Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cvillevideo

Enthusiast
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?
I suppose they are SVS's promises to customers. Lots of great ones, but I love the 5 year warranty

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
Smaller form factor, maybe 8" or 10" subs that were meant to be sold in pairs or fours with the goal of having even smooth bass. $900/pair.

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?
Value = bang for my buck

sofast1

sofast1

Enthusiast
Question 1:

Question 2:
15" with sealed/ported system $1k max

Question 3:
articulation,definition & extension for music,movie slam/chest thump, and price.

S

Sometimes

Enthusiast
Question 1:
The SVS Bill of Rights are the 11 that are posted!
My favourite: 45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

Question 2:
Maybe a soundbar. Sub thousand dollars.

Question 3:
Price, tightness, and SPL.

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic
Question 1:

Their customer satisfaction guarantees.
They are all great, but #s 10 and 11 are where they shine.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

I thought about a larger sealed sub, like the aborted SB16. Then I thought maybe a ported sub with a bigger driver, maybe a PB15, that would rule the roost.

But honestly, when reading these forums, the one place SVS is lacking is a product in the $450-550 range to compete with the Hsu VTF2-Mk4, the eD A3-250, the Epik Legend and, especially, the seemingly omnipresent and always recommended Rythmik FV12. So, a ported sub to update the old PB10 is my answer.

Question 3:

Output down to 20Hz and high quality components so it will last.

P

Phoenyx

Audiophyte
Question 1:
The SVS Bill of Rights are what separates the boys from the men. For a company to provide the level of service that SVS offers, is absolutely incredible - and unseen. They are located on their website.

Question 2:
I'd like to see more options for sealed subwoofers; something to compete in the 500-600 range.

Question 3:
I look for anything under 20. :)

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
Question 1:

Your SVS Bill of Rights

WE PROMISE YOU...
A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH SVS

At SVS, we guarantee that you will have the best experience
thanks to the finest audio products in the world and
world class customer service and support. This "SVS Bill of Rights"
is our pledge to you. billofrights 1

promise1 PROMISE #1...
45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
You may return any item purchased from SVS for any reason within
45 days of your purchase and receive your money back with no questions
asked. We ask that the product be in new condition with box and packing.
We ask our customers to pay any freight charges associated with the return.

promise2 PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
If SVS reduces the price on any of our products, we will refund the price
difference to you if it goes below your purchase price within 60 days of
your purchase.

promise defective PROMISE #3...
90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE
SVS will replace any product purchased from us that becomes defective
within 90 days of purchase. If a replacement is not available,
we will offer full credit toward the purchase of a like product.

promise3 PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING
Any product purchased from SVS in the continental US
will be shipped to you free of charge.

promise4 PROMISE #5...
1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE
SVS will replace any product purchased from us that becomes
defective 3 times within the first year of ownership. If a replacement
is not available, SVS will offer full credit toward the purchase of
a like product.

promise5 PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
You may trade in any product purchased from SVS within 1 year of your
purchase, and receive full credit toward the purchase of a more expensive
like product. We ask that the product be in like new condition with original box and
packing. We ask our customers to pay any freight charges associated with
the return and new purchase.

promise6 PROMISE #7...
1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE
If SVS improves the performance of a model you purchased, we will upgrade it
to current standards at no charge within 1 year of your purchase.

promise7 PROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY
SVS offers the industry's most comprehensive warranty on all our products.
SVS warrants of all its products to be free from defects in workmanship for
5 years from date of purchase.
(*Favorite*)

promise8 PROMISE #9...
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE
You are assured of unsurpassed quality, value and performance at SVS,
regardless of your price range. We have carefully designed our products
to outperform every product in their price range. We are proud that many
of our products outperform competing products two and three times
the price.

promise9 PROMISE #10...
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL
We offer live phone support weekdays from 9 am to 9 pm Eastern time toll-free at
(877) 626-5623. Or just email us at custservice@svsound.com and we'll answer within
minutes. Our Merlin speaker matching tool selects the perfect subwoofer for your
speakers, and gives you the exact subwoofer settings for easy setup.

promise10 PROMISE #11...
TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT
SVS wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are
not satisfied in every way, please contact our corporate offices toll free at
(877)-626-5623 or email our Company President, Gary Yacoubian, at
gyacoubian@svsound.com for a prompt, courteous resolution of your concerns.
Our goal is 100% of our customers, 100% satisfied, 100% of the time.

Question 2:

A DSP SUB room EQ/mic calibration unit to use with a AVR & powered subs(2 or more matching subs)that really kicks a$$ on anything that has been produced yet,for a hard to tune room like I have in my house.for people like me that already have 2 subs,& make it under $500,
Question 3:

looks are good,but performance is what I look for,I want a tight room pressurizing bass to watch movies with that moves the entire room cleanly,and since they are so heavy,FREE SHIPPING to me,and free shipping back for any warranty needs during the warranty period if needed.I also prefer the sound of sealed subs.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jordan122345

Enthusiast
Question 1:

Bottom line of the SVS bill of rights is a true testiment to the enormous amount of dedication they have put into making our buying experience an awesome one.Customer service is the key to everything these days and these guys have NAILED it.My favorite is a mix between the 5 year guarentee and the 1 year tradeup policy for the not so rich folks like myself that maybe cannot afford the best right now but have the ability to upgrade within the first year.

Question 2:

I would like to see a vented sub with a little bigger driver up to a 15" or 18" with a little bigger amp as well which of course will rock the world for sure.If we could keep it around $2000-$2500 that would be cool as well.

Question 3:

Great build quality and Great performance at a reasonable price.Which SVS has already done in all of there subs anyways.So please keep up the great work.

N

NYCDweller

Audiophyte
Question 1:

There are 11:
1. 45 day total satisfaction guarantee.
2. 60 day guaranteed prices.
3. 90 day defective exchange guarantee.
4. Free shipping.
5. 1 year "No Lemon" guarantee.
6. 1 year trade up guarantee.
7. 1 year performance guarantee.
8. 5 year unconditional warranty.
9. The finest quality in every price range.
10. Informative pre-purchase advice & counsel.
11. Total after purchase support.

Favorite is #6. This sets SVS apart from other subwoofer dealers. It not only promotes brand loyalty, but also encourages customers by facilitating an economical and less wasteful manner to continually invest in their passion and keep their equipment current. If computer and smartphone manufacturers already provide this type of trade up service to their loyal customers, why not suwoofer dealers such as SVS? I would even recommend extending the trade up period from one year to 3 years, with a sliding upgrade value. This should not be an issue for SVS as SVS products are so well made with very high resale value.

Question 2:

SVS can consider competing with Rythmik and develop servo feedback circuitry and specialized drivers to further reduce driver generated distortion and improve driver power consumption. Larger drivers up to 18" would also be nice, while still keeping the prices competitive with Rythmik brand.

Question 3:

Exactly what SVS is offering, since I am a proud owner of a PAIR of the original SVS 10" subwoofers with the TC Sounds drivers.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

-It is SVS's assurance to the customer that you have made the correct decision. A detailed list of 11 reasons to purchase from them.
-5 year warranty. Covers it all.

Question 2:

-I would like to see a M-series surround speaker offered. Same offered finishes. Bi-pole design. Price (no where north of $800 /pr).

Question 3:

-Aside from value.....The ability to dig deep when called upon and then disappear back into the shadows.

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
Question 1:
1) 45 day total satisfaction guarantee
2) 60 day guaranteed prices
3) 90 day defective exchange guarantee
4) Free shipping
5) 1 year no lemon guarantee
6) 1 year trade-up policy
7) 1 year peformance guarantee
8) 5 year unconditional warranty
9) The finest quality in every price range
10) Informative pre-purchase advice and counsel
11) Total after purchase support

10 might be my favorite. You can not get knowledgeable advice like the SVS advisors in a Best Buy or the equivalent. They helped to steer me to a cylinder sub to fit my requirement (well, my spouse's requirement) of a small footprint while still maximizing my output in a large open floor room.
Question 2:

I'd like to see some moderate sized boxes, bigger than the small box design but smaller than the behemoths they also make. Up the amplification-600W-1000W minimums. Probably 12" woofers, maybe a 15" offering. Try to price them in the $750-$1000 range.

Question 3:

Deep (sub 20hz) bass, low distortion, reasonable output (115db-120db min through out the frequency range), durability, decent finish, heavy, preferable to have option of coffee table sized for home theater room (to show off) but also moderate sized options for living room (spouse approval). Remote controlled on/off switch would be nice (don't wake up family members), different programmable modes (games, movies, tv, music, etc) that are remote controlled.

B

beargonefishing

Enthusiast
Want to Win

Question 1:
5 year warranty.

Question 2:
Compact, wireless sub with good low bass specs around $500.

Question 3:
Quality sound.

300exoh

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
Customer commitment. My favorite is the fact that you back your product with a stellar warranty
Question 2:
A small no frills entry level 8" sub for the budding audio buff for under $400 would be a great addition to the lineup.
Question 3:
Quality, price and a compact design

K

KC Sphinx

Enthusiast
Question 1:

The SVS bill of rights is a guide on how to run a successful company. My personal favorite is the 60d price guarantee because I am always slow to pull the trigger thinking a sale is coming on the next holiday.

Question 2:

I would like to see passive offerings that still have SVS quality enclosures and drivers for a few hundred less than the integrated versions.

That or separates that will allow for rack placement for similar prices.

Question 3:

Honestly, idiot proofing. I get a little too excited and run a little hotter than recommended. A quality limiter is welcome to protect my sub even when I am not thinking straight.

jmilton7043

jmilton7043

Audioholic Intern
contest

1. free shipping
2. make a mini/micro sub for computers and laptops
3. auto EQ built in

P

pureiso

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:

Your customer policies that make shopping with SVS basically risk free.

My favorite has to be #9, because that is a bold claim that SVS seems to be keeping with.

Question 2:

Personally, I would like to see something more entry level priced. Maybe a sealed 10" with a sub $500 price point.

Question 3:

Solid cabinet, clean sound, and compact.

F

fbov

Enthusiast
Question 1:
An interesting list of product support promises, the most interesting of which is the progression: 45 days on satisfaction, 60 days on price, 90 days on defects, 1 year for performance and 5 years for warranty. Good approach.

Question 2:
I see two, a 15" Ultra, since size always attracts interest, and an automated way setting up the "advanced features" like PEQ; mic's are cheap these days.

Question 3:
Extension, extension and extension. I want response to 10Hz. I don't listen terribly loud, but I want all of the bottom end. Horn subs need not apply.

Have fun,
Frank

F

F-16 419

Audiophyte
SVS is the best!

Question 1:

Free Shipping

Question 2:

I would like to see a product that blows away even the PB13 Ultra, hopefully with a smaller footprint! This sub would also include a bass tuning kit, possibly with the latest in Audyssey BassXT technology to fine tune the sub. I would expect this setup to cost around $2500-$3000

Question 3:

Maximum output and sound quality in the smallest possible enclosure!!

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
SVS Contest Thread answers

Question 1:
PROMISE #8...

Question 2:
Dual driver subs for larger rooms over 8k cf

Question 3:
Ability to play low frequencies well for HT as well as being precise enough for nice music to.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
SVS Contest

Question 1:

SVS Customer Service and Return policy. I like the free shipping

Question 2:

Additional finishes offered on the S series speakers for small additional charge over the standard black finish.

Question 3:

* <20 Hz performance
* Value
* Asthetics

U

upallnight312

Enthusiast
Question 1:

PROMISE #1...
45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
PROMISE #2...
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
PROMISE #3...
90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE
PROMISE #4...
FREE SHIPPING
PROMISE #5...
1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE
PROMISE #6...
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
PROMISE #7...
1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE
PROMISE #8...
PROMISE #9...
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE
PROMISE #10...
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL
PROMISE #11...
TOTAL AFTER PURCHASE SUPPORT

My favorite is the 5 year unconditional warranty.

Question 2:

I would like to see a lower priced sub that has flat frequency response from 80Hz down below 20Hz with decent SPL, say under $500.

Question 3:

I look for a sub that can play low and flat for a low price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis