Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jmilton7043

jmilton7043

Audioholic Intern
Sub Human

Performance 45%
Price 10%
Aesthetics 15%
Brand Reputation 25%
Discounts and Promotions 0%
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations 0%
Other (please describe)

For streaming: Roku and my Oppo 103

New product from Outlaw? A 7.1 AV receiver

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?

Performance 20%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 15%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations 5%
Other: Amateur Reviews: 15%

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

Apple TV 3rd Generation

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

Cable management

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Questions:

1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance: 70%
Price: 20%
Aesthetics:5%
Brand Reputation:5%
Discounts and Promotions: 0%
Professional Reviews: 0%
Personal Recommendations: 0%
Other (please describe)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

my gaming system: PS3

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? Bass management system for multi-subs at a great discount.

So integration of multiple subs can become easier and affordable.

H

hangin7

Audiophyte
outlaw sub

performance-100 percent do not stream at all.tower speakers.like the look the rest 0

A

africord

Enthusiast
Performance 30%
Price 40%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 20%
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player Sony BDPS185
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

Something like the 975/7075 combo that was a little more polished like the Marantz systems of old.

My answers are in bold.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Performance - 40
Price - 25
Aesthetics - 10
Brand Reputation - 10
Discounts and Promotions - 5
Professional Reviews - 5
Personal Recommendations - 5

My HTPC, with the PS3 being second, XBOX 360 being 3rd

Blu Ray players, because more competition and buying options are better for the consumer.

C

colmets12

Audiophyte
Questions:
  • Performance 5
  • Price 20
  • Aesthetics 10
  • Brand Reputation 20
  • Discounts and Promotions 10
  • Professional Reviews 30
  • Personal Recommendations 5
  • Other (please describe)

• my smart TV

My WD MediaHub Player

I would like for them to make a media player. They make great speakers why not try something new. :)

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Questions:
  • Performance 35% (this is the ultimate factor, right?)
  • Price 30% (but when I shop for cars, you won't catch me at a Ferrari dealership)
  • Aesthetics 5% (not so important for a subwoofer - after all, it may be out of sight)
  • Brand Reputation 5% (Not the game changer it used to be)
  • Discounts and Promotions 5% (I got my Earthquake SuperNova V 15 for a crazy deal based on a discount/promotion offered by the retailer I got it from)
  • Professional Reviews 10% (though reliable reviews seem harder and harder to find these days - one of the joys of Audioholics)
  • Personal Recommendations 10% (provided I can view and, more importantly, listen to the product)
my smart TV This is probably my best device. Both my TV and my BDP are Panasonics. The TV has better apps on it than the BDP, but the BDP doesn't require an additional input and cable on my AVR. So, in the interest of simplicity, I use the BDP.
my Blu-ray Player See note above.
my gaming system
other

A product to compete with Oppo's universal disk players. Challenge them on product quality and price.

G

gunga93

Audiophyte
Questions:
  • Performance - 25
  • Price - 25
  • Aesthetics - 5
  • Brand Reputation - 10
  • Discounts and Promotions - 5
  • Professional Reviews - 15
  • Personal Recommendations - 15
  • Other (please describe) -

- my Blu-ray Player - easiest to use and tie into my AV receiver

- An AV preamp with auto-setup and calibration

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Questions:
  • Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations
30% Performance (backed up by professional reviews with measurements)
30% Price
10% Aesthetics
10% Brand reputation (although this is more like warranty/customer support for me)
20% Professional reviews

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
My old 60GB ps3 via my computer & ps3mediaserver

Sealed subs...because you don't have any :)

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
Questions:

Performance................................40%
Price..........................................40%
Aesthetics...................................20%
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

Roku XS, I love it

Decorators' Subwoofers. I think there's a market for subs that don't look like subs, more like ottomans. Imagine a high quality down firing sub wrapped in leather...

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
Questions:

40% Performance
40% Price
5% Aesthetics
5% Brand Reputation
5% Discounts and Promotions
5% Professional Reviews
0% Personal Recommendations
0% Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

Other....going to say my Home Theater Computer (Home-built), closely followed by my Oppo-BDP-83

I'd like to see an AV Pre/Pro with Audyssey MultEQ XT minimum at an affordable price. Pre/pros are generally more expensive then receivers. I'd like to see a less expensive option.

C

collegeaudio

Audioholic

35% Performance
35% Price
5% Aesthetics
5% Brand Reputation
10% Discounts and Promotions
10% Professional Reviews
0% Personal Recommendations
0% Other (please describe)

Xbox 360

Class D Amps! At a reasonable price.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
1) Performance 40%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations 10%

2) Apple TV

Balanced Outboard 24/192 DAC with optical input - for the MacBook Pro

Last edited:
H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
  • Performance - 35
  • Price - 30
  • Aesthetics - 2
  • Brand Reputation - 15
  • Discounts and Promotions - 5
  • Professional Reviews - 10
  • Personal Recommendations - 2
  • my smart TV
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)

Grace Digital Wi-Fi Tuner - I like a big mix of music. This gets tons of on-line radio stations, internet radio such as Pandora, Aupeo, etc., easily plays music from everyone's computers, even does over the air FM, can play music from SD and USB, plus more. It's always on and sounds really good too.

A decent remote that can control everything easily AND is family friendly.

R

rkl525

Audiophyte
Performance =25%
Price = 25%
Aesthetics = 15%
Brand Reputation = 15%
Discounts and Promotions = 5%
Professional Reviews = 10%
Personal Recommendations = 5%

My Receiver (Denon AVR-3310) for MP3s in my library and HD Radio.
My Blu Ray Player (Sony BDP-S580) for online and video content.

A more powerful 15 inch ported sub. To compete with the VTF 15H , PSA xv15, and Rythmik FV15. This is a very popular performance and pricepoint area. More houses are being built with open floorplans, and greatrooms. Outlaw has the low to mid performance pricepoints covered, leaving the more powerful sub category without a contender.

L

lynxxs

Audiophyte

Performance 30%
Price 40%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 10%
Professional Reviews 10%

other - Custom HTPC running xbmc, all the same access of a pc, but connected to your tv!

Always looking for more competition is the headphone game, Always looking for high-end cans on the go.

W

Wills

Audiophyte

Performance 30%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 20%
Professional Reviews 10%

It's a toss up between my Xbox360 and Blu-Ray Player (BDP-S590)

Blu-ray player to compete with Oppo. Quality at a reasonable price.

J

JimG

Audiophyte
Questions:
Performance 40%
Price 15%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 20%
Personal Recommendations 10%
Other (please describe)

other: Computer, home built i7. Good versatility with handling many sources and formats.

An economical 15" sub for larger rooms that would bring Outlaw quality to larger rooms.

A

Adim_X

Enthusiast
Questions:

Performance 65%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation NA
Discounts and Promotions NA
Professional Reviews NA
Personal Recommendations NA
Other (please describe)

I just built a HTPC that I use to stream netflix, dvd rips, music, etc. It has A8 3850 processor/GPU, 8 GIGs ram, HDMI out, 2TB HDD, Bluray Player, MI008 Case.

I am pretty new to your products and high end AV, I am a byproduct of Circuit Citys and Best Buys stores. I am most interested in Subwoofers at the moment. I would like to see a sub model that is just 1 step up from your current LFM-1 EX sub. I am looking to spend around a $1k for a sub and would like a few more tuning options than what you offer for the LFM-1 EX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis