Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Question 1:
The trade up policy for 100% credit is a generous offer. And therefore probably my favorite since everybody can relate that you're usually always seeking that next big thing! And some of the other ones are just kind of for fools... Its not free shipping, you just calculate it into the price of the sub. Or you dont lower the price just keep it the same... or dont improve a current model just make a new one and call it something else... "But wait, there's more! you get TWO subs for the price of just one!"...you get the idea.

Question 2:
I think that subwoofers that do not have built in amplifiers are a better way to go. I swear that my stereo pair of kappa perfect subs with their seperate mono amps and the dxc2496 crossover was the most impressive subwoofer setup I have ever heard. If you built subs that could be customized in that fashion allowing users more flexibility I think it would be a great option. The downside being that proper performance is more dependent on proper system setup and equipment supplied by the customer. Maybe something like the PB13 ultra for 1k without an amplifier.

Question 3:
The ability to play even the loudest passages without any self noise and the ability to play low. Self noise is the first and most common thing that I notice.

F

FIqbal

Audioholic Intern
1:What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?

One year trade up policy.

2:What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

15" sealed subwoofer within $1,000 price range. This price will enable lots of people to finally buy the legendary SVS subwoofer with no need to upgrade.

3: What do you look for in a great subwoofer?
Great price to value ratio and versetality between music and HT.

S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?
1) It'd probably be a toss up between PROMISE#8 (The Unconditional 5 Yr warranty) and PROMISE#11 (Total After Sales Support). I think those two are good indicators of a company that totally stands behind their product!

2) Maybe something that would compete with Velodyne's DD-15 and DD-18 subs but that would be a bit more affordable.

3) Musicality and tunefulness and of course, output, clean output that is!

E

eyecatcher

Enthusiast
Question 1:

A set of customer service commitments to ensure satisfaction. Truly a great list that exceeds expectations. I love the performance guarantee. Technology changes so fast, I love buying a product that I know won't be end of life or obsolete.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

A subwoofer with 15" to 18" driver, in a compact box or cylinder that would be the Ultra's big brother. Cost would be in the $1999-2499 price point.

Question 3:

Ruler flat to at least 20hz, extension to 15hz or lower, with ultra low distortion and high clean SPL output.

E

eurovw89

Junior Audioholic
1. Great customer service. And 5yr warranty

2. A great speaker on a budget, wide selection of finishes, and keep 5yr warranty

3. I look for performance, size, and customer reviews

D

DeepFrz97

Audiophyte
Question:
PROMISE #1...
45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES

PROMISE #3...
90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE

PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING

PROMISE #5...
1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE

PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY This is my favorite because it allows me the option of upgrading without penalties. Often I underestimate what I actually want and end up regretting not going with the better item first. With this option I don't have to live with a lesser component, or shell out the big bucks and then try to find someone to take other other component off my hands at a loss.

PROMISE #7...
1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE

PROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY

PROMISE #9...
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE

PROMISE #10...
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL.

PROMISE #11...
TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT

Question 2:
I would like to see a wireless 15" sub capable of a flat response down to 20 Hz and extending down to 16 Hz.

Question 3:
Flat curve, with a good price and response down to 20 Hz.

B

BigScreen

Audiophyte
Question 1:
The SVS Bill of Rights reads like a manifesto of a company that wants to serve its customers first, and hopes that revenue will follow. I admire that.

My favorite?

It would probably have to be: PROMISE #10...
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL

There is too little real, good, and informed advice out there. Web sites can only provide so much information, and educated humans should be available to answer the questions and concerns that the web site does not / cannot.

Question 2:
The next product that I would like to see has to do with configuration, placement, and adjustment of the subwoofer in the room. A product that would provide the user the necessary information to squeeze every last amount of value from their subwoofer could be a very valuable tool indeed.

It should answer the following questions:
1) what should the crossover be set for?
2) where should the subwoofer be in this room?
3) what is the volume level that it should be set at?
4) what trouble spots are there in the room that need to be treated, such as bass traps and the like?

Is this an online tool, iPad app, external measuring device, or a combination of two or more of those? Quite possibly. Anything that would make installing and enjoying the subwoofer in the system easy and effective would be a welcome tool to have.

Question 3:
No distortion or artifacts from the subwoofer, while delivering good quality bass that is capable of making your stomach thump like when you're at a parade and the marching band goes by and you feel the drum beat in your gut.

AdamElliott

AdamElliott

Audiophyte
SVS responses

Question 1:

I was unaware of SVS Bill of Rights but i like the idea of the trade up policy.

Question 2:

I'm really wanting to see reciever type products that enable streaming of Hi-Def audio files. Any products that encourage greater use Hi-Def audio.

Question 3:
Clarity and definition.

R

ryamee

Audiophyte
1) It is their customer service rules. My favorite is the 5 year warranty.

2) A app that you can use to setup up your system via your phone. It would let you know via the phones built in mic the best way to setup your system based on your rooms accoustics.

3) I look for a subwoofer that meshes well with my the rest of my system. I want it to play low enough that it is more of a feeling than a sound. That is truly what in my mind the subwoofer is for.

L

Lswope00

Audiophyte
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your f
My favorite is the trade up program it allows you to go bigger which to me is always better.
Question 2:
I would love to see a fifteen inch are larger subwoofer with at least a fifteen hundred watt amplifier 2500 would be a good price..

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer? Quick,deep, breath taking bass that can be accurate but at the same time shack the whole house when asked.

H

havasubob

Audiophyte
SVS poll

1) Five year warranty
2) built-in equalization & improvements define optimum placement
3) modular power amp (permitting upgrades and/or lower shipping costs)

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q1: What are the SVS Bill of Rights, and which is your favorite?
Their pledge to the customer. My favorite is PROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY.

Q2: What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
A 15" sealed sub that is close in capability to a Velodyne HGS-15 (or its follow-ons). Less than $1000 would be a great price.

Q3: What do you look for in a great subwoofer?
Very tight bass, no boominess or distortion is tolerable.

D

dad311

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
SVS Bill of Rights:
At SVS, we guarantee that you will have the best experience
thanks to the finest audio products in the world and
world class customer service and support.

My Favorite, 45 day satisfaction! After 45 days, I would know if I liked the sub.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS?

Loud speakers with SVS subs built in, similar to the Golden Ear.

Question 3:
A sub that will shatter your teeth during a movie, but is also very musical.

E

electrodina

Audiophyte
Svs questions

Q1: What are the SVS Bill of Rights, and which is your favorite?
My favorite are 8 and 9, both are linked, they trust in the quality of their product so they can extend the warranty those are the real plus!!

THE SVS BILL OF RIGHTS ARE 11

PROMISE #1...
PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
PROMISE #3...
PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING
PROMISE #5...
PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
PROMISE #7...
PROMISE #8...
PROMISE #9...
PROMISE #10...
PROMISE #11...

Q2: What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
ID like to you design a PC12-NSD horizontal, I mean take off the plate and and the woofer pointing front firing and the pwer watts increase to 500 watts rms and threes holes in the back to sealed to increase the quality sound and the price about $699.00

Q3: What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

POWER CONTROL and CLEAN SOUND

A

asax

Audiophyte
Question 1: What are the SVS Bill of Rights, and which is your favorite?

THE SVS BILL OF RIGHTS:

PROMISE #1...
PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
PROMISE #3...
PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING
PROMISE #5...
PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
PROMISE #7...
PROMISE #8...
PROMISE #9...
PROMISE #10...
PROMISE #11...

My favorite is Promise #8 - 5-year unconditional warranty. There is no worse feeling than having a product break down right after a short warranty period ends. With the five year warranty, you know that you will be taken care of.

Question 2: What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

I would like another sealed compact subwoofer, perhaps with an even smaller footprint than the SB12-NSD at a more affordable price (MSRP ~ $450)

Question 3: What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

Musicality!

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Congratulations to our winner, Scott S. from New York. He chose the PB12-NSD and it shipped today! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis