Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General

Cream
Disraeli Gears

Release Date November, 1967
Duration33:37
Genre
Pop/Rock
Blues
Styles
Blues-Rock
British Blues
British Psychedelia
Hard Rock
Psychedelic/Garage
Regional Blues
Album Rock
Recording DateMay, 1967

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General

Grateful Dead
Aoxomoxoa

Release Date June 20, 1969
Duration38:07
Genre
Pop/Rock
Styles
Album Rock
Psychedelic/Garage
Alternative/Indie Rock
Country-Rock
Experimental Rock
Folk-Rock
Jam Bands
Recording Location
Alembic Studios, San Francisco, CA

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Raw Fender Strat, Fender (pre-CBS) Super Reverb amp, no effects. Gotta love that sound.

Ronnie Earl - Blues For the Homeless
I do love that sound. It was one of your recommendations that got me listening to Ronnie Earl.
I must confess I don't know what (pre-CBS) means, but I'll take it that CBS must have fouled something up or represents something fouled up. Whatever it is, Ronnie doesn't seem to suffer from it:)

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
killdozzer
Of all the selections I have clicked on in this thread, that one surely caught me by surprise.
I enjoyed the arrangement. The singer threw me for a loop. Is it in French?
I learn something everyday. I learned to click on more of your suggestions on this thread

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I do love that sound. It was one of your recommendations that got me listening to Ronnie Earl.
I must confess I don't know what (pre-CBS) means, but I'll take it that CBS must have fouled something up or represents something fouled up. Whatever it is, Ronnie doesn't seem to suffer from it:)
"Pre-CBS" meaning, before CBS bought out Fender. CBS had changed some of the amps designs to make them easier to manufacture.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
killdozzer
Of all the selections I have clicked on in this thread, that one surely caught me by surprise.
I enjoyed the arrangement. The singer threw me for a loop. Is it in French?
I learn something everyday. I learned to click on more of your suggestions on this thread
Thanks man. You shouldn't look for a translation if you're faint of heart. ;)

Yes, it's in French. The compilation shown on a YouTube video is a good place to start if you're up for some chansons: Charles Aznavour - 40 Chansons D'or

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
R-1354479-1346387027-4774.jpeg.jpg

also watched the documentary about "The Wrecking Crew", the session musicians behind this album. A nice way to start my Sunday morning.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis