mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I was able to watch Iron Man today in theaters ...

definitely a must buy on video for me. 10x better than fantastic 4 x 2 (that would be part 1 and 2 put together)!

lotsa bass! duh ... big "iron" men clanking around = lotsa bass!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
putting this on my list of must owns along with the "golden compass"

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i must add, that i like Robert Downey Jr. in this one :)

didn't want to add spoilers though ... i'll wait til more people watch this. :)

Matt34

Matt34

Can't wait, I have had a feeling this one was going to be good.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
me too. i usually don't make an effort to watch a movie unless i really like it or have a feeling it's gonna be good too :)

it was worth it.

IMO, better than a LOT of the other comic book movies. it can actually stand alone without the comic book backstory or comic book fans watching.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
For those of us that go to movies without a blind fold, how was the ACTUAL movie. I'm not talking about bass here.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
For those of us that go to movies without a blind fold, how was the ACTUAL movie. I'm not talking about bass here.

SheepStar
-way funnier than fantastic 4 (actually IMO, FF4 is crap compared to this one)
-robert downey jr. is a great actor
-i didn't even like the comic books because i didn't find the iron suit feasible, in this one they did a pretty good job convincing me
-the story stands alone, no need for comic book knowledge
-it might actually be better than spiderman 3
-nice cgi
-no super villain (so there's no need for two back stories in the movie)
-it just clicks together

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
-way funnier than fantastic 4 (actually IMO, FF4 is crap compared to this one)
-robert downey jr. is a great actor
-i didn't even like the comic books because i didn't find the iron suit feasible, in this one they did a pretty good job convincing me
-the story stands alone, no need for comic book knowledge
-it might actually be better than spiderman 3
-nice cgi
-no super villain (so there's no need for two back stories in the movie)
-it just clicks together
Excellent, I might be going tonight.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
wth.

i just heard there was something after the end credits.

someone stay after the movie and tell me what it is!

edit: did some internet searching, there really is something after the credits, but won't post about it (spoiler)

spoiler link: (highlight to see, don't highlight if you don't want a spoiler because it is part of the movie storyline)

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/30/dont-skip-the-iron-man-end-credits-samuel-l-jacksons-nick-fury-appears-after/

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Not to go off topic, but do you guys have access to movies where you are or are you waiting until you get back to check this out? Hope all is going well with you! How's the wife and "one in the oven"?

Back on topic, I saw the preview and that was enough to get me pumped about it. Can't wait to go see it. I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a Hospital Engineer's show next week. May be able to check it out one night.:)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Mike! I just got back, and YES, THERE WAS SOMETHING AFTER ALL THE CREDITS. They show Furry, the director of SHIELD.

Way to watch a movie :p
SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Mike! I just got back, and YES, THERE WAS SOMETHING AFTER ALL THE CREDITS. They show Furry, the director of SHIELD.

Way to watch a movie :p
SheepStar
so, did you like it?

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
mike c;408046-i didn't even like the comic books because i didn't find the iron suit feasible said:
How could the movie make it seem more feasible than the comic?

And again, my only problem with the movie is they've changed the story... again.

Iron Man originally created his suit as a pacemaker for his heart. At least that's how I remember it.

C

chris6878

Audioholic
After reading Planet hulk, World war hulk, and Civil war I really started to dislike Iron man. Did you all know he had a part in the death of captain america?!?
Still cant wait to see this.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
How could the movie make it seem more feasible than the comic?

And again, my only problem with the movie is they've changed the story... again.

Iron Man originally created his suit as a pacemaker for his heart. At least that's how I remember it.
in the comic book, the iron suit was created in the 19xx's ... here it had a modern setting. i mean, even the x-men is feasible to me ... see, it doesn't have to be feasible in real life ... just movie feasible.

they ALWAYS HAVE TO change the story a bit for movie purposes. and i don't mind, i'm not one of those comic book (or book) critics that whine when it's not exactly following the book. i don't care actually. :)

yes. see below. have you watched the movie? (don't want to give you spoilers)

Is that not also the reason in the movie, that is what I got out of the trailers I've seen.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Mike for the heads up. Now, I can NOT wait to see it. May go to the early Sunday movie and save a few bucks. :p:p Sounds like it may even be one to buy once it becomes available for home purchase.

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
I saw the movie this afternoon and collected the Iron Man comics in the 60s (Tales of Suspense, then the Iron Man and Sub-Mariner comic, and later his own title, The Invincible Iron Man). First this movie is excellent, possibly the best superhero movie I have seen. Second, they do a pretty good job in following the comic book from the 60s. In the 1963 comic, after being gravely injured by an exploding shell, Tony Stark was captured by "enemy forces" and forced to build a devastating weapon. Stark's injuries are dire and shrapnel in his chest threatens to pierce his heart. Another prisoner held captive with him, Yin Sen, constructs a magnetic chest plate to keep the shrapnel from reaching Stark's heart, thus keeping him alive. Stark then secretly designs and constructs a suit of powered armor. He then uses the armor to escape, although Yin Sen dies during the attempt. Stark takes revenge on his kidnappers, then heads back to rejoin the American forces. As such, the movie does an excellent job following the original story in Tales of Suspense #39 (though they changed the location from Vietnam to Afghanistan to make the story more current, and changed Sen from an Asian scientist to a Russian scientist). Robert Downey Jr. does an excellent job in playing Tony Stark. I won't say any more so as not to spoil the movie for anyone. However do stay through all the credits, there is an exciting surprise at the end. As a result, I can't wait until next year!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis