Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpjasmine

Audiophyte
Subwoofer Contest Entry

Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?

It is a guarantee of a great experience of their audio products, backed up by world class customer service and support, as outlined in their 11 promises.

The 45 day return policy really stands out for me. Plenty of time to evaluate the product and break it in and really put it through its paces.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

A small room subwoofer whose principal role would be for music in a 2 channel system, with multiple connection options, somewhere in the $500 range.

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

Easy to place in a room, one that blends or disappears with small speakers.

D

dseng

Enthusiast

A series of pretty cool promises that SVS makes to their customers. Hard to pick a favorite clause in your contract with your customers. If forced to choose, I'd have to say #8.

What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
I know that the laws of physics cannot be denied, but I'd really like to see a sub that's only a few inches deep that could be wall mounted. Big obtrusive subs need to become a thing of the past.

Pretty standard stuff I suppose - low distortion, good low frequency extension, plenty of power, and a nicely finished cabinet.

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

I view them as SVS's internal customer service policies, shown to the public. My favorite is #7, the 1-year performance guarantee. Often with a product (especially new products), there are changes made in the first year, some minor, some major. Nice to know early buyers benefit from that.

Question 2:

A more affordable ported box, <$500. Would also like to see XLR connections, similar to what Emotiva is offering.

Question 3:

First and foremost, output. If you're gonna buy a subwoofer you may as well buy one that is big and performs at a proper level. I look for 20Hz performance, with a strong mix on movie and music.

A

asere

Audioholic
Svs contest

1. 45 days total satisfaction gurantee 2. 60 Day guaranteed prices 3. 90 day defective exchange guarantee 4. Free Shipping 5. 1 year no lemon guarantee 6. 1-year trade up policy 7. 1 year performance guarantee 8. 5 year unconditional warranty 9. The finest quality in every price range 10. Informativepre purschase advise and counsel 11. Total after purschase support
My favorite 60 day guarantee prices

2. What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

A nice sub at a very good budget price around 350 dollars.

3.What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

I look for a nice finish and appearance but most important a very low frequency response.

T

tekbud

Audiophyte
SVS Contest

1. The SVS Bill of Rights are a list of promises that SVS makes to it's customers. I personally think this list is fantastic and a number of companies could learn a bunch from these promises. My favorites are the lemon laws and upgrade options- great stuff!!

2. We all want the best bang for the bucks. We all love subs in the 12-15" range that offers performance that's unmatched at prices that are affordable.

3. How low can you go (and remain flat?)

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite? The Bill of rights are a pledge to the customers. A pledge that SVS will support you pre to post purchase. Not just take your money.

My favorite. PROMISE #8...5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY

Question 2:
1. A sub that performs similar to the PB13, and < $500.

Question 3:
Flat response
Great with music and movies.
Not the size of a refrigerator.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
Question 1:

The SVS Bill of Rights is a set of company promises to the customer. My favorite is the 1-Year Performance Guarantee. I think its great I can upgrade a product I recently bought. Not that many companies do this.

Question 2:

I would like to see a sub that puts out more output and lower extensions than that of the PB13 Ultra. Probably something in the $3000.00 range or a little under. I have a PB13 Ultra and the thought have having something that will outperform it without having to go DIY or having to spend over 5 grand is appealing.

Question 3:

Decent aesthetics with options of customizing finishes, deep extensions and a clean solid output.

F

flsalinas

Enthusiast
Question 1:

The SVS Bill of of Rights is a set of company promises to it's customers. My favorite is number 7, "PROMISE #7... 1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE
If SVS improves the performance of a model you purchased, we will upgrade it
to current standards at no charge within 1 year of your purchase."

Question 2:

A subwoofer that costs 499.00 but performs like the PB-13 Ultra and is half the size and weight with a three band parametric EQ that autocalibrates!!

Question 3:

The most important things to me are bass extension, SPL, quality components and build, a flat frequency response, appearance, a good warranty and a sub that isn't the size of a refrigerator.

10speed

Audiophyte
SVS Contest

Q 1: The SVS Bill of Rights is a promise of a great buying and listening experience. Favorite = 5 year warranty.

Q 2: A lower priced subwoofer.

Q 3: Clean bass resonance when listening to music.

S

spoolthis

Audiophyte
Q1. 5yr warranty.

Q2. DIY subs, prefabbed box's or cylinders, to add users choice of amp or driver. $250-450

Q3. Size, and price for performance. looks is always a plus.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Question 1:

PROMISE #1...
45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
PROMISE #3...
90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE
PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING
PROMISE #5...
1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE
PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
PROMISE #7...
1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE
PROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY
PROMISE #9...
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE
PROMISE #10...
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL
PROMISE #11...
TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT

My favorite is the 5 free shipping.

Question 2:

I would like to see a small sealed sub for my office for $350

Question 3:

Good looks, goes low and stays flat.

Q

qwerty2op

Audiophyte
Free Sub!

Question 1:

PROMISE #5:
1 year "No Lemon" Guarantee

Question 2:

I would like a wireless sub for my home office for around $400.

Question 3:

Tight, musical bass wrapped in a nice wood veneer.

K

keagy

Audiophyte
Question 1:

-Promises from SVS and my favorite is the 1 year trade-up policy

Question 2:

- amp for $500

Question 3:

- Low extension, linear and volume.

H

homerossi

Audiophyte
Winning entry

Question 1:

All of them

Question 2:

Same products... just lower prices

Question 3:

Sound quality

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Question 1: What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?
It's a set of policies/guarantees provided by SVS to their customers regarding purchases.

Promise #6 is probably my favorite. How often has someone bought a subwoofer and then shortly thereafter said "I knew I should have gotten the larger model"? Being able to upgrade is a great feature, one I'm not certain anyone else offers.

Question 2: What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
A down-firing subwoofer, something in the $500-$600 range. The size on the SB12-NSD is great, especially for those of us with space restrictions. But the front-firing driver can be a challenge if you have kids and/or pets. A 12" driver would be ideal, but even a 10" would suffice (provided it's bass reflex).

Question 3: What do you look for in a great subwoofer?
Articulation and detail are my primary considerations. Like everyone I enjoy deep, deep bass. But unlike most I'm willing to trade some lower extension for clarity (of course I'd like both, but if given no other alternative I'll take increased definition).

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:
Your pledge to your customer, fav is...maybe 5-year warranty

Question 2:
Not really a product, but free shipping to Hawaii would be nice. On the product side, something close to ~$450 that's tuned to maybe 22Hz, if not 20Hz.

Question 3:
Performance at a price I can afford

F

fokakis1

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:

The SVS Bill of Rights is a pledge to customers made up of 11 promises that cumulatively guarantee total satisfaction. I particularly like Promise #2, as it gives the added comfort of knowing that I don't have to wait to see if the price will drop to make a purchase. It's a real bummer to buy something just before it goes on sale.

Question 2:

I like the simplicity of the menu, but if I had to suggest an addition it would be this: to make all models of subwoofers available in different colored finishes at comparable prices.

Question 3:

Simple: Proven performance in a great looking cabinet.

S

streamster

Audiophyte
Question 1:

5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY

Question 2:

A modular subwoofer with upgradeable power amps, crossovers or even drivers.

Question 3:

Subsonic frequency extension, efficiency, smaller cabinet size and reliability.

Last edited by a moderator:
randyl31

randyl31

Banned
Question 1:

A pledge to customers of top-notch service. Favorite is probably the 5-Year Unconditional Warranty

Question 2:

Maybe a dual 12" or dual 15". Or possibly some sort of DIY kit.

Question 3:

Exceptional build quality and performance for a great price.

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
Question 1:

They are "Your pledge to US!" My favorite is the "Trade-Up Policy." LOVE IT!

Question 2:

A. I may be eating "dream whip", but I would LOVE to see 2 driver, dual purpose sub. One BOX, sealed on one end and ported on the other and XO modified to correctly blend the two.

Overall Dims: 20.9" (H) x 17.3" (W) x 27"(D) Same as your PB12-NSD, but with the depth of your PB13-Ultra.

Measurements would be needed to determine the proper dividing line between the sealed and ported side. Could this be done with one amp? Not sure, you guys are the pros, you could figure it out. :) Anyway, I would LOVE this, as I am constantly having to adjust my 2 subs to play nicely together. I would much rather spend more on ONE than have to have 2, that take up twice as much space.
I would love to see this done for around $1,200 for a NSD version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B. I would ALSO love to see a sub system available in an array. ONE or TWO at the most, external additional amps and the option of adding lower cost/smaller ported passive subs at each speaker position. Buy an amp, add one sub now and more later, or several at once. Thinking, $250 per passive sub and $400 for a 3/ch external sub amp.

Question 3:

Does it add depth to my listening experience? I don't simply want it to rumble. It needs to have impressive attack and decay. It needs to not break the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis