Play Room/inhouse Daycare

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....well, Guys, it's time to put up or shut up concerning my sweet chicken sauce, "Nectar Of The Gods".....I'm gettin' in a bbq contest locally....it's being organized by concerns in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, and promoted by the most popular talk radio station in Little Rock....the actual cooking will be held outside Alltel Arena in North Little Rock, with judging both outside and inside the arena structure....I'll be entering two categories, chicken, and sauce....it is optional, and I suspect prudent, to enter the sauce category with chicken pieces using the sauce....the sauce category must be submitted at 10a....the chicken category must be submitted by 12p.....I'll simply charcoal three chickens for each deadline and submit....I'm excited....this is a passion with me, and it's high time to put my sauce against others....anyone can learn to smoke or charcoal meat, but the sauce must be killer to rank highly....yes Sir, I'm quite excited and anticipant....the first prize in the chicken category is $1000 and a trophy, with a $75 entry fee....if you do as well as third, you get your money back with a $75 dollar prize and a dinky-butt trophy.....the sauce category has a $500 first prize and trophy, with a $35 entry fee....once again, coming in third gets your money back and a dinky-butt trophy....here we go.....

.....edit....the contest is May 13th....I have to come up with pieces of chicken fat for smoking quickly.....

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

mulester7 said:
.....well, Guys, it's time to put up or shut up concerning my sweet chicken sauce, "Nectar Of The Gods".....I'm gettin' in a bbq contest locally....it's being organized by concerns in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, and promoted by the most popular talk radio station in Little Rock....the actual cooking will be held outside Alltel Arena in North Little Rock, with judging both outside and inside the arena structure....I'll be entering two categories, chicken, and sauce....it is optional, and I suspect prudent, to enter the sauce category with chicken pieces using the sauce....the sauce category must be submitted at 10a....the chicken category must be submitted by 12p.....I'll simply charcoal three chickens for each deadline and submit....I'm excited....this is a passion with me, and it's high time to put my sauce against others....anyone can learn to smoke or charcoal meat, but the sauce must be killer to rank highly....yes Sir, I'm quite excited and anticipant....the first prize in the chicken category is $1000 and a trophy, with a $75 entry fee....if you do as well as third, you get your money back with a $75 dollar prize and a dinky-butt trophy.....the sauce category has a $500 first prize and trophy, with a $35 entry fee....once again, coming in third gets your money back and a dinky-butt trophy....here we go.....

.....edit....the contest is May 13th....I have to come up with pieces of chicken fat for smoking quickly.....
There'll be a whole lot of unhappy people after you whoop their butt's and walk away with the grand prize!

Cake walk for a master like you.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
majorloser said:
Cake walk for you.
.....I think the sauce stands to open a few eyes, Major, but let me ask you an honest question....from the sample I sent you, did the sweet and sour have correct balance?....I'm serious, I'd much rather have the truth......

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
I'm surprised that Vancouver isn't in there.

SheepStar
.....Sheep, I remember most, the dark greenness of the trees, the Canadian pine trees that were amazing, and that bridge between Seattle and Vancouver after entering Canada.....great two days......

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Sheep said:
I'm surprised that Vancouver isn't in there.

SheepStar

I am darn impressed. Got my vote. That is a really nice pic.

majorloser

majorloser

mulester7 said:
.....I think the sauce stands to open a few eyes, Major, but let me ask you an honest question....from the sample I sent you, did the sweet and sour have correct balance?....I'm serious, I'd much rather have the truth......
Tasted great to me and loserwife!

I did kick up my portion a bit with some Magma pepper sauce (1,000,000 Scoville), but you have to remember that I love everything at spice levels that a normal human being would keel over dead with. A true pepper head.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
majorloser said:
I did kick up my portion a bit with some Magma pepper sauce (1,000,000 Scoville), but you have to remember that I love everything at spice levels that a normal human being would keel over dead with. A true pepper head.
.....Major, back in the mechanical dept on third shift, a few of us would put fresh whole jalepeno peppers in a blender with a few shakes of the tabasco bottle, pour it out in a bowl, and dip it straight with chips....sweat would literally RAIN out of my hairline and run down my face....one guy was so ugly sweat would only run down the back of his head, haha....seriously though, you sorta' got used to the burning to where it became only a sizzle, but that butthole still burned the next day....can't do that anymore, ain't got the cast iron stomach I used to have....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....go on, I'm reposting this one on the next page so it's not so wide....but the picture of Vancouver was worth it, thanks SheepStar/sometimes Jar....but oh, to be young again.....

.....Guys, I've got all my made-sauce on hold with this contest in a little over two weeks....I'm bringing down a load I just started that should end up with about 10 gallons, but I'm not for sure it will be ready by the 13th....I bring down an initial watery load of 24 quarts, that fills the 24 quart pot to the absolute top as it sits on a smaller width, but adequately-sized, hot plate....and yes, the hotplate would support a pot containing a graveyard dead skinned and washed King Kong....I feel it's paramount to bring this initial load down very slowly....on very light heat.....I've stepped this initial load up a hair on the heat, to try to have the option of freshly made by contest time....but I think I will probably use what I have already made since it's had time for for the sour side to mature, and I sweeten it up a bit, with more light brown sugar and baker's grade honey, too late for rendered down grape jelly, don't dare use jam, jam burns....I could probably go much warmer since there's no flour involved, even in the mustard, a gallon and six cups up front taken watery....real watery.....but what you get at around half-full rendered down is grand indeed....then the ketchup filler I use is seperately double-boiled down by 1/3, and it takes on a totally different flavor that's still "quality"....it thickening up was ok, but the best result is the flavor....you can add drained hamburger and erregano, maybe it's arregano, or oregano, anyhow, and you get a very quality spaghetti sauce....the ketchup must be double-boiled down....the flour in ketchup which is considerable, goes to burn quickly with direct heat....in two minutes, with "normal" heat, it can go to the bottom being burned black an inch or two thick, truth, hello, disposal....I'm thinking about only entering the sauce division, but you can't beat charcoal smoke by the right methods, and I may go for the chicken category too, and put my chicken up against guys with grills in big trucks, ya' know?.......I'm thinking about serving the judges charcoal smoked chicken wing drummies, gizzards and livers, with no sauce on any of them, plastic forks and knives on the side, and a measure for dipping in front of each judge....almost everyone likes one or the other on gizzards and livers, and there's wing drummies for the guteral abstaining dissiminent, haha....the judges will fork their choice, maybe cut it smaller first, and go to the sauce warmed only warm, sitting in front of each judge in a styrofoam bowl/cup....when this segment is fully completed, there will only be a scant few of the walking-wounded....then, to ice the prize, when my turn comes to be judged, each of the four judges would be handed right before my chicken and sauce boxes are opened, an ICE-COLD, fresh out of ice/water in a sty cooler, a Nehi Peach Drink that comes in a big bottle, still drippin ice water.....at that point it'll be bring in the wagons and start loadin' bodies....no proofread......

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Guys, I've got all my made-sauce on hold with this contest in a little over two weeks....I'm bringing down a load I just started that should end up with about 10 gallons, but I'm not for sure it will be ready by the 13th....I bring down an initial watery load of 24 quarts, that fills the 24 quart pot to the absolute top as it sits on a smaller width, but adequately-sized, hot plate....and yes, the hotplate would support a pot containing a graveyard dead skinned and washed King Kong....I feel it's paramount to bring this initial load down very slowly....on very light heat.....I've stepped this initial load up a hair on the heat, to try to have the option of freshly-made by contest time....but I think I will probably use what I have already made since it's had time for the sour side to mature, and I sweeten it up a bit, with more light brown sugar and baker's grade honey, too late for rendered down grape jelly, don't dare use jam, jam burns....I could probably go much warmer since there's no flour involved, even in the mustard, a gallon and six cups up front taken watery....real watery from rooster sauce and vinegar and pineapple juice....that was the largest breakthrough I had....add pineapple juice right up front for the rendering-down, to turn the sour side pastel-like in taste....kinda' like a compressor does on voices, great blend.....when the initial rendering finishes, what you get is the pot half-full of good stuff....then the ketchup filler I use is seperately double-boiled down by 1/3, and it takes on a totally different flavor that's "quality"....use Heinz unless you honestly like another national brand of ketchup better....the ketchup thickening up is ok, but the great result is the flavor....at this point using the Heinz ketchup double-boiled down by 1/3, you can add drained hamburger, chopped garlic buds, and erregano, maybe it's arregano, or oregano, anyhow, and you get a very quality spaghetti sauce....the ketchup must be double-boiled down....the flour in ketchup which is considerable, goes to burn quickly with direct heat....in two minutes, with "normal" heat, it can go to the bottom being burned black an inch or two thick, hello, disposal, truth....I'm thinking about only entering the sauce division, but you can't beat charcoal smoke by the right methods, and I may go for the chicken category too, and put my chicken up against guys with grills in big trucks, ya' know?.......I'm thinking about serving the judges charcoal smoked chicken wing drummies, gizzards, and livers, with no sauce on any of them, plastic forks and knives on the side, and a measure of sauce for dipping in front of each judge....almost everyone likes one or the other concerning gizzards and livers, and there's wing drummies for the guteral abstaining dissiminent, haha....the judges will fork their choice, maybe cut it smaller, then go to the warmed sauce sitting in front of each judge in a styrofoam bowl/cup....when this segment is fully completed, there should be only a scant few walking-wounded....then, to ice the prize, when my turn comes to be judged, each of the four judges would be handed, right after fully tasting and analyzing my chicken and sauce, an ICE-COLD, fresh out of salted ice/water from a cooler, "Nehi Peach Drink" that comes in a big glass bottle, about 20 0z, still drippin' ice water out of that Igloo cooler.....Nehi Peach, ice-cold, is killer with bbq-anything.....at that point, it will be bring in the wagons and start loadin' bodies....

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Mulester7 said:
.....go on, I'm reposting this one on the next page so it's not so wide....but the picture of Vancouver was worth it, thanks SheepStar/sometimes Jar....but oh, to be young again.....
Actually, its Yar.

Thats only when I'm a pirate, matee.

SheepYar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Politics!

Actually this is kind of fun.

You'll be asked just 10 questions, and then it instantly tells you where you stand politically. It shows your position as a red dot on a "political map" so you'll see exactly where you score. The most interesting thing about the Quiz is that it goes beyond the Democrat, Republican, or Independent. The Quiz has gotten a lot of praise. The Washington Post said it has "gained respect as a valid measure of a person's political leanings." The Fraser Institute said it's "a fast, fun, and accurate assessment of a person's overall political views." Suite University said it is the "most concise and accurate political quiz out there."

It's at: http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

See if you land where you think you are politically.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Mule! That was AWESOME! I went and saw sand casltes that were like these. Very cool indeed.

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Guys, can you buy rendered-out chicken fat commercially like in cans or bottles?....not chicken broth, the pure straight liquid yellow chicken fat/oil stuff like that floats on top of the water after you've boiled a whole chicken.....anyone know a commercial outlet for that?.....

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
....."A person who doubts himself, is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain, by himself, being the first person to be convinced of it." - Ambrose Bierce.....

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....copied-and-pasted....

OT: .....InDa, I got second in sauce, and third in chicken in the sanctioned contest....and....now I'm hooked, haha....and Inda, I'm so stewpid....I didn't use the right kind of garlic powder in the sauce....trust me, next time I'll send 4 cups of sauce to the inside 4 judges, and not mess with optional meat submitted in a box....I'm convinced that the garlic taste second, and then a high explosion to a pristine and clean sweet with Field Clover honey on top and Baker's Grade honey right under it for a little cone/thrush taste , is a winner....McCormich "California Style" garlic powder....I'm sick I didn't add it 12 hours before the judges tasted it....the California Style is little dried-out and hard chunks of pure garlic about 5 times the size of salt....after soaking for 12 hours, each one is a soft sponge full of garlic to be mashed out into the mix....anyhow, I was stewpid to change....had some Lowry's that was fresh, and you know.....I'm experimenting with a marinade I didn't use last Saturday....the spices used are like a symphony orchestra....you got high and low voices, mid voices, smoothing, rounding, and blending voices....just don't go too heavy with the high-C trumpet paprika....McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning plays a mean double-bass.....Thyme plays a wonderful cello, and is like italian seasoning in a way, only cleaner with more vapor taste effect....I'll give the ingredients, amounts, and methods when I feel good about the marinade....still recovering from Saturday....old fart....no proof.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis