Looks like I am losing my Audioholics status

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Greg. Good luck with the reno. We go through ups and downs with how much our theater gets used. No changes there for the past year and a half. I keep going back and forth on selling my office system as well because it just seems too good for what I do with it.

Keeping the lady happy is always important and hobbies change. Who knows you may end up with a decent little listening room down the road.

On another note I am bidding on another new bike frame and fork today. Hoping the price stays under a grand and it will be mine. :cool::D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yes sir. Remember, I had a nice system once, we sold the house and I sold all my gear and I didn't have anything for about a year. Then I added a HTIB and a small LCD on the fireplace 10 feet up in the air. I got on this site and gradually spent $25,000 over the years and bought, sold and traded a lot of stuff along the way. Honestly, it was more fun when this was a very active site with all the old gang kind of one-upping each other. I am just bored with it for now but I am actually excited about trying to build a nice sounding, hidden system.

Show me where that bike is and I will try to out bid you, that will be fun. Once my Achilles healed up I started back on my mountain bike and haven't been back on the road. My wife always takes 2 months off the bike during winter but she starts back tomorrow so we will get a good road ride in. That will be a fun change unless the wind is blowing 35 mph like it is today.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I don't take credit cards anyway...

...and...we can figure out a way to get it there. My friend, that is interested, grew up nextdoor to me and we have stayed tight all these years. In short, that means he may never remember to pay for any of it....
Haha. We could definitely figure something out if I was actually able to buy em.

Hopefully your friend enjoys them!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Ah, I did not fall for that. I did win the auction so now I have a couple of months to sell some stuff and hide the evidence.

As for the model of frame. Ridley Noah SL 2016 model and I got it for 800 and the MSRP is 3300. Happy man.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I should add, that my post was not in criticism of the OP. The title was somewhat misleading, as if you were being forced to give it up. I replied in the event of such an outrage, or otherwise blatant hen-peckery.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Actually, my bedroom... I have had some very decent results.
It always comes back to that, doesn't it. ;)

Dawg, it sounds like you've thought this out. To me it's not particularly unusual to see a guy dive into a hobby, eventually wear the "new" off it, drift out, then dive into something else. I understand. Interests and priorities change. It is what makes us interesting.

I'm just wondering what might be next for you. Somehow I get the feeling you'll latch onto something before too long.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Im crossing my digits hoping for good luck in your transformation. (leave it alone Alex...)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ah, I did not fall for that. I did win the auction so now I have a couple of months to sell some stuff and hide the evidence.

As for the model of frame. Ridley Noah SL 2016 model and I got it for 800 and the MSRP is 3300. Happy man.
Wow, Competitive Cyclist has it for 40% off and it's still $2,280. What a deal. If it's a 56 you will sell to me for $600 or I tell your wife.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It always comes back to that, doesn't it. ;)

Dawg, it sounds like you've thought this out. To me it's not particularly unusual to see a guy dive into a hobby, eventually wear the "new" off it, drift out, then dive into something else. I understand. Interests and priorities change. It is what makes us interesting.

I'm just wondering what might be next for you. Somehow I get the feeling you'll latch onto something before too long.
Nothing is really sticking out as a new hobby right now. I guess fitness has taken a front seat to most other things to me right now.

Last 4th of July, we were having a party and I looked in the mirror and didn't like how I was looking. I put down my drink that day and went on a very healthy diet and cut the booze way back. I scheduled a doctor appointment the next week as I hadn't had blood work done in a few years.

Weight: 206
Body fat: 22%
BP: 150/92
Fasting blood sugar: 132
Cholesterol: 232
Triglycerides: 270

6 months later I had it redone

Weight: 188
Body fat: 13%
BP: 121/70
Fasting blood sugar: 88
Cholesterol: 165
Triglycerides: 63

I have always been into fitness but I had been drinking too much especially when I was sidelined with my injury. I never paid too much attention to my diet and I figured all my riding took care of everything. I was pounding down carbs since I was a "cyclist".

I have kept on a very good diet plan since July 4. I eat a very simple diet of non processed food and keep my protein high and my carbs low and a lot of health fats. I eat small meals but eat between 7 and 8 times a day. I have one cheat meal/week where there are no rules. I also try to limit myself to 2 glasses of red wine when I drink but at times the whiskey still ends up in my belly.

I have really gotten back in the gym and I have a good balance between weight lifting, Cycling and Yoga.

Yesterday I did my weight and Body fat comp:

Weight: 179
Body fat: 10%

I actually want to gain 5 lbs back at this point as I don't have much "reserve" when I am on the bike.

So maybe my hobby is just fitness right now which has always been a big part of my life but now I am also looking at health along with it.

I am 52 years old at 10% fat and pretty good size muscles with crazy vascularity, I still whip on the "young ones" in my career and always on top of the National leader board in sales and I love my wife more than I ever have and our relationship is very strong. I am just pretty dang happy in life right now.

Oh...and I want a Porsche and usually when I want something it ends up in my house or in my garage and I don't deal with my discussing with my wife until see walks in and sees it. This step could hurt a couple of the points I made above.:eek:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I would if I could!
I take payment plans...

My buddy texted last night and said his wife said he couldn't spend anywhere near that for his HT. She was thinking maybe $500-$800. I just laughed and said "yep, a lot of us started right there".

I guess I need to list everything and see if there is an interest. I doubt that I am going to ship 180 lbs of sub and 200 lbs of speakers. I probably would ship the Rotel though.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Impressive numbers on your health stats. Especially at 52. I don't think most of the world is anywhere near there.

Just curious, but what do you think cut your cholesterol down so much?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Impressive numbers on your health stats. Especially at 52. I don't think most of the world is anywhere near there.

Just curious, but what do you think cut your cholesterol down so much?
Diet and less drinking and a lot of healthy fats. (Olive oil, almonds, Walnuts, Chia seeds and Flax seeds)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry, late to the party!

You need to post a photo of your wife in a bikini and high heels so we can determine if you have lost your mind.

But didn't you have a nice patio/pool system, or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
I had a buddy whose dad was an Architect. No matter what the question, no matter what the problem, if someone asked him how to solve some space problem in a private home, he would grab the proverbial bar napkin and start sketching. Then he would say the magic words:

"You put in an addition ... "

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Nothing is really sticking out as a new hobby right now. I guess fitness has taken a front seat to most other things to me right now.

Last 4th of July, we were having a party and I looked in the mirror and didn't like how I was looking. I put down my drink that day and went on a very healthy diet and cut the booze way back. I scheduled a doctor appointment the next week as I hadn't had blood work done in a few years.

Weight: 206
Body fat: 22%
BP: 150/92
Fasting blood sugar: 132
Cholesterol: 232
Triglycerides: 270

6 months later I had it redone

Weight: 188
Body fat: 13%
BP: 121/70
Fasting blood sugar: 88
Cholesterol: 165
Triglycerides: 63

I have always been into fitness but I had been drinking too much especially when I was sidelined with my injury. I never paid too much attention to my diet and I figured all my riding took care of everything. I was pounding down carbs since I was a "cyclist".

I have kept on a very good diet plan since July 4. I eat a very simple diet of non processed food and keep my protein high and my carbs low and a lot of health fats. I eat small meals but eat between 7 and 8 times a day. I have one cheat meal/week where there are no rules. I also try to limit myself to 2 glasses of red wine when I drink but at times the whiskey still ends up in my belly.

I have really gotten back in the gym and I have a good balance between weight lifting, Cycling and Yoga.

Yesterday I did my weight and Body fat comp:

Weight: 179
Body fat: 10%

I actually want to gain 5 lbs back at this point as I don't have much "reserve" when I am on the bike.

So maybe my hobby is just fitness right now which has always been a big part of my life but now I am also looking at health along with it.

I am 52 years old at 10% fat and pretty good size muscles with crazy vascularity, I still whip on the "young ones" in my career and always on top of the National leader board in sales and I love my wife more than I ever have and our relationship is very strong. I am just pretty dang happy in life right now.

Oh...and I want a Porsche and usually when I want something it ends up in my house or in my garage and I don't deal with my discussing with my wife until see walks in and sees it. This step could hurt a couple of the points I made above.:eek:
Impressive no doubt. Bear in mind Jim Fixx was 52 when he died of a heart attack. Pete Maravich was 40 when he died of an unknown heart problem. Fab Melo, former Syracuse/NBA player passed away at 26 of what is believed to be heart related issues. My former boss, slender, active tennis player, died in his 40's from lung cancer. Guy never smoked and was fastidious about what he ate and how much.

Point is the numbers are good but there are additional diagnostic tests that can be performed to look at your vascular system, heart, etc. even genetic testing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis