Play Room/inhouse Daycare

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
mulester7 said:
.....the Crusades were in a barbaric time under different covenants, Jaxvon....and Hitler was a Christian???.....
True. And secondly yes, though his devoutness is questionable. In any case, I'm not arguing that Christianity caused the Holocaust or any other large "holy war", but rather that it played a role, sometimes a key one, in the decision to go to war.

By the way, as far as Islamic states all being autocratic...

Iran used to have a democratically elected leader, but he wanted to get a fair price on the oil he sold to us. So we ousted him and installed a dictator that would better suit our needs.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
jaxvon said:
Iran used to have a democratically elected leader, but he wanted to get a fair price on the oil he sold to us. So we ousted him and installed a dictator that would better suit our needs.
.....now you're getting down to the real deal, even though it will NEVER be admitted....then again, if you didn't vote for Insane Hussein, your legs got broke....I also believe his outlook on prices to come, call it Futures if you wish, wasn't going to be anything to do with "fair prices"....

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
mulester7 said:
.....now you're getting down to the real deal, even though it will NEVER be admitted....then again, if you didn't vote for Insane Hussein, your legs got broke....I also believe his outlook on prices to come, call it Futures if you wish, wasn't going to be anything to do with "fair prices"....
Mule, that was Iran, not Iraq. Everyone knew that Iraq had a joke of a democracy.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
jaxvon said:
Mule, that was Iran, not Iraq. Everyone knew that Iraq had a joke of a democracy.
.....aaahh, sorry, not using glasses....isn't Iran somewhere just above Canada?......

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....aaahh, sorry, not using glasses....isn't Iran somewhere just above Canada?......
Little to the right.

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
HISTORY OF MATH IN THE UNITED STATES:

Last week I purchased a burger and fries at McDonalds for $3.58.

The counter girl took my $4.00 and I pulled eight cents from my pocket and gave it to her.

She stood there, holding the nickel and three pennies. While looking at the screen on her

register, I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters back,

but she called the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her,

she just stood there and cried.

Why do I tell you this? Because of the following evolution in teaching math since the 1950s:

Teaching Math In 1950

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is
4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1960

4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1970

$80. Did he make a profit?

Teaching Math In 1980

$80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

Teaching Math In 1990

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and
inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the
preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20.
What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation

after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger

cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers.)

Teaching Math In 2006

Un ranchero vende una carretera de madera para $100. El cuesto de la
produccion era $80. Cuantos tortillas se puede comprar?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
mulester7 said:
HISTORY OF MATH IN THE UNITED STATES:

Last week I purchased a burger and fries at McDonalds for $3.58.

The counter girl took my $4.00 and I pulled eight cents from my pocket and gave it to her.

She stood there, holding the nickel and three pennies. While looking at the screen on her

register, I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters back,

but she called the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her,

she just stood there and cried.
A similar thing happened to me a few years ago at a McDonald's.
In my case the girl was smart enough to actually eneter into the register $4.08. (Using your numbers Mule)
When she saw the change she owed me was exactly 50 cents she looked at me as if was a mental giant and had just discovered the exact value of Pi.
Very sad.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
NomoSony said:
A similar thing happened to me a few years ago at a McDonald's.
In my case the girl was smart enough to actually eneter into the register $4.08. (Using your numbers Mule)
When she saw the change she owed me was exactly 50 cents she looked at me as if was a mental giant and had just discovered the exact value of Pi.
Very sad.
.....NoMoSony, people have no choice but to play the game of life with the hand dealt to them in most cases....when I enter a fast-food establishment, I know already the persons I will deal with are making around minimum wage....those who offer a bright smile and wait on me to the best of their ability, I admire, and their example aspires me to handle myself in the same manner.....

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Agreed.
However what I find disturbing is walking into an establishment and instead of getting a smile from an admittedly underpaid paid person being greeted with attitude, bad attitude. The impression I get is "I'm too good for this".
I not arguing that in many cases people are dealt lousy cards. But just getting pissed off about it and blaming the the dealer ain't the way to go.
You choose to take the high road on most every situation. I've learned this from the tone of your posts. And good for you. Truly, I admire that.
I on the other hand I am far more cynical. And no apologies for that from me.
I just don't feel it's right to treat some one making minimum wage as if they're handicapped in some way.
My intention was was not fault the girl who was amazed by my "math skills".
It was intended, at it's most serious degree, as a commentary on education. But more than anything as what I thought was funny story. (OK not all that funny)

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
NomoSony said:
Agreed.
However what I find disturbing is walking into an establishment and instead of getting a smile from an admittedly underpaid paid person being greeted with attitude, bad attitude. The impression I get is "I'm too good for this".
I not arguing that in many cases people are dealt lousy cards. But just getting pissed off about it and blaming the the dealer ain't the way to go.
You choose to take the high road on most every situation. I've learned this from the tone of your posts. And good for you. Truly, I admire that.
I on the other hand I am far more cynical. And no apologies for that from me.
I just don't feel it's right to treat some one making minimum wage as if they're handicapped in some way.
My intention was was not fault the girl who was amazed by my "math skills".
It was intended, at it's most serious degree, as a commentary on education. But more than anything as what I thought was funny story. (OK not all that funny)
.....good thoughts well said, NoMoSony....I guess I'm a little sensitive toward someone working minimum wage, because that's what my ex is doing now....she's on her feet the whole shift, and grosses a whopping 56 bucks for 8 hours....and, it's apparently difficult to rise above minimum wage jobs once you're there, especially this day and time when jobs are scarce, and the total personage seeking work is large......

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
My target was the twenty something age group. I certainly did mean any offence to your Ex.
This thread has suddenly become dark. My fault. Certainly not it's intended purpose.
Truce??

Let's move on and leave the griping for the Steam vent.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
NomoSony said:
My target was the twenty something age group. I certainly did mean any offence to your Ex. This thread has suddenly become dark.
.....haha....hey, I knew you meant the younger set....my ex is actually doing ok, because I see to it....and, it was me who took things dark here, sorry....here we go......

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
NomoSony said:
.....NomoSony, you'll never know what that meant to me.....

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I know everyone that works at Mcdonalds so when I go (rarely), I'm spoiled.

If you want competent "fast food" go to subway. They have to MAKE the food.

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....the guy's name is Josh Groben....he does a couple of songs "with" Charlotte Church on her DVD "Enchantment"....amazingly worth about 10 bucks at Amazon.com, the cheapest used one is all I ever order.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
...A new monk arrives at the monastery...He is assigned to help the other monks in copying the old texts by hand...He notices, however, that they are copying copies, not the original books...So, the new monk goes to the head monk to ask him about this...He points out that if there was an error introduced in the intermediate copies, that error would be continued in succeeding copies...

...The head monk says, "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son"...So, the head monk goes down into the cellar with one of the copies to check it against the original...Hours later, nobody has seen him...So, one of the monks goes downstairs to look for him...He hears a sobbing coming from the back of the cellar, and finds the old monk leaning over one of the original books, crying...He asks the head monk what's wrong. The old monk says, "The word is celebrate".....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....well, I'm gonna' step out on a limb here, and say Union Pacific/NLR took a pie in the face yesterday....I was called from the supplemental board to dogcatch the 57 Local on into the NLR terminal, with me going on duty at 10:40a....I showed up at the Locust Street bullpen/lunchroom at 10:30, got on the computer to pull up the paperwork, and in walks the crew of the 57 Local....I called the dispatcher for the West End and asked what the deal was....the dispatcher said the Local made it to NLR just fine....hmmm....I then called the Command Center at NLR, and asked what was up....he said he was unaware the Local made it, and he told me he had dispatched a yellow cab to go pick up the Local crew 70 miles away at the Worthen siding, haha....we usually use AAA vans, but sometimes the dollar-a-mile private cabs are called....the yellow cabs have no railroad radios in them, and Worthen is a dead spot for cell phone usage....shoot, that cab driver may STILL be at Worthen looking for the Local crew, haha....we went on duty at 10:40a, and were released with full pay at 12:15p....UP usually does a good job of inner-communication, but it shore didn't happen yesterday.....

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....I sent Brian a personal check last night for the Nikon D200 body, the battery that came in the kit, and a 1 gig memory card Brian said was ultra-fast....and, there could be a lens shoot-out right off the bat....I have this 85mm 1.4 Nikkor fixed focal-length manual lens from the '70's, that the photography world at that time acclaimed was the best wide-open image-quality to be had....Brian is considering sending his Sigma 105mm 2.8 fixed focal-length lens to take on the Champ, and possibly the Sigma could be sent home with a well-whupped head....I'm tickled and looking forward....I will let members here vote on which lens they like best....I plan to shoot the skyline of Little Rock at night AND during the day, for one test....I guess some will have to use ear-plugs to feel the test fair....I'll also shoot the Arkansas State Capital in Little Rock both day and night with the two lenses, and I tell you right now, I'll be going after image quality to the point of taking off even protective filters that are only rated glass....Guys, avoid filters if at all possible, because it's only another layer of glass to have to try to get final image-quality through, UV on hazy days, sure....polarizers are TWO extra layers of filter to try to get image quality through....the picture's color saturation and clarity "will" improve with a polarizer, but "only" when it is "needed"....make sure you need it, just hold it up to the lens and twist the thing as you look through the viewfinder, but the actual image-quality takes a dump whether you can see it every time or not, and you should see it on a lot of the shots when you use a polarizer, imo......my two manual lenses, I also have a Nikkor 135mm 2.0 from the '70's, can be used with the D200 in Aperture-Priority Auto-Mode....so past manual-focusing, which I love to do, that takes it to maybe one more shot pushed either direction....I can't wait to have manual White Balance to have control over the "hues" of colors, both day and night....both my 85 and 135 take 72mm filters, so they grab a larger hunk of the scene to be taken down to exit-pupil size, so I should have an edge there on image-quality....I'll try to find a way for the $20 Spiderman Watch W/Camera to act as a processing-megapixel-turbo, we'll see.....lens shootout comin', break out them swimsuits you single Ladies, let's see them hocks......what?....take pictures of you Guys???....fella's....listen....I hate to break this to ya', but glass in ANY lens will shatter.....

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....well, I just got called to take a train to Van Buren and then bring one back after stayin' in the motel....see ya'll about Friday noon....MAN, it's HOT here in central Arkinsaw....102 actual with a humidity factor taking it to 108....I just looked out the window and saw a dog chasing a cat, and hey, they were both walking....would I lie?....huh?....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis