Enter to Win: SVS PC12-NSD Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jasondhenry

Enthusiast
Contest Entry

Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
iPhone/Android Remote App.
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input
High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
High Level/Speaker Level Inputs
Other -- Describe:

The most important features in a subwoofer to me is tunability(tuning ports), and the ability to tweak how the sub sounds (q/eq settings). After that I guess wireless connectivity would be nice.

Question 2:
What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?

High quality subs on the inexpensive

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.

An awesome set of speakers to me would have lots of drivers for the mains 6 or more with high end ribbon tweeters, maybe Raal. They would exibit a flat frequency response and sound good with just about any genre of music you threw at them. The cabinets would be inert and well made, everything about them would ooz quality(binding posts real wood veneer feet etc). Oh also I woud like them to be inexpensive enough for the working class to afford!

P

pbarach1

Audioholic
SV Sound is giving away a PC12-NSD Subwoofer to one (1) lucky entrant! \]
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer? Choose all that apply:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Other -- Describe: Deep and tight bass

Question 2:
Good value, good engineering. I have an SVS AS-EQ1 that remarkably improved the bass in my listeniong room.

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS.
Reasonably priced, full-range, good build quality, not hard to drive.

P

peterpa

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Dedicated LFE Input
Other -- Describe: Clarity and punch over SPL / sealed design

Question 2:
Trademark forward firing 3 port design. Solid subwoofers in looks, design and reputation. Great looking composite cones.

Question 3:
Bi-ampable full size towers, dual drivers for each frequency range. Array of great looking Rohacell composite cones.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls (with a simple magnetic cover for aesthetics)
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Affordable, Class Leading, Innovative, Loud and Accurate Subwoofers

Question 3:
Series should include: 3-way tower, 2-way bookshelf, both a 3-way and a 2-way center channel and a selectable (bi-pole/di-pole) wall mounted surround offering

Last edited by a moderator:
C

crimedog

Audiophyte
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Other -- Describe: Performance!

Question 2:

High performance subwoofers

Question 3:

Attractive, architecturally interesting, and uncolored sound. Relatively high sensitivity and high acoustical output 60-20khz

M

mrrame

Enthusiast
SVS Wishlist

Question 1:

Auto Room EQ;)
Other: Sub with Wheels. Tired of lifting/moving around heavy sub:D

Question 2:What comes to mind when you hear the name SVS?
Reliable, room shaking sub woofer:)

Question 3:
An option to get the speakers in basic finish to save some cost. I dont need a fancy expensive veneer for my basement speakers.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Question 1:
  1. XLR Connections
  2. Dedicated LFE Input
  3. High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
  4. Other -- Describe: Sound quality and output

Question 2:

Subwoofers. (Sorry, had to be honest, hehe, wasn't more creative than that)

Question 3:

Depends on 'how premium.' I think one of the biggest mistakes a lot of speaker manufacturers make is on speakers intended to be driven by receivers they make them too hard to drive. So, if you intend it to be connect to a receiver, make it:
-Sensitive (at least 90dB/w @ 1 meter, at LEAST).
-Easy to drive (watch funky angles, don't have minimum impedance be below 6-ohm if to be driven by a receiver)

If you intend it to be running on separates, you can get away with a lot more.

Other things:
-Give it some style. Makes it a lot easier for those without dedicated rooms to convince their significant other.
-If it's a satellite build some ergonomic, good looking stands. Height adjustable.

K

KC Sphinx

Enthusiast
Question 1:

Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Quality and Performance

Question 3:
SVS is debuting a premium line of speakers this fall. Describe your dream speaker from SVS

Blends well with sub, sensitive, and sounds neutral to warm.

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

[*]Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Larger subs with deep, room filling bass. The kind that from looks alone may be hard to sell someone on, but once they hear it, they want it.

Question 3:
3way towers with dedicated woofers of the 7-8" size for deep bass capability. Something with easy placement. Maybe with built-in amps that can be bypassed-this could help provide a minimum level of performance from that aspect.

B

bramankp

Audiophyte
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer?
  1. Auto Room EQ
  2. Dedicated LFE Input

Room-shaking bass with exceptional quality for the price.

I'd love to see a tight sound that digs deep, much like my PB13-Ultra, but with a smaller footprint that I might be able to fit two in a room. A high-powered sealed design works better in my environment, otherwise the PC13-Ultra might fit the bill.

T

tulax13me

Audiophyte
#1:
GUI
Auto Room EQ
Wireless

High quality, affordable subs.

Bookshelves capable of getting down to ~45hz, excellent imaging and sounstaging, <$800.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ

Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls
iPhone/Android Remote App.
XLR Connections
Dedicated LFE Input
Other -- Describe: Furniture grade finish for a high WAF.

Question 2:

Subs!

Question 3:

Small footprint but stable, well braced, versatile (able reproduce any genre of music clearly and accurately) fabric tweeters

B

beargonefishing

Enthusiast
Question 1:
Graphical User Interface
Auto Room EQ
Wireless Connectivity
Front Mounted Controls

Question 2:
Great quality for great price.

Question 3:
High-quality 7 channel speaker set for under $3.5K.

F

fufanuer

Enthusiast
Enter to Win SVS Sub

Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls

Question 2
Subwoofers

Question 3
I'd like to see floorstanding speakers with a small footprint.

Coult_45

Coult_45

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
What are the most important features to you in a subwoofer?
  1. Graphical User Interface
  2. Auto Room EQ
  3. Dedicated LFE Input
  4. High Pass Filtered RCA Outputs
  5. High Level/Speaker Level Inputs

Question 2:
high quality for a fair price, but still more expensive than most are willing to pay.

Question 3:
Sealed speaker design. High quality crossovers. Tweeters that are not overly forward or bright. A center that is designed for placement in a shelf. A speaker that has a respectably flat response down to 80hz.

P

puddy77

Audiophyte
Question 1:
  1. Auto Room EQ
  2. Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:
Quality subs.

Question 3:
Simple, full size, full range.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
Question 1:
* lfe input.
* a volume knob that is not squeezed next to a never-touched phase and cut-off knob.

Question 2:
* big subwoofers

Question 3:
* will wait and see... but I'd like it to look decent.

M

MJW3

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Auto Room EQ
Front Mounted Controls
Dedicated LFE Input

Question 2:

Good Subs

Question 3:

Sealed for front ported floorstanding, bi-wire

W

wgscott

Enthusiast
Question 1:

Dedicated LFE Input

Other -- Describe: High-quality sound, Class D amp, energy-saving auto-off

Question 2:

A class of simian viruses.

Question 3:

Active crossovers

B

brouham

Audiophyte
Question 1:
Dedicated LFE input?
High level/speaker level inputs

Question 2:
Great bass quality.

Question 3:
Accurate sound quality and a choice of high quality finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis