Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I finally watched it last night on BD. Good movie, not great, still very entertaining and the whole family can enjoy it. My biggest complaint was the audio played too low. I had to turn my reciever up 9db compared to what I usually listen to BDs at. The LFE was nice, had the whole place shaking. I'll watch it again.

Jack

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Watched it today- definitely agree with the comments on imbalanced audio. The bass was outstanding, but the rest was definitely weaker than I expected.

I also agree with the comment on the black levels- I kept wondering whether my TV was out of calibration. I actually had to throw another disc in afterwards just to make sure!!!

Gaigebacca

Gaigebacca

Audioholic
RE Audio

I thought for the most part, picture was great, and 90% of the audio was spectacular... except for what seemed like blatant holes to me in the audio... for instance:

When he is in the Mark I suit, escaping through the tunnel, a scene where an insurgent fires a G36 straight into his chest plate... the bullet fire is barely audible... if there at all... all you hear is the "thump" from Stark punching the guy... it is strange that this was left so blatantly out when just prior when Yosef (or whatever his name was) is running down the hall way firing into the air, the bullet fire sounds fantastic.

Also is it just me... and maybe my crappy sub, but did it seem like there was actually LESS bass on the really big explosions (the one at the end of the initial escape, and arc reactor) than there was on smaller things?

Just my $.02

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There is a dynamic level control on the PS3, essentially a "night" mode, that will limit your output from the PS3. Make sure this is OFF.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I had to turn my volume up too.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie.
There is a dynamic level control on the PS3, essentially a "night" mode, that will limit your output from the PS3. Make sure this is OFF.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Got the BR of this the other day, and my wife actually liked it. That's a first. I love this kind of movie, but except for my grandson, I'm the only one in my house. I thought the closing "Iron Man Theme" was a real downer. The mental image of Ozzie Osbourne prancing around with no shirt made me want to lose my lunch. One of the most pathetic figures in show biz, IMHO;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I liked it but then again...I had all the Black Sabbath 8 track tapes in my Trans AM during high school:D
The mental image of Ozzie Osbourne prancing around with no shirt made me want to lose my lunch. One of the most pathetic figures in show biz, IMHO;)

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Finally got to watch my Bluray last night with my guest for the first time, been holding off all week {only playing the first scene and the trailers to "test"}. Its a real treat with the Ultra, couple of memorable scenes that brought grins/chuckles to my friends faces- A} the sonic boom created by stark B} the outside shot of the cave as you can hear the foot steps as he making his way out of the cave, that was pretty darn cool, need to track down a few more rattles in the house! There are many good scenes to become new reference material.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
ironman

watched it lastnight on bluray, but had a problem with the audio. I kept hearing like a clicking noise in my front speakers in most of the movie. it didn't matter if the vol. was up or down but it drove me crazy. so I watch another movie after and it was gone.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
watched it lastnight on bluray, but had a problem with the audio. I kept hearing like a clicking noise in my front speakers in most of the movie. it didn't matter if the vol. was up or down but it drove me crazy. so I watch another movie after and it was gone.
I love your HT room. :D I clicked on it looking for the BDP that you use, but got the photo instead. PM on its way momentarily so as not to hijack.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the sound quality of Iron Man BD was pretty good, but not as good as Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 BD.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
so i was watching Iron Man BD last night. i was thinking, it was like watching the scenes with explosions with ear muffs on.

i checked all my receiver settings, DCX, amps, wiring ...

after the movie, i searched AH to find j_garcia's posts about turning off the dynamic thing on the PS3. (it was previously set to automatic)

questions/comments:
1) i watched Incredible Hulk BD, and was pounded to my seat ... you mean that was with limiting on from the PS3?
2) i ran the iron man scenes again with and without the dynamic limiting, it does seem the sound is better without the limiting.
3) i hate myself for wasting 2 hours watching with earmuffs on ... should i watch it again? because i was severely underwhelmed.
4) should i watch Hulk again? :D

Matt34

Matt34

so i was watching Iron Man BD last night. i was thinking, it was like watching the scenes with explosions with ear muffs on.

i checked all my receiver settings, DCX, amps, wiring ...

after the movie, i searched AH to find j_garcia's posts about turning off the dynamic thing on the PS3. (it was previously set to automatic)

questions/comments:
1) i watched Incredible Hulk BD, and was pounded to my seat ... you mean that was with limiting on from the PS3?
2) i ran the iron man scenes again with and without the dynamic limiting, it does seem the sound is better without the limiting.
3) i hate myself for wasting 2 hours watching with earmuffs on ... should i watch it again? because i was severely underwhelmed.
4) should i watch Hulk again? :D
Almost ran into the same problem with mine but was going through all the setting a corrected it before any harm could be done.:p

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Almost ran into the same problem with mine but was going through all the setting a corrected it before any harm could be done.:p
whoever invented that dynamic limiting thing should be crucified :mad::(

the default should have been "off"

then they should rename it "castrate yourself?"

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

I agree the default setting most definately should be "off." It's a nice feature for people who live in apartments or townhomes with thin walls and not too sympathetic toward home theater type neighbors. It does have it's place, I would rather have a feature like that and not use it (and I don't on my PS3 or AVR) than not have it and have to complete detune my sub or unplug it to keep the neighbors from complaining.

Jack

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
+1.

Watch it again. Totally different experience w/o DRC.

If it makes you feel any better, Iron Man has the biggest difference with auto-flagged DRC that I have yet to hear.

Also, you won't run into this with uncompressed PCM or DTS-MA. So even if you totally forget about this issue, 2/3 chance you'll still be ok. :eek:

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Yes watch Iron Man again. It such a great movie anyway!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
LOL, i was hinting to the wife last night that we watch it again ...
she only said: "not friday night or saturday night, because we're going out to dinner"

:D i wonder if i should push it and ask for an Incredible Hulk re-watching as well!

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic

the default should have been "off"

then they should rename it "castrate yourself?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis