afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Here is the center. The water got higher than the TV and Turntable:

They will be missed...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The towers don't look bad at all in the picture. Are they permanently damaged?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Got it. The veneer is definitely coming off, but I'm wondering if the drivers and electronics are still okay. Just curious if you can salvage those for now until you get some new speakers.

C

crzycuyler

Audioholic Intern
So I have a more fair comparison question: Pioneer SP-FS52 vs Polk Audio RTi A5?

And would the Polk Audio PSW125 be a decent subwoofer for either speaker? Remember I get quite a bit off the price and am therefore not really considering it at its full price.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
So I have a more fair comparison question: Pioneer SP-FS52 vs Polk Audio RTi A5?

And would the Polk Audio PSW125 be a decent subwoofer for either speaker? Remember I get quite a bit off the price and am therefore not really considering it at its full price.
You are still going around in a circle.

Skip the Polk sub, and get a better sub.
I would not mate Pioneer with weaker/cheap subs.

C

crzycuyler

Audioholic Intern
You are still going around in a circle.

Skip the Polk sub, and get a better sub.
I would not mate Pioneer with weaker/cheap subs.
It looks that way, but I am really just eliminating thought processes and coming closer to deciding. I'll be straight with you though, I can get the Polk sub for 60% off its retail price of $349.99. You can do the math. Two of these subs wouldn't make up for anything?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
It looks that way, but I am really just eliminating thought processes and coming closer to deciding. I'll be straight with you though, I can get the Polk sub for 60% off its retail price of $349.99. You can do the math. Two of these subs wouldn't make up for anything?
It all comes down to you, and what will float you boat.:)

C

crzycuyler

Audioholic Intern
I feel like its dirty, but I think I may grab both speakers and test them side by side with this sub and return all of them, then purchase what I liked through the vendor's accommodations.

Also, I am very interested in how the FS52s perform at low volumes. There will be times when this performance will play a significant role in my enjoyment.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thank you Jeff. The forum members have been nothing short of wonderful here.:) No insurance, but hopefully FEMA can help.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thank you Jeff. The forum members have been nothing short of wonderful here.:) No insurance, but hopefully FEMA can help.
You're welcome, just talked with Kurt (PM'd me), I will do whatever I can;), I bet there is a long line with FEMA though.

C

crzycuyler

Audioholic Intern
I know the discount. Hard to pass up :D. If you don't like the polk's you can always sell them and make money since the discount is so bit. You should get a similar discount on the pioneer's. I know I did. There is an employee login on the pioneer site. If your boss can't find it, you should be able to contact your pioneer rep and get it from them.
I PM'ed you. Get back to me when you can.

B

boomhower

Audiophyte
Wow, that was a long read. I'm in the market for a 3.1 system with budget being a big contraint. Usage will be 90% TV/Movies/Gaming. I am a big autosports fan. I want to be able to enjoy everything from the shriek of F1 V10's to the rumble of Nascar V8's. Other than that just your typical home theater usage. Music use will be limited at best. Towers are not possible due to furniture. I'm debating between two B22's and a C22 or a pair of Polk Monitor 35's(essentially tsi100's) and a CS10.(can't fit a CS20 due to the furniture) Sub is going to be a BiC F12. From what I understand it's better for my usage as a good HT sub but not as good for music. Given the trade offs I would rather but butt shake on an explosion than tight controlled base on the tunes. Thoughts? (eventually it will be expanded to 5.1 as funds allow for a matching rear set of whatever fronts I get)

J

jennkel08

Audioholic Intern
PSB vs Energy vs Pioneer

Hey everyone I just sold a cheaper 5.1 setup to my cousin so I am now in the market for a new one.
I have a Yamaha Adventage RX-A710 as my AVR

I live in Seattle and over a year ago I went to the area where all the speaker companies are and had the chance to demo speakers. I even got to demo a pair of 250,000 dollar ones, INSANE. but anyways I fell in love with PSB's sound. However a full 5.1 setup with PSB would run me like 1200 and Im not quite sure I wanna spend that much but I am considering it after I found these (They aren't letting me post the link because im new) What it is though is a pair of PSB Image 4ts and a image center 8c for 550 for the lot on CL. I figured I could just get those and complete the set. But again, not sure if I wanna spend about 1200 on a system.

I am at the moment seriously debating between the Energy Take 5.1 classics or the Sp-PK52FS, The entire 5.1 setup to be exact. not just the towers or bookshelfs. So basically Im trying to decide between these 3 systems. Any advice?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
However a full 5.1 setup with PSB would run me like 1200 and Im not quite sure I wanna spend that much but I am considering it after I found these (They aren't letting me post the link because im new) What it is though is a pair of PSB Image 4ts and a image center 8c for 550 for the lot on CL. I figured I could just get those and complete the set. But again, not sure if I wanna spend about 1200 on a system.

I am at the moment seriously debating between the Energy Take 5.1 classics or the Sp-PK52FS, The entire 5.1 setup to be exact. not just the towers or bookshelfs. So basically Im trying to decide between these 3 systems. Any advice?
I would not compare small sub/sat speakers to the bigger speakers.
Go and listen to the PSB and Pioneers, and then decide. >> There is
someone at AVS, who prefers the Pioneer over PSB Image.

J

jennkel08

Audioholic Intern
Yeah understandable. And I have listened to PSB and I enjoy their sound. The only time Im usually bothered by speakers is when they are to bright or harsh at the upper frequencies (which is all personal preference of course). That's interesting though, care to link me to the thread where the person says that?

I mostly listen to rock, rap, electronic music. Stuff like that. Will the pioneers and the pioneer sub handle that well enough. Im fine if they cant like shake the house down but I dont want distortion or bad low end freqs when listening to heavy bass music.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah understandable. And I have listened to PSB and I enjoy their sound. The only time Im usually bothered by speakers is when they are to bright or harsh at the upper frequencies (which is all personal preference of course). That's interesting though, care to link me to the thread where the person says that?

I mostly listen to rock, rap, electronic music. Stuff like that. Will the pioneers and the pioneer sub handle that well enough. Im fine if they cant like shake the house down but I dont want distortion or bad low end freqs when listening to heavy bass music.
This is the subjective review link.
Pioneer's Speaker Genius Hits Low Price Point

The Pioneer can and will get loud - however, I do not reccomend them for head-banging levels.

Edit: > I do not reccomend the Pioneer subs.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis