Official Northwest Audioholics Get Together

majorloser

majorloser

I'm glad he's finally accepted that we're taking over his bedroom, too. :D

majorloser

majorloser

I really wish I could go
There's always room for one more. :)

The list of attendees is still growing. :D :eek: :)

If anybody else is still interested, please feel free to send me a PM along with your e-mail address and the amount of people in your party. I'll make sure to snd you back the address and directions.

We're getting lunch catered on Saturday, so an acurate head count is important. :cool:

Last edited:
AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
I'm glad he's finally accepted that we're taking over his bedroom, too. :D

...and the laundry room, too. My wife is still wondering why she can't open the new Velodyne washer and SVS dryer to wash clothes. :D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I guess there is no need for me to bring along my M60's now... :D.

Also, I am just about ready to book my room somewhere... any group discount rates set up for AHA folks?

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Calling:

ArthurDent (Audio Circle)
Skeeter99 (Tweak City)
Mukaudio (Emotiva Lounge)

I was wondering if you want to get together for driving and rooming options for the GTG? Maybe we can meet up in somewhere in Seattle for beers and get introduced.

Cheers.
Rohit

M

MukAudio

Audiophyte
Calling:

ArthurDent (Audio Circle)
Skeeter99 (Tweak City)
Mukaudio (Emotiva Lounge)

I was wondering if you want to get together for driving and rooming options for the GTG? Maybe we can meet up in somewhere in Seattle for beers and get introduced.

Cheers.
Rohit
Great in theory, but unfortunately I live in North Idaho. :) It appears that <b>Jake J</b> is along my route so maybe that would be a possibility.

Mark.

F

Funkmonkey

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys... for months I have been planning on attending the GTG, but as it draws closer I am not sure that I will be able to make the trip. A few things have come up that may prevent me from being there. I most likely will not be sure until a week or so before the event. I hope that it all works out and I can make it, but I just wanted to give the organizers a heads up at this point.
Cheers,
Greg

majorloser

majorloser

I know I've been slacking off. :eek:
I'm working on the final PM's and e-mails to all who have RSVP'd this week. I will be sending everybody the address and contact information for the event.

I will also be updating the list of attendees on the first page to indicate how many will be in your party.

PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP IF ANY OF THE INFORMATION IS INCORRECT OR YOU DO NOT GET CONTACTED BY THE END OF THIS WEEK.

I'm really getting psyched up for this trip. :cool:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys... for months I have been planning on attending the GTG, but as it draws closer I am not sure that I will be able to make the trip. A few things have come up that may prevent me from being there. I most likely will not be sure until a week or so before the event. I hope that it all works out and I can make it, but I just wanted to give the organizers a heads up at this point.
Cheers,
Greg
Greg,

Having a baby is the ONLY legitimate excuse for missing this! :D

How goes the missus and timing of the blessed event?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
We have a bit of a scoop to report, as the new Von Schweikert Vortex VR-3 preliminary specs are in. These are the newly designed units that will appear at the Northwest GTG for the first time in public! Photos should be available soon.

MODEL NAME – Vortex VR-3

SYSTEM TYPE - Transmission-line 10” 3-way tower speaker system. Designed for “close-to-wall” placement (i.e., boundary loaded).

CABINET DESIGN - Transmission line labyrinth for woofer tuning, 1” and 2” High Density MDF construction with Matrix Shelf Bracing (every 6”) for structural support. Sealed box midwoofer/midrange cabinet loading.

WOOFER - 1-10” Peerless (Denmark) carbon fiber/cellulose acetate pulp hybrid cone with Long Throw, Low Distortion Motor. Featuring raised spider for extra long throw, push-pull air cooling of voice coil, and Linear Suspension.

MIDRANGE - 2 – 6” proprietary coated paper bass-midrange drivers in Concentric Array (MTM) for high power handling down to 100Hz, designed in Denmark and fabricated to our specifications. Featuring Low Distortion Motors, raised spiders for extra long throw, push-pull air cooling of voice coils, and Linear Suspensions for low distortion at high volume levels. Special hybrid cone is laminated with carbon fiber based coating to neutralize any unwanted residual cone vibration.

TWEETER - 1” silk dome Wide Surround tweeter with novel Dual Ring design featuring wide dispersion, extra-low distortion, low free air resonance, and high power handling.

CROSSOVER - Patent-pending Global Axis Integration Network, featuring high–slope performance combined with low phase rotation. Featuring audiophile-grade capacitors, inductors, resistors, and internal wiring.

CROSSOVER POINTS- 80Hz and 3.5kHz. (95% of the fundamental midrange response is recreated by the twin 6” high performance bass-mid drivers.)

IMPEDANCE - 8 Ohms nominal, (minimum impedance of 5 ohms at 25Hz tuning frequency).

FREQUENCY RANGE - 25Hz to 25kHz, +/- 2dB

POWER HANDLING - 25 watts to 200 watts recommended.

SENSITIVITY - 90dB @ 1watt/1meter (boundary loaded, i.e., placed against wall).

SIZE - 8” wide (front) x 16” wide (rear) x 12” deep x 48” high

WEIGHT - 102 lbs per side, unpacked. 125 lbs each in shipping cartons.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN- Made in USA by American craftsmen, using the highest quality European parts. NO CHINESE PARTS OR ASSEMBLY.

WARRANTY - Three years parts and labor.

majorloser

majorloser

UPDATED ATTENDEE AND EQUIPMENT LISTS

More to come!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

And now for something completely different...

I've been kicking around the idea of a bunch of us driving down to Newport, OR to visit the Rogue Ales Public House:
http://www.rogue.com

I don't know about you, but when I see that many beer taps on the wall it just poses a challenge waiting to be taken up.

I was thinking about either Friday evening after setup or Saturday around dinner time. Let me know what you think.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
We have a bit of a scoop to report, as the new Von Schweikert Vortex VR-3 preliminary specs are in. These are the newly designed units that will appear at the Northwest GTG for the first time in public! Photos should be available soon.

MODEL NAME – Vortex VR-3

SYSTEM TYPE - Transmission-line 10” 3-way tower speaker system. Designed for “close-to-wall” placement (i.e., boundary loaded).

CABINET DESIGN - Transmission line labyrinth for woofer tuning, 1” and 2” High Density MDF construction with Matrix Shelf Bracing (every 6”) for structural support. Sealed box midwoofer/midrange cabinet loading.

WOOFER - 1-10” Peerless (Denmark) carbon fiber/cellulose acetate pulp hybrid cone with Long Throw, Low Distortion Motor. Featuring raised spider for extra long throw, push-pull air cooling of voice coil, and Linear Suspension.

MIDRANGE - 2 – 6” proprietary coated paper bass-midrange drivers in Concentric Array (MTM) for high power handling down to 100Hz, designed in Denmark and fabricated to our specifications. Featuring Low Distortion Motors, raised spiders for extra long throw, push-pull air cooling of voice coils, and Linear Suspensions for low distortion at high volume levels. Special hybrid cone is laminated with carbon fiber based coating to neutralize any unwanted residual cone vibration.

TWEETER - 1” silk dome Wide Surround tweeter with novel Dual Ring design featuring wide dispersion, extra-low distortion, low free air resonance, and high power handling.

CROSSOVER - Patent-pending Global Axis Integration Network, featuring high–slope performance combined with low phase rotation. Featuring audiophile-grade capacitors, inductors, resistors, and internal wiring.

CROSSOVER POINTS- 80Hz and 3.5kHz. (95% of the fundamental midrange response is recreated by the twin 6” high performance bass-mid drivers.)

IMPEDANCE - 8 Ohms nominal, (minimum impedance of 5 ohms at 25Hz tuning frequency).

FREQUENCY RANGE - 25Hz to 25kHz, +/- 2dB

POWER HANDLING - 25 watts to 200 watts recommended.

SENSITIVITY - 90dB @ 1watt/1meter (boundary loaded, i.e., placed against wall).

SIZE - 8” wide (front) x 16” wide (rear) x 12” deep x 48” high

WEIGHT - 102 lbs per side, unpacked. 125 lbs each in shipping cartons.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN- Made in USA by American craftsmen, using the highest quality European parts. NO CHINESE PARTS OR ASSEMBLY.

WARRANTY - Three years parts and labor.
Thank God the Godless Commie Slavemasters are out of the picture!:cool:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I've been kicking around the idea of a bunch of us driving down to Newport, OR to visit the Rogue Ales Public House:
http://www.rogue.com

I don't know about you, but when I see that many beer taps on the wall it just poses a challenge waiting to be taken up.

I was thinking about either Friday evening after setup or Saturday around dinner time. Let me know what you think.
Nice!
This is really getting tempting.
Why wasn't this the second post in this thread?!:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis