Looks like I am losing my Audioholics status

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So set up the Paradigm stuff out there! Or do you already have a nice garage system to enjoy while avoiding her living room?
I have a background system out there which is all I need. Belive me, I have to means to do about anything I want to do in life.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have a background system out there which is all I need. Belive me, I have to means to do about anything I want to do in life.
Except control the living room ;) I'm single, never mind me. No woman could influence that. Not one. Well unless she were 1/4 my age and wealthy and madly in love with me, I'm probably susceptible to that.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Except control the living room ;) I'm single, never mind me. No woman could influence that. Not one. Well unless she were 1/4 my age and wealthy and madly in love with me, I'm probably susceptible to that.
I could buy a house with a second living room or a HT room but remember from earlier...I don't wanna....

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
@ParadigmDawg:

While renovating the living room, kitchen, laundry, etc, just add the attic to the list. That'd be a great space to maintain your audiophilery I bet. And you can sell it to your wife by telling her that'll be the new location for the cable modem and wifi router. :) Or go one step further and move the office to the other end of the attic, and she can reclaim one of her bedrooms. It's win-win, really. She might even dig picking out the perfect wrought iron spiral staircase. The attic project will be ultra HGTV.

If not, you can always maintain your audioholic status with a nice headphone amp and pair of cans.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Even a sound bar would be better than in-ceiling speakers. Can't you do a sound bar?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
@ParadigmDawg:

While renovating the living room, kitchen, laundry, etc, just add the attic to the list. That'd be a great space to maintain your audiophilery I bet. And you can sell it to your wife by telling her that'll be the new location for the cable modem and wifi router. :) Or go one step further and move the office to the other end of the attic, and she can reclaim one of her bedrooms. It's win-win, really. She might even dig picking out the perfect wrought iron spiral staircase. The attic project will be ultra HGTV.

If not, you can always maintain your audioholic status with a nice headphone amp and pair of cans.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
That is actually one proposal that they will be bidding on but I am not certain that I even want to go that route but we will see.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Even a sound bar would be better than in-ceiling speakers. Can't you do a sound bar?
I don't buy into that. I have built some decent systems using inceilings. Actually, my bedroom system will give the average person's HT a run for it's money and it's 4 SpeakerCraft Aim 8's, a little Velo sub and a nice fat plasma.

Are they as good as free-standing, heck no but I have had some very decent results.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I could buy a house with a second living room or a HT room but remember from earlier...I don't wanna....
The builders will already be there- have them sneak an extra room onto the house- maybe below ground. (she doesn't need to know)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
A HT doesn't make me happy. It was cool in our last house as we had a HT room. I am ready for more furniture and a more normal living space now too since I don't really utilize it at this point. 90% of the time that I listen to music or watch TV now is out on the back patio or while in the pool.

My happiness comes from riding bikes and working out and some of my favorite times are when I am on an easy day and we just ride for a few hours together. We actually compromise to make each other happy while biking as I road bike with her because that's what she likes to do and she mountain bikes with me because I like it better. In the end, we are on a bike either way and that's where I normally want to be.

I know I don't have to justify myself to you but it's just not something I will miss at this stage of my life. If it were, I would make sure it stayed around.
Well, when you say things like "I am not winning this fight", it gives a reasonable person a different impression.

I miss riding a bike, a lot, but after three serious accidents, one resulting in a knee that doesn't work right anymore, I've sworn them off. Now that I'm in my sixties I don't heal as well as I used to.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I gave up my audio habit for 20 years due to work and sleeping babies. Then I built a killer one for the car and then I became single again. Now I have a PT GF for the last 18 years that I go visit a few times/year. Basically, the time we would have to spend together between raising our kids and careers. She would like something more permanent but the stipulation would hinge on me being able to include my hi-fi habit, garage or otherwise.

At times during my audio hiatus, the want was strong. Where I simply could not get ahold of quality sound and being subjected to the alternative. It wasn't pleasant. That means, what entertainment I did manage, was fraught with crappy speakers and endless advertisement, just like every other exposed and exploited drone in this country. Now I refuse to give it up. If I move in with her, one of those garage bays will be mine, an acoustically treated and comfortable man cave to beat all man caves.

I'm sorry but, quality audio/music has always been a profound source of life enrichment and quality down time and I sure have earned it. There are a lot worse habits a man can have. It always lends to something that is ultimately beneficial to her long term. Evident by the way she is treated like a queen, otherwise.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hey Greg. Good luck with the reno. We go through ups and downs with how much our theater gets used. No changes there for the past year and a half. I keep going back and forth on selling my office system as well because it just seems too good for what I do with it.

Keeping the lady happy is always important and hobbies change. Who knows you may end up with a decent little listening room down the road.

On another note I am bidding on another new bike frame and fork today. Hoping the price stays under a grand and it will be mine. :cool::D

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
A HT doesn't make me happy.

My happiness comes from riding bikes and working out and some of my favorite times are when I am on an easy day and we just ride for a few hours together. We actually compromise to make each other happy while biking as I road bike with her because that's what she likes to do and she mountain bikes with me because I like it better. In the end, we are on a bike either way and that's where I normally want to be.
paradigmDawg
We haven't met, and we don't know each other, but I respect your opinion and what you just said about your life and what makes you happy. knowing where your happiness comes from is a blessing that pays dividends every single day. Making someone you care about happy: that's good stuff right there. Stuff comes and goes: but the people who matter to you are precious. Two thumbs up from me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis