How long have you owned your A/V equipment?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Trying to get a feel for how long do here typically people keep their existing equipment and or how frequently they upgrade.

For example, I have SVS Ultra speakers for almost two years, however I purchased them after owning AR speakers about for 14 years.

I have owned my Panasonic 60-VT60 for 4 years. I've heard that people now upgrade TV's approximately every 7 years.

Owned by Pioneer Pioneer Elite SC-63 for about 5 years. Owned my Pioneer Kuro FD 5020 for almost 8 years.

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
I have my current system for almost 2 years and appart from my stereo receiver I don't see me upgrading anytime soin.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I've got equipment older than many posters. Starting from 66.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
My Onky 939 is about 17 years old and now is used as an amp. Audio processing was upgraded a number of years ago along with a need for HDMI.Main speakers and Yam amps are somewhat older.
My itch is in check when I look at the $$$ signs. ;) :D

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
No, I not replying for fear of incriminating myself

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Sorry I don't have my glasses on, what you type?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
My LCR speakers are 17 years old. Everything else in my system is less than 3 years old. The next things on my upgrade list are a new subwoofer and I do really really want an OLED tv...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just got through upgrading everything. I went big with the intention of not making any more major upgrades for a long, long time. I'll probably get a new receiver when the next big new thing is out or I need to upgrade to the next hdmi iteration. As it is I'm set for at least the next decade, I hope...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My first set of Pioneer floor standers is around 20 years old. I've got a Kenwood receiver that is about 17. KLH sub the same age.

Everything else is newer...and much better.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just keep it until it dies. I have five systems, the least used room gets the oldest/least useful gear. I still have more, but ran out of rooms :)

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I just keep it until it dies. I have five systems, the least used room gets the oldest/least useful gear. I still have more, but ran out of rooms :)
Do you ever watch movies and listen music in the rooms with older equipment ?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
My RBH WM-30's are 10 years old and Phil 3's are 5 I believe... and I'd be younger than any gear older than '85 :cool:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you ever watch movies and listen music in the rooms with older equipment ?
I use the three main fairly modern setups for both audio/video (living room, bedroom, workshop), but never incorporated video into my older audio setups since they have no particular video capabilities. The other two rooms generally don't have a video display in any case, so they're usually just music, unless I take the small tv from the workshop and put it in one of those rooms if I'll be doing some project in them for a while....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I use the three main fairly modern setups for both audio/video (living room, bedroom, workshop), but never incorporated video into my older audio setups since they have no particular video capabilities. The other two rooms generally don't have a video display in any case, so they're usually just music, unless I take the small tv from the workshop and put it in one of those rooms if I'll be doing some project in them for a while....
I almost bought the same Denon (5803?) you have when I was still shopping. That thing looks like a beast.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I almost bought the same Denon (5803?) you have when I was still shopping. That thing looks like a beast.
I've got a 4520 and a 3808....both have decent amp sections....but from what I've read about the 5803/5805 they would be nice to play with, too....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got a 4520 and a 3808....both have decent amp sections....but from what I've read about the 5803/5805 they would be nice to play with, too....
The 4520 is the one I was looking at. I looked at quite a few and I always forget what model you have for some reason.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The 4520 is the one I was looking at. I looked at quite a few and I always forget what model you have for some reason.
Still in the bigger picture only a dB or two different either way....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis