Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Orchestra me this. It's things like this that would cause me to further get into this type of music.

The Rippingtons - Black Oak (Orchestral)

Anyway, I just bought the CD for the inclusion of orchestral versions of some of the other songs on the CD. Filled my house, it did! On some of the other tracks, it sounds like it may be another easy listening jazz session and then some shredding guitar appears, that is well done.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Had a girlfriend who liked The Rippingtons a lot, bought a few cds back then but haven't played them....in a really long time. Will have to queue one up soon to revisit....

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Had a girlfriend who liked The Rippingtons a lot, bought a few cds back then but haven't played them....in a really long time. Will have to queue one up soon to revisit....
I heard them back in the 80's only because I used to have to ride with the job foreman from Boulder to Keystone and all he listened to was jazz and I was not much into it then but I remember liking that pretty good.

Now with a better sounding system, I like it and a lot of other things I didn't used to care for. Most of what I have heard by them seems to be well recorded.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I listened to that CD today and have it on again now. I've gone thru the list of what's available on youtube a few times. Have bought two ("Fountain of Youth" and "Built to Last") so far. It makes these Tempest speakers sing.

It's good speaker building music. :)
The other one I have is Kilimanjaro which I skipped thru after listening to the other. It's just a bit too smooth for my taste, very nice production and all but just seems too....homogenized.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
The other one I have is Kilimanjaro which I skipped thru after listening to the other. It's just a bit too smooth for my taste, very nice production and all but just seems too....homogenized.
Some are almost repetitive to other works or filler for contract obligations but they span from the 80's until 2016, IIRC. I picked two that have a more modern jazz bent to them. The one cd that I posted the 'Soul Riders' song on it, I picked partly for that song and the couple short drum breaks in it, and the other, for the orchestral inclusions and guitar work. Some for the bass lines.

Haven't decided if there are others I have to have yet.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Was listening to the BD last night for the first time. As expected, from the very first notes the DTS-HD mix is impressive. I have a digital copy so I was familiar with many of the tracks already, but the BD is definitely the way to go. I love this album already.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Was listening to the BD last night for the first time. As expected, from the very first notes the DTS-HD mix is impressive. I have a digital copy so I was familiar with many of the tracks already, but the BD is definitely the way to go. I love this album already.
Not that I needed much encouragement but just ordered the BR. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis