Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thirstbuster83

Audiophyte
Questions:

1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?

· Performance - 30%
· Price – 40%
· Aesthetics – 5%
· Brand Reputation – 5%
· Discounts and Promotions – 10%
· Professional Reviews – 5%
· Personal Recommendations – 5%
· Other (please describe)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

· PS3 model CECH-2001A because its easy to stream Netflix, VUDU, Hulu and movies from the PlayStation Store

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

I would like to see higher end subwoofers, currently I have a HSU VTF-3 MK3 and would like to upgrade…need more of a BOOM!!

R

Rozako

Audiophyte
My Answers for the contest

1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance 40%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 8%
Brand Reputation 2%
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews 12%
Personal Recommendations 5%
Other (please describe) 3% (personal experience)
Note: I'm still using a Yamaha RX-900U and a pair of RSL Outsiders both purchased in 1987, so with little opportunity to shop I rely a lot on reviews.

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
•my smart TV—LG 47LW5700 Because it was the first item I was able to sync to my wireless system (late 2009 iMac). My blu-ray player (Panasonic DMPBDT220) was giving me trouble but I haven't tried it since getting a new wireless router. I've only been streaming Netflix but am quitting it as of tomorrow and will then probably (maybe) try Hulu+. I should say that I stream Pandora quite a bit but my iMac has better speakers than the built-ins on the TV so I don't listen to music on the LG. (The LFM sub would be the beginning of a system that could/would change that.)

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?
Dang... that one's beyond my scope of guessing as although they (Outlaw Audio) know pretty well what their market is like and what it wants, if you read my "note" above, you'll see that I've been out of the market for too long to be able to provide a reasonable opinion. As for unreasonable, how about a HTiB for under $500 that would put a 5.1 system the likes of a Marantz SR5007 with Definitive SM55 speakers to shame?

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
Performance = 30%
Price = 20%
Aesthetics = 10%
Brand Reputation = 10%
Discounts and Promotions = 20%
Professional Reviews = 5%
Personal Recommendations = 5%
Other (please describe)

None, I prefer the shiny round stuff. I do NOT use streaming.

Subwoofers with additional amplification, output, and multiple drivers; in order to tailor to a broader target market.

C

chashint

Audiophyte
[*]Performance 34%
[*]Price 30%
[*]Aesthetics 1%
[*]Brand Reputation 10%
[*]Discounts and Promotions 4%
[*]Professional Reviews 10%
[*]Personal Recommendations 1%
[*]Other (longevity of the company) 10%

[*]my stand alone streaming device ( Roku HD )

[*] I love the LFM1EX (own one & would love to win another one) but with the recent updates Hsu has made it might be time to update the plate amp.

C

cr136124

Audioholic Intern

Performance - 40%
Price - 30%
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation - 30%
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player - Oppo BRP 103 for Netlix
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) - Logitech Revue for Amazon Video
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff - I do like shiny stuff too!

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? A new line of subwoofer that can go even lower than the LFM-1 EX. Why you asked? Because, I love bass!

A

athom67

Audiophyte
Performance – 40% - this has to be the major factor
Price - 10% - you have to have this already set or an idea of what you are willing to spend
Brand Reputation - 25% - again this will go with the price
Professional Reviews - 25% - I research as much as I can before I make the purchase

For me NONE - Sorry I live in Canada and the choices are not that great at this time, so the only real answers is the “shiny round stuff” for real HD and Sound.

I see that they make a Processor, why not add one of their great amps and create a Received that would rival the top of the line receivers from the other companies, the 975+7125, in one package.

AS to the shipping and the extra "Canada can enter provided the winner agrees to pay the difference in shipping costs as well as any duties, taxes, etc" I'm more than willing to pay.:D

E

E333slp

Audiophyte
Performance =50%
Price = 20%
Aesthetics = 5% (100% for my wife...)
Brand Reputation = 10%
Discounts and Promotions = 10%
Professional Reviews = 5%
Personal Recommendations = 5%

My ps3 slim is my main streaming device.

Quote:
I'd like to see some budget speaker/sub sets. Maybe some big *** floorstanders for under $500.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Questions:

30% Performance
20% Price
10% Aesthetics
20% Brand Reputation
10% Discounts and Promotions
10% Professional Reviews
0% Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) WDTV Live Plus
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

A preamp processor with HDMI matrix switching output. They could compete with Denon and Pioneer with the quality and value they're known for.

A

Architect1975

Enthusiast
Questions:

30% Performance
20% Price
10% Aesthetics
23% Brand Reputation
10% Discounts and Promotions
10% Professional Reviews
2% Personal Recommendations
0% Other (please describe)

Receivers. To keep the quality control and manufacturing in house. Making high end equipment more affordable, as Outlaw has done with speakers.

C

cubazuelen

Enthusiast
Questions:
Performance - 30%
Price - 30%
Aesthetics - 5%
Brand Reputation - 10%
Discounts and Promotions - 10%
Professional Reviews - 10%
Personal Recommendations - 5%
Other (please describe)
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system - xbox360
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
other
- More loudspeakers, competition is always good!

R

repdetect

Audiophyte
answers

Questions:
Performance 40%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 3%
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations 0%
Other (please describe) Features 12% - formats, bass mgmnt., ease of use, great chips (e.g. oppo 83se Sabre), (don't care about vinyl or tubes at all)
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) Roku2 XS
other
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Processor Why? owned 990 and liked it but now need HDMI - Outlaw offers nothing comparable w- parametric EQ ideally. 975 too bare bones.

farscaper

farscaper

Audioholic
1)
25% Performance
25% Price
20% Aesthetics
5% Brand Reputation
5% Discounts and Promotions
20% Professional Reviews

2)
1 Panasonic BDT310 Blu-ray Player
2 My cable Company's PVR (Motorola)

3) Simple & Practical Acoustic Treatments for Home Theater. I'm in the process of building a home and there is way too many options from unknown sources as well a whole lot of ugly.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Performance 40%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 2%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 10%
Professional Reviews 3%
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) ROKU 2
other

Stereo Preamp with HDMI. I like what Outlaw has done with the RR, I imagine they could do similar without the amp.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Questions:
  • Performance 49.5%
  • Price 20%
  • Aesthetics 0.5%
  • Brand Reputation 5%
  • Discounts and Promotions 20%
  • Professional Reviews 0%
  • Personal Recommendations 5%
  • Other (please describe)
Measurements & willingness of company to give info about product. The more technical info free of lame marketing, the more willing I am to buy. :D [This goes hand-in-hand with performance so I will not give it a %. It is easier to gauge performance if you give me loads of info. If you're afraid to tell me everything about your product, I'm afraid to buy it.]

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system Xbox 360 Slim for all streaming but music. It can stream movies/shows from every streaming service I use.
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other I stream music from my PC to other devices. The quality is better than a music streaming service.
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? It would be great to have another driver manufacturer for DIY enthusiasts.
Good luck everyone! :D

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
40% Performance
30% Price
10% Aesthetics
10% Brand Reputation
0% Discounts and Promotions
5% Professional Reviews
5% Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)
I hate questions like this as it's an ever moving target (and they are all 100%, if I cannot afford something, I cannot buy it no matter its other merits. Similarly, if I don't like the sound, I won't)

2) My PS3 because it was already attached to the network and AVR.

3) Right now I am sub hunting. I also am tangentially interested in the good streaming device with flexible and "good" controls.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief

• Performance - 25%
  • Price - 20%
  • Aesthetics - 15%
  • Brand Reputation - 10%
  • Discounts and Promotions - 10%
  • Professional Reviews - 10%
  • Personal Recommendations -10%

My Oppo BDP-103. There's simply nothing this player can't do, and do well. From the interface to the performance it just works. If only everything was this seamless...

One thing the AV market seems to be missing is half-height HT receivers. Marantz has the NR1403 and NR1603, but it appears there's not much else. Even if it's just 5.1 I suspect there are consumers for such a product. It's hard to imagine that everyone wants/needs a 50 pound receiver the size of a 1980's desktop PC. All other forms of electronics are getting smaller and more powerful, so how come there aren't some AV receivers following that trend?

B

Berserk Beagle

Audiophyte
Contest Entry

Questions:

Performance 40%
Price 40%
Aesthetics 0%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 0%
Professional Reviews 10%
Other (please describe)

Gaming Systems... both xbox360 and ps3. In my experience Netflix is more stable on the PS3.

Stick with what they do best and produce a more varied line of subwoofers that appeal to people at different price and performance levels.

S

Socially_Inept

Audiophyte
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations
  • Other (please describe)
Price - 30% (can't buy it if I can't afford it)
Aesthetics - 10% - (sound is more important than looks)
Brand Reputation - 30% - (i've had some bad customer service so i've learned)
Discounts/Promotions - 20% (who doesn't love a deal?)
Professional Reviews - 10% (i've seen some crackpot reviews....)
Personal Recommendations - 0% (most people i know don't know HT)
Other

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
Other - My self-built home theater PC, fast/reliable/well integrated/easy to operate

Room treatments - harder to find, it can be easy to spend a lot of money on a bit of foam

S

smgear

Audiophyte
25 Performance
15 Price
10 Aesthetics
10 Brand Reputation
10 Discounts and Promotions
5 Professional Reviews
15 Personal Recommendations
10 Past Experience with brand

I use an laptop connected to an external hard drive (asus running ubuntu)

Headphones, Room Treatment, Interconnects

Coult_45

Coult_45

Junior Audioholic
Performance =35%
Price = 40% (don't we all wish this wasn't a factor) this should be labeled value
Brand Reputation = 1%
Professional Reviews = 20%
User Reviews=4%

a computer. I have a Panasonic bdt-310 blu-ray but the htpc (notebook with docking station) does a lot more so I just use it.

Quote:
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? I would like to see an eq/management gadget for subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis