Enter to Win: SVS PC12-NSD Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:

Dedicated LFE Input
Other -- Describe:
Low Extension (20Hz and lower)
Lots of power and sub excursion
(eQ, DSP are mostly wasted - just use stronger sub)

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?
This : Sound Experts | High Performance Audio Products at Manufacturer Direct Prices - SVS
Too bad it's gone now :(

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

True full range - 25hz-20khz within +/- 2db, reasonably flat FR and not cost arm and leg ;)

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:
  1. Graphical User Interface
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  4. Front Mounted Controls
  5. iPhone/Android Remote App.
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  8. High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
  9. High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
  10. Other -- Describe:
In order of importance:
  1. Auto Room EQ
  2. iPhone/Android Remote App.
  3. Wireless Connectivity
Question 2:
Deep clean bass.

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.
A pair of towers (and matched center and surrounds) that combine high sensitivity (93db@1w) and excellent dynamics with the musical quality we all expect from a premium speaker. Perhaps the front 3 might even be active active speakers.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
A variety of connection types
A variety of finishes

Question 2:

Excellent customer service
Low deep bass
Lots of performance for the money

Question 3:

Low cost, high performance, lots of finish options, attention to details, superior sound quality and power handling, yet still efficient.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Good value, clean subs

Question 3:

Only big enough as necessary, comes in matte black and self-stainable wood, very musical and accurate, rather than aiming for pure power.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Bang for you buck subs
Excellent performance

Question 3:

Getting the most product for the price point, Something that will more than stack up to other speakers at its price point, More than 2 finish options, only if it doesn't come at the cost of good parts and performance, getting everything right (having the right balance of components and performance and price, but still getting the subtle nuances of styling and user friendliness)

Pretty much, more more more for less less less and don't forget to make it pretty :)

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
SVS Giveaway

Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
iPhone/Android Remote App.
Dedicated LFE Input
High Level/Speaker Level Inputs

Question 2:
Professional, Quality, Accuracy.

Question 3:

High efficiency, good off axis numbers, elegant styling (WAF), dynamic & accurate representation of the original source, moderately priced.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Question 1: What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer?
XLR Connections, Dedicated LFE Input, Other -- Describe: outboard amp, piano high-gloss finishes

Question 2: What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?
High output subs

Question 3: SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.
Ruler flat on-axis FR, super smooth off-axis FR to 60 degrees, piano high-gloss finish, capable of 115dB SPL output, exciting lively accurate sound.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Dedicated LFE Input
High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs (secondary)
High Level/Speaker Level Inputs (secondary)

Subwoofers

I'm very unlikely to purchase speakers from SVS. But if they stood up to critical review and I got a chance to hear them then I would consider it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Question 1:
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  10. Other -- Describe:
Auto EQ and Wireless connectivity are the only things on that list that might interest me currently. The most important "feature" is still performance for me.

Question 2:
Excellent customer service and years of amazing subs.

Question 3:
Excellent midrange performance, smooth top end, great off axis response, nice looking finishes at a decent price point.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input
High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
Phase control
Level
Hi Pass Filter

Question 2:

Great subwoofer company. Excellent subs

Question 3:

The subs would be in a smaller footprint, but have great output. They would have either sealed or ported enclosure, depending on what is needed. Both phase and level controls and LFE inputs / outputs.

B

brian6751

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
Other -- Describe: great performance and build quality.

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS? quality a little above the other ID sub companies. Great customer service

Question 3:

somthing in line with maybe the Salk Sound - Song Towers

E

electrodina

Audiophyte
Answering svs contest pc12 nsd

These are my answers i hope you like them

question 1 for me the most important is the balance between power and control (less distrotion)

question 2 whe i hear svsi think in total quality performance (the whole enchilada)

question 3 cylinder speaker shape with bi wire option and 150 watts

S

Sometimes

Enthusiast
Question 1:
important:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
a good name-brand I read about at Audioholics.

Question 3:
flat response from 40 Hz to 18000 Hz
efficient
as small as possible

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  10. Other -- Describe:
Most important...well I guess Dedicated LFE Input because that's typically how I connect it. EQ is nice, and easy accessed controls for it.

Question 2:
SUBS :cool: (first time I heard of SVS was when it meant SV Subwoofers...)

Question 3:
Dream, as in money is no object? Or Dream as in the best I'd like to buy? Either way, I guess I don't know...

V

vadergeta

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
iPhone/Android Remote App.
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
well priced subwoofer that i'm not too sure about

Question 3:
simple to run, simple to setup, simple design with quality drivers, and they should be neutral as possible and well...slam!

bread29

bread29

Junior Audioholic
1) Dedicated LFE Input, Auto EQ, and High-Pass Filtered RCA Outs.

2) High Quality, affordable subwoofers.

3) An 18 inch beast under $2k.

Last edited:
tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Question 1:
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Wireless Connectivity
  6. XLR Connections
  7. Dedicated LFE Input
  10. Other -- Describe:
1, 2, 4, 6, 7, Other: multiple sound modes (Two Channel Music, Multichannel Music, Cinema, etc. with storeable settings and remote control selector).
Question 2:
Quality built products with exceptional price to performance points.
Question 3:
A line of tower, bookshelf, bipole/dipole surrounds with several matching wood species & high gloss black finishes for all speakers including subwoofers. Towers would be capable of true 30 Hz-20 kHz bandwith at a -3 dB point with similar sensitivity or better/higher than SVS' existing M Series.

B

bigpsychodad

Audiophyte
#1 I like the LFE inputs, single input or left and right doesn't matter too much, as long as I can defeat the internal crossover.

#2 To me SVS is all about these vertical tube subs. never had one but all of the reviews make me think it is what I want.

#3 my dream speakers would have multiple placement options without hurting the sound quality. ( like not having a difference between a corner or middle of a wall)

D

deanrymer

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Dedicated LFE Input
High Level/Speaker Level Inputs

Question 2:
Big bass!

Question 3:
Great highs and smooth midranges, housed in a quality enclosure.

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
1. Dedicated LFE input
2.High power amp 800 - 1000 watts
3.Front Mounted Controls
4.Soled well Braced Cabinet
Question 2:
High-end subwoofers

Question 3:
4 way Tower speakers with a small foot print that look like scalloped wood art and are capable of going down to 35hz , wireless with out sacrificing sound quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis