Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Outlaw Audio is giving away a LFM-1EX Subwoofer to one (1) lucky entrant! This contest represents a $649 value!

Our friends at Outlaw Audio are gonna help you Shake Rattle & Slam into the New Year by entering to win a brand new Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer. As you can see in our review and comprehensive measurements, this subwoofer is a sure bet to give your home theater system a shot of adrenaline. Just make sure you install seat belts in your seats if you are our lucky winner at the end of the month!

What you could win:
The LFM-1 EX continues the tradition of maximum output, linear response and deep authoritative bass at a value oriented price. Now, you can achieve output to 16 Hz in large listening rooms without emptying your wallet. If you have never experienced truly deep bass, or felt you could never achieve chest pounding bass reproduction in your larger listening room you owe it to your theater to audition the LFM-1 EX.

What we had to say about the LFM-1ES Subwoofer:

"Based on our extensive testing, the LFM-1 EX proved to be an overachiever at its mere $650 price tag...Outlaw has knocked this one out of the park as far as we're concerned. Budget conscious sub shoppers looking to fill a large space take note!"

Specifications
  • Driver Type: Down Firing, 12" Long-throw Woofer
  • Ports: Dual
  • Amplifier Power Rating: 350WRMS
  • Frequency Response:
  • one port plugged: 16Hz. -180Hz. +/- 2 dB
  • no ports plugged: 22Hz. -180Hz. +/- 2 dB
  • Crossover Type: Linkwitz-Reily 4th Order Low Pass Network
  • Crossover Frequency: 30Hz to 180Hz and Bypass
  • Phase: 0 to 180 Degrees
  • SPL: 118dB (subject to placement and room gain)
  • Dimensions: (HxWxD) 21.5" x 17" x 24 "
  • Weight: 80 lbs

Contest Eligibility Requirements:
  • You Must be a registered Audioholics forum member
  • Have Continental USA Residence (Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada can enter provided the winner agrees to pay the difference in shipping costs as well as any duties, taxes, etc.)
  • Answer the questions in the thread below
  • Post only ONCE in this thread
  • Have not won a prize in one of our contestes in the last 180 days
  • Check out our contest rules for more details

Contest Questions:
Please answer the below questions by replying to this thread and we will pick the winners randomly which will be announced on the Audioholics facebook fan page (facebook.com/audioholics) and in this thread.

How these questions are answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.

Questions:
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations
  • Other (please describe)
2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
  • my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

See OutlawAudio.com for information on their current product lineup.​

Note this contest ends on December 31st, 2012. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
  • Performance 25%
  • Price 10%
  • Aesthetics 25%
  • Brand Reputation 25%
  • Discounts and Promotions 5%
  • Professional Reviews 5%
  • Personal Recommendations 5%
See responses in bold above. Performance is only so low because I buy online a lot and don't really know performance until after I've bought it.

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
  • my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • other
My PS3. It's fast and plays Netflix in HD and surround sound (although others do now, too). I wish that the fan noise was quieter, so I've thought about getting a newer player for streaming.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?
Class D amplifiers. I've been interested in getting an Outlaw product for years, and my current focus is on getting a Class D amp.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai

Performance = 40%

Price = 30%

Aesthetics = 5%

Brand Reputation = 10%

Discounts and Promotions = 5%

Professional Reviews = 5%

Personal Recommendations = 5%

Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
other

None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

I use an Apple Mac Mini, because it gives me full browser functionality

An AVR. To me it seems the most logical way to go. Instead of selling Marantz have your own branded AVR.

D

dirtytroll

Audiophyte
Performance 35%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 20%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 0
Professional Reviews 15%
Personal Recommendations 0
Other (please describe) 0
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

More of the retro style receivers the RR2150 is awesome but pricey

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Talbomb

Audiophyte
1)
Performance= 50%
Price= 25%
Professional Reviews= 25%
2)
PS3. I can use it for gaming, Netflix for movies and tv, Music Unlimited for music. It covers all my entertainment needs.
3) Receivers. I think more competition from a quality maker would greatly help the industry.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Questions:

Performance/Professional Reviews - 75%, 25% Value (not pure price)

I stream most of content from my media client - Netgear NeoTV 550

Outlaw have a gaping hole in the subwoofer line up - at about $350-400
Too many come people to ask us for advice for this price point sub and unfortunately M8 is just too small and LFM-1 Plus is too big and expensive
I think ported 10 sub with decent 300-400W amp and no hum looks about can something to fill this gap

U

upallnight312

Enthusiast
Questions:

• Performance 55%
  • Price 25%
  • Aesthetics 1%
  • Brand Reputation 1%
  • Discounts and Promotions 2%
  • Professional Reviews 15%
  • Personal Recommendations 1%

My HTPC. I built it myself. Dual OTA tuner, 5TB of storage and a bluray drive. It can stream anything and is more adaptable than any standalone product

Subwoofers, they already make a great product. Don't fix what isn't broken.

gregcss

gregcss

Audioholic Intern
Questions:

Performance - 70%
Price - 5%
Aesthetics - 10%
Brand Reputation - 15%

my smart TV -> streaming Netflix & Hulu Plus, Samsung LN46C670 LCD TV. I like using the TV over the Bluray player because I dont have to use a separate remote and don't have to turn on another device. I also like the menu interface better on the TV.

my stand alone streaming device -> streaming Pandora, Squeezebox Touch. My squeezebox is modded and I have a linear power supply, the sound quality from this is much better than my PC that is directly connected to my receiver

None, I prefer the shiny round stuff -> i do prefer Bluray discs and CDs over streaming due to better audio and video quality. I like streaming for the convenience factor and available titles.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? -> Like Adam mentioned, Class D amps. I've been looking at Class D from two manufacturers but since the amps cost $2.5K for 5 channels I have not bought one. Not sure if the parts are expensive or if this is mark up, but if Outlaw make a competitive yet affordable class D amp I would be interested.

Last edited:
H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Performance =25%
Price = 15%
Aesthetics = 5%
Brand Reputation = 15%
Professional Reviews = 25%
Personal Recommendatins = 10%
Other (please describe)

I'm use to read the review made by Audioholics since they are not biased in any way. They are based on real knowledge backed-up by experience and proved veracity.

Quote:
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

I'd have to say that my PS3 and Apple TV are my choices. One of the main details I focus on is reliability and those two have been great so far.

Quote:
I have been reading a lot of review on Outlaws electronics and they have surprised me so far. Also their price & performance equals more expensive systems. So, I'm interested on some class D amplifiers.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Performance =30%
Price = 30%
Aesthetics = 5%
Brand Reputation = 10%
Discounts and Promotions = 10%
Professional Reviews = 10%

My Blu-ray player can stream content, but I don't have it hooked up to my home network. And I have no great desire to do so. It'll just eat into my download/upload cap, and we Canadians have precious little to begin with.

Quote:
I honestly would have said subwoofers...I had no idea that they made subs to begin with. I'd love to get some kind of amp or room correction kit from them.

S

skeprod224

Audiophyte
subwoofer

Performance =40%
Price = 50%
Aesthetics =
Brand Reputation = %
Discounts and Promotions =
Professional Reviews = 10%
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)
I wish I could base my picks completely on performance but price must be my main reason.

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

My blu ray player, Sony t-57 (htib but only use the player portion)

I have been reading a lot of review on Outlaws electronics and they have surprised me so far. Also their price & performance equals more expensive systems. So, I'm interested on some class D amplifiers.

I'm mostly interested in a higher quality receivers/separates and 7.1 speakers.

Last edited:
Q

qbattersby

Audiophyte

Performance = 35%

Price = 35%

Aesthetics = 5%

Brand Reputation = 10%

Professional Reviews = 5%

Other (please describe)

I use an Apple TV 2 and I love it. Would be better if it allowed for DTS-HD and TrueHD.

An AVR would be great! Nothing wrong with some more competition!

M

Mikebiker

Enthusiast
Performance 30%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 25%
Personal Recommendations 5%
Other (please describe)

My stand alone streaming device Roku.

I would like to see a good 2-tuner OTA HD DVR. I get my TV from OTA and the number of available recorders is getting to be close to zero.

W

Wheatenterrier

Junior Audioholic
Questions:
  • Performance 25
  • Price24
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations25
25 forum recommendations

• my smart TV
    My Samsung blu ray player. Because you turn it on and it's there. It gets netlix. The xbox also does but we don't use that.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? Wireless sub adaptation so we can place it in the best spot through cord free trial and error.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Questions:
Performance-40%
Price-40%
Aesthetics-
Brand Reputation-20%
Discounts and Promotions-
Professional Reviews-
Personal Recommendations-
Other (please describe)-
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other
I use a healthy combination of all named, I don't believe I use any one more than another.

I think a nice high efficency speaker would be nice. With the demise of two other small ID companies who made affordable HE speakers, I think Outlaw could fill in this void nicely. High quality, affordable subwoofers combined with some HE speakers at a very affordable price makes for a nice combo methinks.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Performance 50
Price 20
Aesthetics 2
Brand Reputation 20
Discounts and Promotions 2
Professional Reviews2
Personal Recommendations4
Other (please describe)

Apple TV - latest version

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw?

Upgrade the 2150 to add toslink/ coax digital inputs and move the bass management to the front panel or make it digital. The other options in this category are 2k and up!

Last edited:
T

toothboy

Audiophyte

Performance 50%
Price 40%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Other (please describe)

Panasonic ST30...it's the only streaming device I own

Would love to see some dedicated HT speakers that compete with the likes of Aperion, Ascend, etc. More speaker choices=happier me.

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Questions:
Performance 45%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 0%
Professional Reviews 10%
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other
Currently it's my Xbox 360. I mostly use it for Hulu and Amazon with the occasional stream of music or movies from my laptop. My BR player streams but I'm limited to wireless connection at the moment and my Xbox is the only wireless capable streaming device I've got.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw?
Product category would have to be your own brand of AVR's. I see it has been mentioned several times already, but you'll have an opportunity to sell some nice, complete theater packages. Give it a nice GUI (responsive, intuitive, pretty to look at), a handsome design and a variety of streaming options built in.

Most AVR's are passively cooled, put in some time to include some silent active cooling (to allow the receiver to be placed in tight spots or have a super slim design) and you'll have quite the product!

Last edited:
T

tike71

Audiophyte
Questions:
Performance 40%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 20%
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations 10%
Other (please describe)

My computer system. It's the source of all my media

Headphones & TVs

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Questions:
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations
25% performance
20% reputation
15% price
20% Aesthetics
20% pro reviews

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • other
Other, I just use my HTPC

One thing I would like to see is a affordable headphone amp. There are a lot of headphone amps on the market that are $200+, but seriously how much does it really cost to manufacture a headphone amplifier? I would like to see a decent one that is less than $100, and preferably 50 to 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis