Integrated amplifier with USB input and subwoofer out?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I was sent a PM last night and asked to look at this thread. I just don't know were to begin.

I'm amazed that this simple problem has gone to five pages!

I guess some people are just not equipped to own equipment and should settle for a table radio with just learn to use the on/off switch and the tuning dial.

J

jetsetter439

Audioholic Intern
I was sent a PM last night and asked to look at this thread. I just don't know were to begin.

I'm amazed that this simple problem has gone to five pages!

I guess some people are just not equipped to own equipment and should settle for a table radio with just learn to use the on/off switch and the tuning dial.
Actually, I currently have a wired stereo setup that I am looking to upgrade consisting of an admittedly non-audiophile Onkyo receiver and Infinity bookshelf speakers. Believe it or not, I connected it all myself!

Contrary to popular belief I do not have trouble understanding simple wiring schematics, however combined with various opinions on gear and how they should or should not be connected, it starts to get a bit confusing after awhile. I'm also not certain that every post fully understood the connections available to me.

Now I fully appreciate everyone's contributions to this thread, however it is highfigh's post #90 that is the only one which makes the most sense to me since it introduces the concept of using four-conductor speaker wire, the simple solution I was looking for all along in order to accomplish two outbound connections from one solitary amp terminal. I generally understood the wiring schematics all along, but the HOW was never fully elucidated until this post.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Normally, I would just ignore you, as I've done for the last few days, but when you come on here claiming those who tried to help you with misleading you or not knowing what they are talking about, I just had to respond.

To be totally blunt, if after looking at a "binding post" you still can't figure out how to do it, you shouldn't be playing with this stuff. I'm pretty sure your Infinity speakers, and probably that Onkyo receiver, have binding posts, no? If not, or you weren't sure, you could have googled "binding post". Wikipedia should have been all you needed, but no....

He!!, you didn't even look at the wiring diagrams in the link YOU posted for your SVS sub even when I told you EXACTLY where to find them in post 83. That's the epitome of laziness.

If you won't even bother to do what you're told to help yourself, why the F should we bother???

And, yes, every respondent knew exactly what connections were available to you. We knew better than you did. You just couldn't comprehend the answers you were given. We've helped a heckuva lot of newbies quite successfully. The difference between them and you is that they listened to what was being thrown down, didn't think we were trying to mislead them, and did a little research on their own. Quit blaming others for your own shortcomings.

As I said before, we can explain it to you, but we can't understand it for you.

Last edited:
anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Actually, I currently have a wired stereo setup that I am looking to upgrade consisting of an admittedly non-audiophile Onkyo receiver and Infinity bookshelf speakers. Believe it or not, I connected it all myself!

Contrary to popular belief I do not have trouble understanding simple wiring schematics, however combined with various opinions on gear and how they should or should not be connected, it starts to get a bit confusing after awhile. I'm also not certain that every post fully understood the connections available to me.

Now I fully appreciate everyone's contributions to this thread, however it is highfigh's post #90 that is the only one which makes the most sense to me since it introduces the concept of using four-conductor speaker wire, the simple solution I was looking for all along in order to accomplish two outbound connections from one solitary amp terminal. I generally understood the wiring schematics all along, but the HOW was never fully elucidated until this post.
Contrary to popular belief I do not have trouble understanding simple wiring schematics,

I call BS as well with this statement you made. If you truly understood what was going on and how to read those schematics you would not be asking the questions you are asking. Period !!! No discussion to be had.

J

jetsetter439

Audioholic Intern
Normally, I would just ignore you, as I've done for the last few days, but when you come on here claiming those who tried to help you with misleading you or not knowing what they are talking about, I just had to respond.

To be totally blunt, if after looking at a "binding post" you still can't figure out how to do it, you shouldn't be playing with this stuff. I'm pretty sure your Infinity speakers, and probably that Onkyo receiver, have binding posts, no? If not, or you weren't sure, you could have googled "binding post". Wikipedia should have been all you needed, but no....

He!!, you didn't even look at the wiring diagrams in the link YOU posted for your SVS sub even when I told you EXACTLY where to find them in post 83. That's the epitome of laziness.

If you won't even bother to do what you're told to help yourself, why the F should we bother???

And, yes, every respondent knew exactly what connections were available to you. We knew better than you did. You just couldn't comprehend the answers you were given. We've helped a heckuva lot of newbies quite successfully. The difference between them and you is that they listened to what was being thrown down, didn't think we were trying to mislead them, and did a little research on their own. Quit blaming others for your own shortcomings.

As I said before, we can explain it to you, but we can't understand it for you.
Don't dare assume that I am ungrateful for the answers provided in this thread. I couldn't have been more respectful to everyone in this thread, including you, however the snobbery you exuded both earlier to another poster and now to me just proves who the bigger "Askhole" is, or should i say....

And I am very aware of what binding posts are. I have been aware of what binding posts are for many years now. What you failed to properly explain is how to output two connections from one binding post on the amp in question, or if there was any special method for doing so. Again, highfigh answered my simple question which inquired about the HOW. You, instead, proclaimed some nonsense about not being able to understand it for me instead of just telling me "yes" like he did. You also added to the confusion when you posted a subwoofer plate containing high level speaker input AND output, when the sub that that I had posted two or three times does NOT in fact have these same connections....

And, don't even try to assume that I didn't research anything because I have been researching the hell out of this stuff in between posts and even prior to posting. Perhaps not everybody's knowledge is as high and mighty as yours yet, and I can only hope that the rest of the Audioholics and audiophile community at large isn't as arrogant as you are.

J

jetsetter439

Audioholic Intern
Contrary to popular belief I do not have trouble understanding simple wiring schematics,

I call BS as well with this statement you made. If you truly understood what was going on and how to read those schematics you would not be asking the questions you are asking. Period !!! No discussion to be had.
Wrong. They are not hard to understand, however nobody detailed how the two connections would output from the one amp binding post until I asked and highfigh answered. Thanks for not interpreting the very simple question.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Jet, we're on to your game. Highfigh played you and you fell for it. Nobody could be as stupid, or thick, as you pretend to be.

The game's over. Quit trolling us.

troll or stupid.jpg

Last edited:
anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Wrong. They are not hard to understand, however nobody detailed how the two connections would output from the one amp binding post until I asked and highfigh answered. Thanks for not interpreting the very simple question.
Then if you understood how a binding post works you would be able to figure out how to connect two speakers to one binding post. :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis