a music section, use it. Inside jokes can still exist out side the vent', you just need to interlace it with the topic.

If those same people don't have respect and are continually guilty of the same crime, why are they still members? A properly functioning Moderator would have banned them.

SheepStar
I think your wound up a little to tight there Sheep.

Subwoofer flame wars are a little different then a music thread that went a little sideways with harmless fun.

And who really cares that it's in the Steam Vent section, or the Music section? There are far more important things in life to get your panties all wet over. Maybe it's the section the OP thought he would get more responses in.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I think your wound up a little to tight there Sheep.

Subwoofer flame wars are a little different then a music thread that went a little sideways with harmless fun.

And who really cares that it's in the Steam Vent section, or the Music section? There are far more important things in life to get your panties all wet over. Maybe it's the section the OP thought he would get more responses in.
How about... when I want to see a music thread, I don't have to look everywhere to find it, because someone wanted more hits? If you want more hits, make a catchy title, or get me to post in it, because everyone likes to correct me. I can look in the music forum and go "Hey, music threads! Whoda thunk it!".

All the off topic threads are getting pushed back by non stop music threads.

I'll wet my panties when I want to thank you very much! :rolleyes:

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
BEER! :D

I don't understand either. ignore me.
Oh... less then one if you average it all out... I rarely drink. Just camping and gatherings with friends. But I can't have any alcohol in me and drive, so most of the gatherings I go to sober, and leave sober.

SheepStar

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
How about... when I want to see a music thread, I don't have to look everywhere to find it, because someone wanted more hits? If you want more hits, make a catchy title, or get me to post in it, because everyone likes to correct me. I can look in the music forum and go "Hey, music threads! Whoda thunk it!".

All the off topic threads are getting pushed back by non stop music threads.

SheepStar
I understand your point about music threads.

But I don't understand "non stop music threads"? If you look at the Steam Vent now there is one thread that I agree should be in the music section. The "80's Music" thread. But what other threads belongs there? The "Name that Tune", IMO don't. And the "Why Do We Like Music?" thread IMO could go in either section.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I understand your point about music threads.

But I don't understand "non stop music threads"? If you look at the Steam Vent now there is one thread that I agree should be in the music section. The "80's Music" thread. But what other threads belongs there? The "Name that Tune", IMO don't. And the "Why Do We Like Music?" thread IMO could go in either section.
Any thread that pertains to music goes in the music section. You're discussing music... pretty simple. Leave off topic for off topic.

SHeepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Any thread that pertains to music goes in the music section. You're discussing music... pretty simple. Leave off topic for off topic.

SHeepStar
nice new avatar sheep.

hmmm, my 2 cents:

when I put up one of my subwoofer polls, I'd rather put it in the steam vent rather than the subwoofer forum because:
1st, I don't really need the newbie vote
2nd, though it's about a subwoofer, other people will not really learn anything from my thread ... therefore, instead of cluttering the other learning forums, I put it in the steam vent :)

re: the music threads, like mazer said, doesn't really talk about music per se (as per the music forum description), i consider the "name that tune" threads to be more of a game than anything.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
other people will not really learn anything from my thread ... therefore, instead of cluttering the other learning forums, I put it in the steam vent :)

re: the music threads, like mazer said, doesn't really talk about music per se (as per the music forum description), i consider the "name that tune" threads to be more of a game than anything.
We have a winner.

I think IMO Mike gave a very good answer to your question Sheep.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan

SHeepStar
It seems simple enough, don't it? Let me check.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Well since I'm the OP, I'll say why I started it here, if you read the the op I basically ask you to bash or glorify your favorite 80s band, I posted here because this wasn't a top 10 or best or whatever, it was supposed to be a place where you can trash or glorify what you thought were good or horrible bands of the 80s, unlike the other music threads where you're asked what's you're favorite musician, music style, genre, band etc. this thread I knew would get askewed since the 80s had some performers that over the years have become comic cliches for an era in music that was very diverse, at least more diverse than today. So is it about music? Yes, but it's also about the 80s and the weirdness (MJ, Boy George, Dead or Alive) that came along with it. The 70s had the hippies, pet rocks, 8-tracks, etc. Those are valid points if you post a 70s music thread as it's all intertwined. Hope it clears it up. If not just enjoy the trashing(or gloryfying) of the 80s:D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Well since I'm the OP, I'll say why I started it here, if you read the the op I basically ask you to bash or glorify your favorite 80s band, I posted here because this wasn't a top 10 or best or whatever, it was supposed to be a place where you can trash or glorify what you thought were good or horrible bands of the 80s, unlike the other music threads where you're asked what's you're favorite musician, music style, genre, band etc. this thread I knew would get askewed since the 80s had some performers that over the years have become comic cliches for an era in music that was very diverse, at least more diverse than today. So is it about music? Yes, but it's also about the 80s and the weirdness (MJ, Boy George, Dead or Alive) that came along with it. The 70s had the hippies, pet rocks, 8-tracks, etc. Those are valid points if you post a 70s music thread as it's all intertwined. Hope it clears it up. If not just enjoy the trashing(or gloryfying) of the 80s:D
imo Stratman was really posting about music from 200,000,008bc. :eek:

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
What amazes me is that a thread in the Steam Vent got closed (and after removal of my last post in it, to boot!) I thought that it was supposed to be the one area where anything goes.:confused:

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I'm suggesting the mods get a swift kick in the butt. If you're not going to do your job, I'd gladly step up to the plate and do it for you.

SheepStar
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

*breathe*

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

What amazes me is that a thread in the Steam Vent got closed
Remember, that it wasn't an original user-driven thread - it was one that was completely derailed form the original news item on which it was based. We're more lenient with user-started threads. And there are still limits even then.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
What amazes me is that a thread in the Steam Vent got closed (and after removal of my last post in it, to boot!) I thought that it was supposed to be the one area where anything goes.:confused:

What thread was removed? :eek: Joe Schmoe always starting trouble. Greg Too. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis