Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Questions:
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance - 40%
Price - 40%
Aesthetics - 10%
Brand Reputation
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews - 10%
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

my Blu-ray Player, Panasonic DMP-BDT215.
Inexpensive 3D bluray player provides easy streaming of netflix, amazon, pandora, etc. Have two, one for HT and one in family room.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?
Entry level bookshelf speaker with reasonable performance at a lower price point. Could be used as surround speaker with existing offerings.

colin.p

colin.p

Audioholic Intern
Questions:
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance 25%
Price 35%
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 20%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)
As you can see price is a big factor, however I do like good performance as well. Aesthetics really isn't an issue and brand also isn't too big of an issue as there are so many good sub manufacturers. However, if I win an Outlaw sub, I will go on every forum and say how great it is ;)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)

At the moment I use my first gen WDTVLive and stream from 2 linux computers, as well as 3 win computers. I have a cheap 5.1 system that sounds reasonably ok. However a shiny new Outlaw sub would be alot nicer.
I live in a 3rd world country (rural Canada) that has precious little in the way of high-speed, especially a stable affordable option. So Netflix and internet connectivity for streaming is not possible, at least until I move where high-speed is available.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?
I took a look at what is available from the web site, and unfortunately it is all a little rich for my blood. It's all very nice though, so I don't really have any recommendations for you at this time.:rolleyes:

S

sicride

Audiophyte
I win! I win!

Questions:
  • [25%]Performance
    [30%]Price
    [10%]Aesthetics
    [7%]Brand Reputation
    [2%]Discounts and Promotions
    [25%]Professional Reviews
    [1%]Personal Recommendations
    [0%]Other (please describe)
  • my Blu-ray Player --- LG BP620
  • A competitor to the new SVS entry level line with LOW extension.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Performance 44%
Price 21%
Aesthetics 16%
Brand Reputation 3%
Discounts and Promotions 0%
Professional Reviews 12%
Personal Recommendations 4%
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other - Personal Computer via HDMI
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff ish

A 'mid' range sub, stick with what you are good at and fill the gaps! :D

H

Haberskir

Enthusiast
Performance
Price 25%
Aesthetics 25%
Brand Reputation 15%
Discounts and Promotions 10%
Professional Reviews 20%
Personal Recommendations 5%
Other (please describe) 0%

my Blu-ray

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? Sealed subwoofer for music only systems

Bob

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Questions:

Performance (50%)
Price (40%)
Aesthetics (10%)
Brand Reputation 0
Discounts and Promotions 0
Professional Reviews 0
Personal Recommendations 0
Other (please describe) 0

my smart TV

**my Blu-ray Player (**Blu-ray player because I don't have the other items.)

my gaming system
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

I'd also like to see a Class D amp made available and meeting Outlaw's customary, great performance to price value.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Outlaw Audio Survey

• Performance: 25
• Price: 25
• Aesthetics: 5
• Brand Reputation: 10
• Discounts and Promotions: 10
• Professional Reviews: 25

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device. Response: I go to my gaming system, a Sony PS3, to stream Netflix.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? Response: I would like to see Outlaw Audio collaborate (again) with Dr. Hsu to offer a cylinder-shaped powered subwoofer. Dr. Hsu has the prior experience and expertise to help develop such a subwoofer to rival ones currently offered by SVS.

M

MDC

Enthusiast
Questions:
Performance 25%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 15%
Brand Reputation 15%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations 5%
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff X Don't do streaming video

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? How about DIY speaker kits?

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
First, Thank you Audioholics & Outlaw for including AK, HI, etc. in this giveaway. The option of splitting the shipping costs is MUCH better than being excluded!

• Performance
  • Price
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews
  • Personal Recommendations
  • Other (please describe)
  • Performance 25%
  • Price 25%
  • Aesthetics 5%
  • Brand Reputation 15%
  • Discounts and Promotions 2%
  • Professional Reviews 12%
  • Personal Recommendations 8%
  • Other (please describe) Shipping cost to Hawaii 8%

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
I don't have one go-to device.
For music, it is the Squeezebox Touch for its quality, format capability/compatibility, interface, and its flexibility thru plugins and manual configuration. Being able to attach a USB drive and access it over my network to add/remove files is a major plus. The Touch running Linux and being able to ssh into it and manually configure things otherwise not available is great.
For video, I've used blu-ray player and a TV (in a separate room). Neither interface was that great. Slow, limited number of results (as in titles per movie genre, for example), etc. For media off the computer via DLNA the Oppo blu-ray player was pretty good, though not perfect, with format compatibility.
BTW, for video, first choice is always the shiny round stuff - blu-ray.

Since the Squeezebox Touch is vanishing...
Maybe a media player that combines the Squezebox Touch's music capabilities/flexibility/interface with media file and 'net streaming. Something with onboard/USB/removable hard drive(s) and the ability to access them over the home network. With or without disc capability, maybe models of each. Does it save much $? A nice low price tag is key.
More subs are cool, too. :cool:

T

turbo16v

Enthusiast
1)
Performance 30
Price 30
Aesthetics 30
Brand Reputation 10

2) I don't stream...but I do dream... :D None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

3) An affordable digital music server with hard drive storage and touch screen.

H

HarryBackanass

Audiophyte
Questions:
Performance 75%
Price 10%
Aesthetics 0%
Brand Reputation 10%
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations 0%
Other (please describe)
Performance is everything, value is subjective. I would be proud to own an Outlaw so I can compare the beat down on my current B&W sub.
2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Integra 50.4

I'd like to see some ceiling or in-wall loudspeakers so I can add two more channels to my 7.1 system.

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic

Performance -30%
Price - 20%
Aesthetics - 10%
Brand Reputation - 20%
Discounts and Promotions - 5%
Professional Reviews - 5%
Personal Recommendations - 10%
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player - Sony BDP-s590. (Great and inexpensive way to stream all kinds of content, although I actually don't stream all that often. I usually watch DirecTV or Blu-rays.)
my gaming system
other

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? - A sealed sub for those with size constraints and a larger ported sub a step up from the EX for bigger rooms or bass-heads.

H

hdmiii

Audiophyte
Performance.....25
Price...............25
Aesthetics........5
Brand Reputation..15
Discounts and Promotions...10
Professional Reviews.....10
Personal Recommendations....10
Other (please describe)
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other......Pioneer SC-55 receiver

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?.....High end processor with advanced room correction software.

F

fufanuer

Enthusiast
sub contest

Questions:

Performance 25%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 1%
Brand Reputation 20%
Discounts and Promotions 10%
Professional Reviews 15%
Personal Recommendations: 4%
Other (please describe)

my smart TV: Panasonic gt54
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

Stereo preamp with sub/bass mgt andwith pass through for multi channel use with receiver. Excellent stereo but still home theater.

mdanderson

mdanderson

Audioholic Intern
1)Performance-50%
Price -30%
Aesthetics -2%
Brand Reputation -5%
Discounts and Promotions -1%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations -2%
Other (please describe

2)My Oppo BDP-93-It is the only streaming device I have at the present

3)Pre/Pro-with advanced room correction

S

sleeper52

Enthusiast
Performance = 35%
Price = 25%
Aesthetics = 2.5%
Brand Reputation = 5%
Discounts and Promotions = 15%
Professional Reviews = 15%
Personal Recommendations = 2.5%
Other (please describe) = 0%

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other = My Home Theater PC (HTPC). Why? Because I custom built this myself with performance in mind. You can get any software you want on it. Absolutely nothing beats a custom PC to fit your needs!
Probably Solid State amplifiers or Tube amplifiers. Why? Because i don't have one yet lols.

Last edited:
K

kamoric

Audiophyte
kam

• Performance 40%
• Price 20%
• Aesthetics 10%
• Brand Reputation 10%
• Discounts and Promotions 5%
• Professional Reviews 5%
• Personal Recommendations 10%
• my smart TV (1st gen Sony Bravia LCD 46in)
• my Blu-ray Player (PS3)
• my gaming system (All consoles)
• my stand alone streaming device (HTPC)
• I stream everything using XBMC that runs on my HTPC. All my files reside on my NAS (Synology)
• I would like Outlaw make a 5.1 or 7.1 Home Theatre System (HTS). Most HTS made by big brand names suck.

A

anthonywoy

Enthusiast
Performance 70%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 0%
Brand Reputation 5%
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations 0%
Other (please describe)

My go to is the Xbox 360 with Media Center

Your own speaker line would fit well with the current products. You have almost everything else, it could fit well.

K

kaabob

Audiophyte
30 Performance
20 Price
10 Aesthetics
5 Brand Reputation
15 Discounts and Promotions
15 Professional Reviews
5 Personal Recommendations

my gaming system -- works for games and streaming. less clutter

Cheaper alternatives to wireless systems. I hate wiring the sub and rears, but don't want to take the $$ hit.

S

sonic debaucher

Audiophyte
Questions:
Performance = 30%
Price =10%
Aesthetics = 10%
Brand Reputation =10%
Discounts and Promotions =10%
Professional Reviews =20%
Personal Recommendations =5%
Other (please describe) = 5% outputs depending on application, especially for those with legacy gear.
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

I prefer to use my xbox360 for streaming as microsoft seems to have embraced quite a few content companies and in future iterations of the xbox we will probably use it as a some sort of set top box.

I would like to see outlaw make a compact sub that gets down to 18hz region. I want them to be the first company to truly be the giant sub killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis