So the Steam vent used for everything now?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Come on, how many music threads are going to pop up in the steam vent before no one is posting in the music section? The steam vent is for OFF TOPIC, as in, stuff that wouldn't be covered in a pre-existing forum.

SheepStar

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I guess I consider the steam vent to be a native's retreat from the tourists.

Some of the stuff that is said in the steam vent is so unrelated to the premise of this site or so unintelligible to a typical passersby because of "inside humor" or the requirement of familiarity with other long term members justifies the fact that recent posts were started there.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Come on, how many music threads are going to pop up in the steam vent before no one is posting in the music section? The steam vent is for OFF TOPIC, as in, stuff that wouldn't be covered in a pre-existing forum.

SheepStar
Are you stating that the Moderators aren't doing their job and moving the topic (thread) to the right area? :eek:

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I would agree with you Sheep...until you read what Strat and Tom posted in his 80's "music" thread. If that were placed in the music thread, it would be popped into the Vent because of the last page of off-topic "stuff." :confused:

majorloser

majorloser

Yep.

SheepStar
I see nothing wrong with music threads here. Especially when they have nothing really to do with music.

Just like a thread that has to do with forum business should be posted in the "Site Suggestions & Feedback" forum.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Just like a thread that has to do with forum business should be posted in the "Site Suggestions & Feedback" forum.
Zing. Just for the record, majorloser, I believe you all are doing a fine job here. I also detected a hint of humor/sarcasm in Sheep's post...sometimes my radar is off.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja

SheepStar
Aw come on Sheep! Let us share space in your "garage", we'll be quiet, I promise. And besides the 80's music thread degenerated into a discussion about Depends and Swifters and what they're used for when a person "farts dust" which in itself is not very musical, for the notes tend to come out "dry" and flat.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I see nothing wrong with music threads here. Especially when they have nothing really to do with music.

I'm suggesting the mods get a swift kick in the butt. If you're not going to do your job, I'd gladly step up to the plate and do it for you.

SheepStar

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief

That's more than just pretty funny. It's downright hilarious.:D

Yo, Sheep; I'm not trying to be smart, but just what do you deem worthy of being in the Vent? You dislike the religious and political threads and now the music ones that are severely hijacked. Just curious:confused:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
That's more than just pretty funny. It's downright hilarious.:D

Yo, Sheep; I'm not trying to be smart, but just what do you deem worthy of being in the Vent? You dislike the religious and political threads and now the music ones that are severely hijacked. Just curious:confused:
The thread would have stayed on topic had it BEEN in the music section. Every steam vent thread turns into a disaster.

Religious and political threads shouldn't even be on this site. Not my call, but every time it's the same people throwing the same crap back and forth. If you want to do that, go to a political forum. It will get to the point of pure hatred, and then the audio side of the site will suffer.

SheepStar

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
It will get to the point of pure hatred, and then the audio side of the site will suffer.
Sheep, you have a valid point and raised a valid concern. The mods here are at the top of their game, and I am sure they will thwart any such conspiracy well before it could ever get out of hand. :p

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for the reply. I think that people will be people. If the thread gets off topic in the Vent, it will in the Music section, also. As for people hating others b/c of their religious or political beliefs, well, the same ones that hate b/c of that will hate people for their choice of gear, also, if it happens to not be what they like, I believe. It has a lot to do with maturity and respect. I respect other's opinions reguardless of whether I choose to agree with them or not.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the reply. I think that people will be people. If the thread gets off topic in the Vent, it will in the Music section, also. As for people hating others b/c of their religious or political beliefs, well, the same ones that hate b/c of that will hate people for their choice of gear, also, if it happens to not be what they like, I believe. It has a lot to do with maturity and respect. I respect other's opinions reguardless of whether I choose to agree with them or not.
Really? I'm impressed. Truly impressed.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I disagree :))). I think people show more restraint when the thread is in a specific section. Most threads in other sections are staying on topic. Back in the day subwoofer threads were hopeless. Everyone was at each others throats. Either way, there is a music section, use it. Inside jokes can still exist out side the vent', you just need to interlace it with the topic.

If those same people don't have respect and are continually guilty of the same crime, why are they still members? A properly functioning Moderator would have banned them.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis