MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Attended the movie today with both sons. Loved it although if comparisons are needed the The Fantastic Four comes to mind. The theatre was pretty well packed and not just by young people. Got a kick out of the Wii in his lab/home.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Attended the movie today with both sons. Loved it although if comparisons are needed the The Fantastic Four comes to mind. The theatre was pretty well packed and not just by young people. Got a kick out of the Wii in his lab/home.
Take that back! FF is crap.

SheepStar

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I thought the movie was pretty slow & could/should have been much better,poor implimentation of an excellent plot.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Take that back! FF is crap.

SheepStar
No. Daredevil was crap. The Hulk was crap.

FF, although it deviated from the original story somewhat, was enjoyable and the banter between Torch and Thing was true to the comics. And the SFX were pretty good.

I thought the movie was pretty slow & could/should have been much better,poor implimentation of an excellent plot.
I've heard a few people with this complaint and I can't see it. I thought the pacing was very good with plenty of action. I often wonder if people who make that complaint are hyperactive in real life. :D

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I seen this movie today, It was a very good Movie! It is among some of MY favorite comic book turned movies. Some of the others are Spiderman, Hulk, Fantastic 4, and Spawn.

Peace,
Tommy

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I seen this movie today, It was a very good Movie! It is among some of MY favorite comic book turned movies. Some of the others are Spiderman, Hulk, Fantastic 4, and Spawn.

Peace,
Tommy
Hey Tommy it was a very good movie. I am really looking forward to the "Dark Knight" movie. Looks like it is going to be real good. Hope all is well my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Well, i gotta say, i like ironman better than FF. It's pretty slow but i think it is important as being the first part of a sequel/trilogy. Gotta agree with Sheep on this one.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Well, i gotta say, i like ironman better than FF. It's pretty slow but i think it is important as being the first part of a sequel/trilogy. Gotta agree with Sheep on this one.
You make it sound likes it's a bad thing. :)

SheepStar

T

tylerdurden

Audioholic Intern
Liked the movie and will probably buy it on dvd when it's released. Total junk food for the brain but sometimes it's just good to switch off the old head unit and enjoy. Did someone say they were making another? Boy I sure hope Tony finally gets to show Pepper what in his iron underoos.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now that the DVD is out, I finally got around to watching this last night. Maybe I was just too tired, but I felt a little let down. It was enjoyable, but it seemed a little slow. I'll probably watch it again this weekend and see if I like it better.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was just reading about this and they said the playback errors should have been fixed with respect to the BD Live features:

"The following is a statement from Paramount regarding the BD-Live functionality of Iron Man:

The Iron Man Blu-ray went on sale Tuesday and due to the overwhelming popularity of the release an unprecedented demand was placed on the BD-Live connection. The disc represents a truly state-of-the art Blu-ray presentation with a first of its kind BD-Live application. As such, the heavy amount of traffic strained the servers due to so many people heading to the same destination. The bandwidth capacity was increased in preparation for the release but the demand exceeded all expectations so capacity was expanded dramatically last night and local servers were established worldwide to accommodate all the fans. The issue should be completely resolved but if anyone experiences a brief traffic jam, we have provided consumers with a menu option during disc startup that allows them to go directly to the movie main menu or continue to download the BD-Live features."

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Bought it this weekend on standard DVD

Picture quality was good and teh soundtrack was phenomenal. Lots of deep wall shaking bass. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Another thoroughly entertaining mindless action flick that's a blast to watch.

itschris

itschris

Watched this weekend on regular DVD. I thought it was a great flick. I thought it good balance between action and story and had just the right amount of comedy (and actually the right kind of comedy).

Great movie I thought. I'll be picking this up in blu-ray. I think I'm gonna pick up the Sony 350 this upcoming weekend. It'll be the first movie I watch.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
MY BR copy should arrive today. I am almost finished the theater so I am planning to have this be the first movie we watch.:D:D

I hope the soundtrack is up to the task.:rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the movie was good, not great. Ultimately, the ending was easily expected and not quite "big" enough IMO. Downey's portrayal of Stark was the highlight IMO.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Just watched it last night. I agree with the reports of imbalanced audio... lower dialogue, and very hot running bass/LFE. Using TrueHD bitstreamed. Biggest "imbalance" of all the action movies I own. (Is this a "dialnorm" issue, and is it inherent to many THD tracks?).

Black levels or detail were very "light". I wonder if this is what they call clipped blacks? (can anyone tell me?).

I was wondering if they designed the AV for someone watching with an 8" HTIB subwoofer, in plain uncontrolled daylight.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it OK. Guffawed a few times . . .

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Just watched this on blu ray last night, and I thought it was excellent, and I thought the picture and audio quality was excellent. I very much enjoyed all the bass, and there was definitely plenty of it.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
While I was pretty disappointed with black levels, I did think the picture was quite filmic otherwise.

I watched Dark City last night, and the audio had much better balance with the MA track. I'm starting to wonder what they do with T-HD, and for me it begs a bit of research. I'm pretty sure there are a good number of complaints of how they are handling this codec. IMO, audio was done improperly.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis